Facts concerning BLIC

Prakash said:
Fact of the Day Thursday 27th

While playing a game as the bowling/fielding side, you automatically field the ball to the most dangerous end of the wicket (the one that will most likely result in an out), rather than having a choice of wickets to aim for.

That doesn't mean the CPU does everything for you though...

This actually sounds like such a good idea and is making the game more and more realistic which inturn is much more enjoyable and challenging

neilthomas89 said:
This actually sounds like such a good idea and is making the game more and more realistic which inturn is much more enjoyable and challenging

no it doesn't, the player should have a choice where to throw the ball, the whole point of judging a runnout and the fun of manual fielding. It shouldn't be that hard to implement, they probably couldn't be bothered to put the effort in so they left it out. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fact of the Day Friday 28th

[Continued from yesterday]...As throwing the ball from a fielder will be controlled by a meter shown on-screen. Throw it within the zone and it'll go to the wicket keeper/bowler (whoever is protecting the stumps). Throw it when it's on the line and you'll hit the stumps (obviously the further you are away from the stumps, the smaller the line).

Miss the zone in the meter altogether, and it'll be a misthrow or overthrow.

Prakash said:
Fact of the Day Friday 28th

[Continued from yesterday]...As throwing the ball from a fielder will be controlled by a meter shown on-screen. Throw it within the zone and it'll go to the wicket keeper/bowler (whoever is protecting the stumps). Throw it when it's on the line and you'll hit the stumps (obviously the further you are away from the stumps, the smaller the line).

Miss the zone in the meter altogether, and it'll be a misthrow or overthrow.

Good to see some effort put into fielding in a cricket game.

This is an excellent feature. At last some point to fielding

I must say the facts are getting better each day :) interesting to see how they do the fielding part i.e. will the right fielder be selected by cpu or we have to select manually (which is a pain). I have always found manual fielding tough.

Nav-D said:
no it doesn't, the player should have a choice where to throw the ball, the whole point of judging a runnout and the fun of manual fielding. It shouldn't be that hard to implement, they probably couldn't be bothered to put the effort in so they left it out. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i dont care it. as long as they are trying to put in something, its fine. they have so many other features..

"Well, I was stuck for a Fact of the Day, how about a work-in-progress Screen of the Day instead...

Send it around, let people know!

(Press refresh if it doesn't come up first time)"

pic1.jpg

Pat said:

"Well, I was stuck for a Fact of the Day, how about a work-in-progress Screen of the Day instead...

Send it around, let people know!

(Press refresh if it doesn't come up first time)"

pic1.jpg

Can anyone guess who is the person in this screenshot? is he recognisable??

That screenshot looks different to Codemaster's "First Look Renders" they released a while back. Here's a reminder of the early BLIC screen.

Hasan said:
Can anyone guess who is the person in this screenshot? is he recognisable??

As this is just a work in progress screen, it makes sense for them not to put a recognizible face, because:
1. The graphics may be improved at a later date, remember this is just a work in progress and thus a well-known person should be featured only when the graphics have been fine-tuned, to create a "stunning" impression on the target audience.
2. There might be some issues with licensing
3. And finally codemasters did say that only the most famous players could be recognized within BLIC.

It looks like either solanki or pieterson, well they are all i can think off, but i dont think its supposed to be anyone, its probably just a face which will be used for more than more player, doenst have a bad stance though, unlike cricket2004 players...

Users who are viewing this thread