Facts concerning BLIC

squiz said:
Would you really need to set the field to stop him hitting six 6's?

You need to bowl inswingers to stop him hitting sixes ;)

I think the balls,bats,pitches and stadia are very well rendered, especially for "work in progress" screenshots. However, the same can't be said of the player models, which look slightly cartoonish and disproportional.

Fact of the Day Monday 7th

There are 3 completely licensed stadiums (stadia?) in the game - The Oval, Egbaston and the Rosebowl, while the others are very recognisable even though the names aren't the same (for example, the ground shown in the screens last week).

So we are possibly getting a cartoony game with fake stadiums(that is why they are so few...) and supposedly great gameplay.........

Stadium names shouldn't matter, I reckon the planetcricket patchers will be able to change that:)

Remember the people who buy the game for PS2 and Xbox.

You say that, but what about those people who care about the names of stadiums, that use consoles Mr. P? I'm not bothered by the names, its not like they've had the real names of grounds in the EA Sports games is it? The only grounds I remember having their proper names from 2004 was The Oval and Lords, I don't remember seeing Melbourne called The MCG, or Sydney The SCG is game. I can see it being the same in this game, having grounds with the names of their location.

Mr P has a valid point. Codemasters don't have licenses for the other stadiums, but that's irrelevant for PC players. They say that all the other stadiums will be recognizable - that's enough. Modders will change the stadium names where appropriate.

And, if needed, modders can adjust the stadiums so that they look exactly as they should.

I can understand that some people can't get a PC for all sorts of reasons, but in my opinion it would a real shame to get such a patchable game for such an un-patchable PS2/Xbox.

Sports games go out of date so quickly that it's essential to have them on PC imo. Not just players but also pitch ads/ stumps for a series, bats, TV overlays etc

I would get more games on PC, but i'm, lets say, not very good at PC games, and I havn't got the first clue as to how to put patches and things like that into games.

It doesn't take too long to learn how to use PC games and install patches/modifications. And it's really worth it in the end. Besides, once you discover that many of the people here start using some really cool mods, you'll wish you had a PC too.

People on this forum will help you with using the patches. They helped me, and now I don't know how I lived without them.

Users who are viewing this thread