Facts concerning BLIC

barmyarmy said:
Fact of the Day Wednesday 23rd

The meter at the bottom left of the screen is the confidence meter - for a bowler if the confidence is high (and he's a highly-rated bowler) he can throw in a few surprise deliveries that will not be shown by the marker on the pitch.

This sounds like quite an exciting idea. Don't fully understand how it would work if you are bowling though.

I read in the designer interview (I think) that you could bowl surprise bouncers. Maybe it is referring to things like this ?

barmyarmy said:
Fact of the Day Wednesday 23rd

The meter at the bottom left of the screen is the confidence meter - for a bowler if the confidence is high (and he's a highly-rated bowler) he can throw in a few surprise deliveries that will not be shown by the marker on the pitch.

This sounds like quite an exciting idea. Don't fully understand how it would work if you are bowling though.

Maybe like in basketball games y'know, you do a shot and it ends up as a super slam dunk or something....

Excellent FOTD :)

I suppose a similar feature will be implemented in batting.Something like C2k4's one but hopefully more realistic.

Fact of the Day Thursday 24th

The confidence meter also affects the batsman - depending on skill the batsman, when he's done a few very good shots and is high on confidence, he can get out of tricky bowling situations (the ones detailed yesterday), and also smash away balls easier.

Question

I was wondering when the next fact of the day will be- will it be Tuesday? Since Codemasters are an English company I thought that they would have an Easter break for staff. That means today and Monday shouldn't have a fact.

just because they are a english company doesnt mean they will stop though!

Yes, Easter is a bank holiday, excusing people from working. No schools were open yesterday and not many people worked or opened their shops. I think Rubbergenius was taking his holiday yesterday, and the next fact will be on Tuesday. ;)

Skateboarder2 said:
Yes, Easter is a bank holiday, excusing people from working. No schools were open yesterday and not many people worked or opened their shops. I think Rubbergenius was taking his holiday yesterday, and the next fact will be on Tuesday. ;)

people still work over easter holiday. just go to a hospital, police station, fire station, army etc

Today it's a screen of the day - of Steve Harmison
Screen of the Day Tuesday 29th

ICC_Steve_Harmison_ENG_PCsc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread