Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think the AI controlled team need to have better awareness of when to declare instead of when they get 450 runs ahead or for example I was playing a 80S Pakistan team they batted for two days and then came in for day 3 and declared after the first ball on day 3.what is he point of that they should have declared at the end of day 2 by the way they declared 9 for 459

pavanjorige

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There are two types of features 1. Badly Needed (i stopped playing the game and waiting to resume when these features are available)
2. Optional (these features improve the game)

Badly Needed Features:
1. In Career mode, i want to play at no.3 but i will end up replacing my hero Virat Kohli if i get selected to International Team.There Should be option for me to select which player i want to replace if i am selected for some team.
2. In Career Mode, i always play with the same team when i am 16 and when i am 35 the Team should change as it was there automatically, new players should come into the game.
3. Once a Kit Maker makes a kit he should be able to apply those textures to the kit and share it in the academy (This Reduces lot of time for the people who are playing the game).
I dont know whether this is possible or not but kit modding should become easy.
4. More Domestic Teams and Tournaments should be added and there should be option to create those competitions since In IPL, every year teams change.
5. Pitches should vary according to country eg., Indian Spin Pitches australia Fast Pitches Like that.
6. In Competitions by default the user will not playing for any single country . There should be a mode where plays for a single country and is Shown only the games which his team participates ... This was followed in EA Cricket 07 and i am used to it
7. Gameplay Needs to be improve a lot i see few shots missing like slog sweep i`m not sure but few tweaks here and there.

Finally i am requesting all mostly the admin @MattW to consider taking the suggestions and group it to a list and make an opinion poll and consider the top most features requested by the people be finished and Added to the game.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I request we let the professional gaming company do their thing and avoid at all cost polling the community for anything lest we end up with Dhoni Cheerleaders dressed as Hellicopters.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
hi,
@MattW (i tag u as if ross unable to read then atleast u can convey below message to concern dept)

it would be great if we have different color scheme or theme like current game theme color is black/gray/white (i.e. in scorecard or score bottom line),

- Combination of green color like channel 9 theme or blue color like skysports theme that would be good change as well along with default option
- Also please include team stats i.e. success % or ranking system as well
- Include more trophies as profile level increases like at level 10,20,40,80 etc
- Also include career as player or coach along with world cups etc that would be good addition
- Add Player fatigue/stamina level or if ball hits to body then timely injuries concept
- More difficult level or increase difficulty
- Need crowd noise home-away effect
- Need more match stats option like run rate graph, lines run/over, manhattan, worm graph, partnership graph etc

For sure rest of features/tech game play would be perfect as its next version of dbc14.

Once again, Thanks BIGANT/ROSS/MATTW/Team for bringing such great cricket game for us.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think features have been done to death, but really features without top notch gameplay are irrelevant: DBC14 could have had career mode from under 8’s with injuries, dynamic team selection (including you being dropped), all tournaments, cheerleaders, and cheerleader orgies but you still wouldn’t have played a bowling career on it.

What I’d like to propose instead is some “Acceptance Criteria” around the gameplay that would indicate the gameplay being on track.

Batting
  • It should be important to know the conditions (weather, pitch and ball age) in order to determine how aggressively/defensively I might bat
  • It should be important to know the bowler I’m facing because the type of deliveries I’m likely to face would vary according to the bowler’s skill
  • It should be important to check the field because the field will be indicative of the bowler’s/captain’s plan
  • It should be important to know who I am batting with (and their strengths/weaknesses) in order to make the best shot selection
  • It should feel different batting with different batsmen, facing different bowlers, and in different countries/conditions
  • It should feel different facing different facing different teams: different bowling plans, field sets, captaincy skill/aggression/patience
Bowling
  • It should be important to know the bowler I’m bowling with, and their strengths / weaknesses in order to make the best delivery selection
  • It should be important to know the conditions (weather, pitch and ball age) to help determine who to bowl, and affect delivery selection
  • It should feel easier (to maximise accuracy/speed/swing/spin as appropriate) bowling a suitable delivery for my bowler’s strength than bowling one they are not as strong on
  • It should be important to know the batsman facing (and their strengths/weaknesses) in order to determine a bowling plan and delivery selection
  • It should feel different bowling with different bowlers: the plans you can execute, conditions that suit you, delivery selection
  • It should feel different bowling under different captains (career mode only) in terms of plans you will be asked to execute, role in team, aggression etc.
  • It should feel as though every mode of dismissal the AI has available vs me has the same probability for me vs AI
Captaincy
  • It should be important to know the pitch conditions to determine the line up
  • It should be important to know the batsman facing (and their strengths/weaknesses) and the bowler bowling (and their strengths/weaknesses) in order to set a field
  • It should be important to know the weather conditions to determine the toss decision

If DBC17 ticks those boxes, the gameplay is spot on. I'd say DBC14 missed these aspects, or they were too subtle. Even where they are there, I don't feel they have a particularly significant impact on the outcome: they are not important in that sense.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
  • It should be important to know who I am batting with (and their strengths/weaknesses) in order to make the best shot selection
  • It should be important to know the bowler I’m bowling with, and their strengths / weaknesses in order to make the best delivery selection
You mean the non striker's strength and weakness as to determine your approach of batting?

2nd one I am not able to get the point..

estmsm

Club Captain
Realistic animations of edges to the WK and slips cordon... And its percentage should be increased...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You mean the non striker's strength and weakness as to determine your approach of batting?

2nd one I am not able to get the point..

No, the striker. I think it should really be different batting with different playes and your shot selection should be according to that. Not everyone can play 360 degrees like Root or ABdV.

The second point is the same but switched to bowling. It should feel much more sensible to bowl swing with a Jimmy Anderson and back of a length with a Glenn McGrath - in DBC14 it's interchangeable. And spinners too - right now there is no penalty for bowling any delivery, regardless of your bowler's skill, so every bowler is the same.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I might sound little off here, But It'll be extremely satisfying to have "secondary objectives" for my career player. Such as, depending on match condition, Captain/ team management wants me to Bat for 10 overs without risk, establish partnership or increase run-rate, bowl to dismiss the key man or drop the run rate to x.xx and so on....... Upon successfully completing those, you'll be rewarded Skill points and will increase your chance to cement your place in the team.

I feel even Captains can be well tested in such mini games as well as give the player the feeling to play for "something"! Captains can be sacked by management as well........... so does the player can miss out his place ....

I don't know but this seems very interesting idea to me! :) Love to see DBC 17 equipped with that!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
No, the striker. I think it should really be different batting with different playes and your shot selection should be according to that. Not everyone can play 360 degrees like Root or ABdV.

The second point is the same but switched to bowling. It should feel much more sensible to bowl swing with a Jimmy Anderson and back of a length with a Glenn McGrath - in DBC14 it's interchangeable. And spinners too - right now there is no penalty for bowling any delivery, regardless of your bowler's skill, so every bowler is the same.
Yeah valid point..

LiamHampshire

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Assuming we get dynamic team selection with captain's input in career mode, I think if you're captain of the side then you should be able to view a summary of how the ground/pitch usually plays (eg: "large boundaries, pitch usually spins, t20 par: 140") and a summary of how the pitch is likely to be prepared (eg: "[home team] have two good spinners so groundsman is likely to prepare a turner" or "pitch is usually hard with plenty of bounce"). These summaries will allow you to pick a team of players that are most suited to the conditions.

gunit123

County Cricketer
It would be great if, for example, at the end of a game/innings, you could go to a highlights menu and see a mini 'recap' of the innings for a particular player. E.g. in Fifa, there is an option to see key moments at the end of the game, whether it be goals/saves/close chances.

Similarly, it would be really good if you had the opportunity to recap the best moments of the game PLUS the individual option to view a great spell a bowler had, or equally, a memorable innings from a batsman. This would be perfect with some nice cinematic angles (see Fifa example below):

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It would be great if, for example, at the end of a game/innings, you could go to a highlights menu and see a mini 'recap' of the innings for a particular player. E.g. in Fifa, there is an option to see key moments at the end of the game, whether it be goals/saves/close chances.

Similarly, it would be really good if you had the opportunity to recap the best moments of the game PLUS the individual option to view a great spell a bowler had, or equally, a memorable innings from a batsman. This would be perfect with some nice cinematic angles (see Fifa example below):

Yeah forget what I said about edges and varied opponents. Let's have a highlight reel 95% of people will watch once, and the other 5% not at all.

gunit123

County Cricketer
Yeah forget what I said about edges and varied opponents. Let's have a highlight reel 95% of people will watch once, and the other 5% not at all.

You can bang on about edges all you like, I'm sure Matt and co. at Big Ant heard it the first time. It's just a feature I think will be nice AND (the key word here) it can complement any other additions including changes to the bowling mechanics.

roop

School Cricketer
Creating a exciting atmosphere in the tournaments would be great like in any tournament we play before a big match starts like Ind vs Pak or Aus vs Nz there should be cut scenes
from real life cricket showing some brilliant boundaries or wicket taking highlights of those playing nations.

Note: i know we can edit tournaments but there is one thing is missing like creating a group+knockout tournament like if we want to have 4 groups then straight quaterfinals which is missing as of now we have to go through super 6 or super 10 thing. there should be more flexibility in creating tournaments( group + knockout neeeded).

Users who are viewing this thread