Facts concerning BLIC

will there be any kind of confidence meter or stamina meter, like ea's one (with it actually working)

Fact of the Day for Monday 24th

Their are nine variables you can choose when setting up a one-off match:

Difficulty (measured by village green to test match)
Match Length (in overs)
Stadium (chose between all the stadiums in the game)
Time (day, night, day/night)
Weather (adds moisture the air, for example)
Pitch Type (Aussie, northern hemisphere, dry Windies pitch etc - that kind of thing)
Ball Degradation (how quick the ball ages)
Ball Type (the usual balls included)
Ball Condition (how old the ball is to start with)

Regarding about difficulty level
Rather than just yer easy, medium, hard for the opposition etc, we've made it sound more 'cricket' - so Village Green, County, Test (I think the terms are, could be slightly wrong on them) - it means exactly the same as easy, medium, hard.

Interesting- particularly the ball degradation and types, if it ages realistically that'll be great

I wonder if they'll just stick to the pitches we've seen in previous games, dusty/normal/hard/green etc

This is sounding really good, hopefully there'll be reverse swing and stuff once the ball gets older, that'd be mad

Fact of the Day Tuesday 25th

Bowling incorporates four different types of delivery, along with an extra two special deliveries.

I wonder what the 2 extra special deliveries are........:)

Fact of the Day Wednesday 26th

One of the classic matches will be Don Bradman's farewell innings v England (OK, it's not the 'Gentlemen of England' but I'm sure you'll let us off) - you also have to get a 100.

Man I don't think I have EVER posted in these forums but I am really excited now about this. Been reading all of the facts of the day. If they can combine the best of Brian Lara Cricket 1 with the new bits of this BLC I think easy the best cricket game ever contendor.

Fact of the Day Thursday 27th

While playing a game as the bowling/fielding side, you automatically field the ball to the most dangerous end of the wicket (the one that will most likely result in an out), rather than having a choice of wickets to aim for.

That doesn't mean the CPU does everything for you though...

Fact of day 24th jan is a bit technical with too many terms involved in it,i doubt that those not genuinely interested in cricket will go for it.

They will probably have a random feature on it for people who are too lazy or who don't know much about cricket to set up a game

Users who are viewing this thread