IPL Failure and Surprises of IPL

Gurjot95

National Board President
Let's use this thread to discuss the failure/surprise teams/players of IPL.

I can't say about Teams as IPL is just started but I can name few failures of IPL now. Like-
Tait
Dilshan
Yuvraj
Warne
Hayden (only for now)

There are also some players which were not even know but now they have left their impact on cricket or the players which were underrated but have shine in this IPL like-
S. Tiwari (MI)
R. Bopara
J. Kallis?
A Rayudu
P. Dogra

Tell what you think who are the surprises or failures of IPL

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
The tournament has just started.

For example, Shaun Tait had a terrible first game but was much improved in his second game.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
Its just 2 matches played by most of the teams so cant predict with in the short time , & since they are the International and well experienced players so cant predict them, i am 100% sure they all will fire ;)

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I still cannot decide failures in the IPL, but Saurabh Tiwary and Ambati Rayudu are simply the biggest surprises of IPL. Maybe Saurabh Tiwary is the next ST.:sarcasm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I still cannot decide failures in the IPL, but Saurabh Tiwary and Ambati Rayudu are simply the biggest surprises of IPL. Maybe Saurabh Tiwary is the next ST.:sarcasm

ST? Sachin Tendulkar?

He is the next MSD.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, because of the hair. He comes from Jharkhand as well. Just he's left-handed and doesn't keep.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
^ And he's half as good as Dhoni in all formats. In a year's time, once Ambati Rayudu sorts his consistency out, I'll pick him in my Indian team.

King Cricket

International Coach
For some odd reason, Shane Warne's captaincy has not clicked in this edition of the IPL as of now. Yeah, it's too early to jump to any conclusions, but the defeat they suffered today in the hands of the Royal Challengers was shocking to say the least, especially if I take into account the fact that they actually lifted the trophy two years back.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
You have to take into consideration the team as well. In IPL 08, RR had a much better team than they have now. How much can Warne do?

Pranav

ICC Board Member
For some odd reason, Shane Warne's captaincy has not clicked in this edition of the IPL as of now. Yeah, it's too early to jump to any conclusions, but the defeat they suffered today in the hands of the Royal Challengers was shocking to say the least, especially if I take into account the fact that they actually lifted the trophy two years back.
They won the first season because they had the likes of Watson, Tanvir and Akmal in their team who performed really well, and not because of Warne's captaincy. They have half as good as players this time around and the injuries make it worse for them. Warne's captaincy has remained as it was - decent.

P

pcfan123

Ganguly has been a failure with the bat, he is too old to play Twenty20. His fielding is pathetic as well

stefan

International Coach
How is kallis a surprise?? He was one of the top scorers of ipl2 and the top scorer at the last world 20/20.

Users who are viewing this thread