Exclusive: International Cricket Captain 2008 Info, Interview & Screenshots

How did you get this relationship with chris and the exclusive pics and the game looks good but could a off side player turn into a leg side player by training

i like the fact you can have the bowling figures, ball tracker etc on the main game screen and loving the fact it has gone back to the original line and length and aggression selections!!! the new training aspect looks interestion, im very happy they are trying something new, but unless on the player profile it gives you actual stats on how good they are at certain shots, or insted of just saying 'front foot preference' 'spin preference' etc, it new says things like 'weak leg side player' then i think it might be a bit useless, i dont want figures on how good they are at shots etc as i think this isnt the way icc should go, its had some great games without the need for figures in the past, and you can get that on cricket coach, but i would think that giving players weaknesses is a step in a interesting direction.

either way, childish things are trying something new again, and have accepted that icc3 was not as good as previous versions, so hopefully they can get the old addiction which pervious verisions had back, looking forward to the demo!

How did you get this relationship with chris and the exclusive pics and the game looks good but could a off side player turn into a leg side player by training

1) Dean contacted Chris through e-mail, and using his Australian charm this followed ;)

2) I doubt it would change a player from an off-side to a leg-side player. I assume it would just improve his leg-side playing capabilities.

Allrounder18 said:
Only two types of training for bowlers ? what will happen if we train our fast bowler to spin bowler technique? Will he turn in to a spinner?

I can't imagine it would change a bowlers bowling action. I think they wouldn't want to make a game where somebody can turn Brett Lee into a Leg Spinner. This isn't official, my guess would be that it might add a cutter into a fast bowlers armoury, or something like that.

LeicesterFox said:
I have a question, do they have all new stats for the batsmen if you can train particular areas of their game, only how are we meant to know whether to train their front foot ability or their back foot if we don't know how good they are? In the past we haven't been able to see their ability just the stats.

I reckon the stats are traditional for ICC games, they would be hidden. You would have to work out if you wanted to improve their front/back foot technique, based on how they are being dismissed. Again, that is just my interpretation.

screenies look cool:cheers... it looks like most of the new players are there too:happy... now i will surely buy this game when it releases...:)

So if you used general technique like somehow like Collingwood who is a allrounder will it train both Batting and bowling and if so does the engine already know that they're a spin/fast bowler because i would hate it if Collingwood was training Spin bowling?

As said, I doubt it would see a bowler change disciplines from Right Arm Medium/Fast (or whatever type) to a spin bowling type. I don't see Childish Things making a game where you can change Brett Lee into a leggie. My presumption is that it improves a cutter ability, or something like that. This would be hidden though, because all the stats are hidden. This is just my interpretation of it though. We'll find out more when we play the game.

the new coach and physio screen looks good. i like how you can train for different areas. However for bowlers the is only one option, there could have been more such as strength, variation and seam or spin movement.

i hope the different trainings sessions actually have an effect and arent just there to look good. for example when you go to australia and the wickets are more bouncy, backfoot technique would help to improve your overall batting performance.

the agressive shots training session seems interesting, hopefully well see more sixes hit because of it

help

hey just wondering will it be released in australia on the 27 of june aswell because icc 3 came out like 6 months after it was released in england

Have some of the player errors from the previous editions been fixed? Such as Mohamamd Asif being classed as an all-rounder and Shoaib Malik as a bowler? Also, has there been any improvement in Shoaib Akhtar, who in the previous editions was disappointingly below par.

The Blazer added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

And a cheeky one: Will Shahid Afridi finally be as destructive and unreliable as his real life persona? :D

Will there now be more sixes? Its always been the main fault, as an avid follower I will buy!

Users who are viewing this thread