f0bstyle's kits and others

A simple way is to extract a ODI & Test Kit and observe how they look,like what is placed where,etc.
The kits are simpler than in Cricket 2004.

This is what i've done so far for the green aussie kit.

A couple things need to be fixed:

1. travelex logo needs to be made bigger, which means i'll have to move up the cricket australia and adidas logo.
2. i need to figure out how to make yellow colored name and numbers
3. pads? should they stay yellow or be a matching green?

Attachments

• ausgreen.jpg
    ausgreen.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 364
dazza, can you tell me exactly how to edit the .xml file?

Colin, here is the travelex logo i used. I had to cut out a lot of the red and blue parts that just took up extra space. If you have photoshop CS or CS2 i recommend using the bicubic sharper selection under resample image when you resize. I read somewhere that it maintains the sharpness of the original after you resize your image.

Attachments

• travelex.jpg
    travelex.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 331
This just my openion and not the openion of the staff members.

I don't like Cricked being footbalised.The new rules of substituion.Now home and away kits :(

hmm. I dont feel the same way. I like the idea of substitutes. Pretty much every team sport in the world has this and finally cricket does too.

Of course if they had more than 1 substitue in cricket then that would not be right. Would be unfair to bat with 11 batsmen and field with 10 bowlers and a keeper who cant bat. Then cricket would become like baseball. And that is not right. As much as I dont like aus and gilly for their CWC thrashing of india, I love him more now only because he turned down an offer to play baseball. Thats why I hate baseball. The sport is so pathetic that they need to steal ppl from other sports.

The home and Away kits, well I like the idea. Guess its just because I am such a fan of Basketball.

Of course, if any of this is implemented into Test Cricket, then I think the whole cricketing world should protest. As long as they leave test cricket alone I am happy.

I think if india had a home and away kit, then I would like to see a combination of dark and light blue. For pak their other kit shud be the traditional dark green. Pretty cool to actually think about what an alternative kit would look like for all the asian countries.

f0bstyle said:
dazza, can you tell me exactly how to edit the .xml file?

Colin, here is the travelex logo i used. I had to cut out a lot of the red and blue parts that just took up extra space. If you have photoshop CS or CS2 i recommend using the bicubic sharper selection under resample image when you resize. I read somewhere that it maintains the sharpness of the original after you resize your image.
open the file with wordpad or notepad and you should see this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<config>

<teams>

<team name="Australia" location="aus" id="0">

<kit name="Coloured" colour="#255420"/>

<kit name="White"/>

<kit name="Sweater"/>

just change the numbers. For yellow it would be #fae13c

Aus2GK kits released

Pack includes:
-Yellow ODI kit
-Green ODI kit (green pads, yellow numbers are included)
-New ODI cap

Installation Instructions:

Copy all of the files in the yellow folder to your root directory (X:\Program files\Ea Sports\Cricket 2005), as the yellow kit and ODI cap .fsh files are located in the folder.

When you want to use the green kit, extract the contents of the "green" folder into your root directory, overwrite any files when prompted.

There is an xml file in the green folder, which controls the color of the name and number on the back of the kit. It changes to color from default green to yellow so that you can see it on the green kit. If you choose to alternate between the yellow and green kits, be sure to delete the .xml file from your root directory.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Download Link: http://www.unc.edu/~vdhandha/aus2gk.zip

Attachments

• aus2gk-final.jpg
    aus2gk-final.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
what do you mean, post a screen.

I keep trying to attach the file, but i keep getting a "database error." does anyone know what's wrong?

i mean the kit in the game isnt very clear and the yellow looks more like a lime colour

Users who are viewing this thread