Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

khanjoiya456

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
a scenario or challenge creator would b a good addition into academy this would improve online experience as well as offline multiplayer ...
having ability to control no. of overs already bowled/ wickets fallen while setting a target or chasing a target while while top order has flopped under good bowling from opposition

some options that can b added
no of overs
wickets(fallen)
batting confidence*
bowling confidence*
pitch ground condition(match conditions)
match no. in series(tournament=last match after 2-2 odi or must win to qualify =mimic pressure)
*if there are things as these in game

hope i conveyed the idea right...

estmsm

Club Captain
Edges to slips and WK should not involve only playing shots, but also while the batsmen defend.

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
They should make a tournament creator so we could trial different World Cup formats

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah forget what I said about edges and varied opponents. Let's have a highlight reel 95% of people will watch once, and the other 5% not at all.

But the thing is edges aren't going to sell copies. It's the same problem with FM. Everyone who plays it properly/ a lot would be more then happy to just have an AI improvement every year but that sadly won't sell copies and get profits. As much as we all just want dynamic line ups and better edges they'll be 0 more copies sold if on the back it says 'Now we fixed edges and have actually line-ups!'.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You can bang on about edges all you like, I'm sure Matt and co. at Big Ant heard it the first time

...you can include 68.9% of this thread in that too, including replays.

As much as we all just want dynamic line ups and better edges they'll be 0 more copies sold if on the back it says 'Now we fixed edges and have actually line-ups!'

Disagree. You wouldn't word it like that at all. You'd use wankology terms and make the concept of edges sound exciting. Edges on their own isn't going to move copies but if they fix edges... and fielding... and AI batting... and AI bowling... and throw terms in there like "the most realistic bat/ball physics ever coded and pressed on to a BluRay" they'll fly off the shelf. Bells-and-whistles stuff like Highlight Reels and the like would be nice, for the 1 or 2 times you actually watch them. The reality is longevity of the game is based around what is under the hood. That's going to sell copies if they improve immeasurably on DBC14 and that starts with things like edges.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
But the thing is edges aren't going to sell copies. It's the same problem with FM. Everyone who plays it properly/ a lot would be more then happy to just have an AI improvement every year but that sadly won't sell copies and get profits. As much as we all just want dynamic line ups and better edges they'll be 0 more copies sold if on the back it says 'Now we fixed edges and have actually line-ups!'.

Sadly you're right but that's because the public are idiots. However, when idiocy is laid out before me, I reserve the right to point it out.

Am playing DBC again for the first time in ages. Bowling is just soul crushingly, ball achingly frustrating and I hate how the game blatantly cheats: oh you can beat the bat and rap the pads plenty, as long as it ain't inline. Inline = middle of the bat. If you land three cherries on the fruitie and get an LBW, it'll be from some random AI brain fart. Now who the hell animated the beat for pace/movement rap the pads thing, and decided to only implement it for when the ball is wide of the stops. What the actual F??? As for edges... I think enough has been said about that but it's all indicative of a general lack of sympathy for/understanding of the bowling process. @MattW has a lot on his shoulders to fix that!!

I know I will cave and buy this day one, but a small part of me wants to say "no, you've had plenty of my money. Prove you can make a decent AI and provide a bowling experience that doesn't make me want to crush my head in a vice, then I'll throw you some shekels".[DOUBLEPOST=1459280625][/DOUBLEPOST]
...you can include 68.9% of this thread in that too, including replays.

I'd say you have the 9 and 6 the wrong way round, and even then it's a conservative estimate

Spitfires2007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Probably already said, but I want a really immersive career, manager or player. Feeling like I am an actual player sitting in the dressing room and having the ability to review the delivery you got outt to. So you can improve

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I'd say you have the 9 and 6 the wrong way round

We need a new Bingo form; I want the words "Immersive" "Hellicopter Shot" and "Broadcast Camera" put on it, along with all the classics.

[HASHTAG]#AreWeThereYet[/HASHTAG]?

gunit123

County Cricketer
It was just a suggestion guys, no need to bash the idea into oblivion :) Why is it not possible to have BOTH edges/bowling fixed in the game and other features mentioned here as well? The main reason behind the key highlights concept is that it would be popular amongst people who don't just play solo/career mode but online frequently. This would enable you to share such highlights with your friends (and the rest of the community if you wish) etc just that bit more easier.

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A scenario mode similar to shane warne cricket 99 would be nice.

Recreating classic cricket chases/ moments.

I realise its not as important as good AI and other gameplay fixes, but it could be just 1 extra mode to sink our teeth into

D

Deleted member 149013

Gunit, I saw your point and you have every right to have and express an opinion the problem you have here is egos won’t let it be that easy.

The sad thing is no one here makes the game but they will tell you how to make it best. It is the obsession they have about discussing a game that is nearly two years old now one hand they will praise it and the other hand criticise it.

Think of it as angry men with trainsets and who think they know better than anyone else. They discuss everything the details who made the tea when it was made, what the texture of the case was like on their nipples first time out of the plastic, the but is Big Ant will know what went wrong and won’t need a thread of certain people reminding them every two seconds.

I don’t think Big Ant have dementia and I am sure they like more than just a handful of people to comment not just the usual crowd. The usual will silence them and wonder why the threads are dead.

To make PC great again you need to encourage not discourage people, others will be afraid to post leaving the place a ghost town. Because some people just want to suggest not everyone wants a debate or shitty remark or some over educated dick to come along and shove them out the way like they are shit and mean nothing.

Education will better a person but pompous ignorance is where it fails them.

The best advice for some put down the joypad go outside it won’t hurt you maybe then you will have something more than just AI to constantly obsess over.

pinku

Associate Captain
I would like the general look and feel of the game improved, For example when watching a match on tv you can tell if it is being played in England, Australia or West Indies when a player is running in to bowl

Cut scenes is also something which i guess everybody would like.

Commentary could be alot better. Maybe a recognised commentator would be nice.
My personal favourite is Mark Nicholas but i doubt he will be making it into this game.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Why is it not possible to have BOTH edges/bowling fixed in the game and other features mentioned here as well?

Nobody is saying it's not. What most people are saying is there should be other priorities and it's not like your suggestion was the first time that's ever been mentioned, literally dozens of people have suggested the same thing.

The sad thing is no one here makes the game but they will tell you how to make it best

Um, all reverence and respect to you for your eulogy on the quality posting in this thread, but that is exactly the form and function of any internet forum in the history of internet forums.

Just because we don't make computer games doesn't invalidate our opinions of said games. It's like saying you don't play for England so you're not allowed to have an opinion on how they play cricket. The rest of your post is self-aggrandizing nonsense and I fully encourage people to voice as many and as varied, stupid or valid opinons as they like, the more the merrier.

Makes this place vastly more interesting than wall-of-text combative nonsense about not being allowed to voice opinions on a cricket game in a forum that's designed to do that very thing.

People come here to chat, debate and enjoy the banter. If you want a safe-space @blockerdave has the password for the sub-forum.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 149013

Nobody is saying it's not. What most people are saying is there should be other priorities and it's not like your suggestion was the first time that's ever been mentioned, literally dozens of people have suggested the same thing.

Um, all reverence and respect to you for your eulogy on the quality posting in this thread, but that is exactly the form and function of any internet forum in the history of internet forums.

Just because we don't make computer games doesn't invalidate our opinions of said games. It's like saying you don't play for England so you're not allowed to have an opinion on how they play cricket. The rest of your post is self-aggrandizing nonsense and I fully encourage people to voice as many and as varied, stupid or valid opinons as they like, the more the merrier.

Makes this place vastly more interesting than wall-of-text combative nonsense about not being allowed to voice opinions on a cricket game in a forum that's designed to do that very thing.

People come here to chat, debate and enjoy the banter. If you want a safe-space @blockerdave has the password for the sub-forum.
Self-aggrandizing nonsense is in everything you post on here.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Move along...

Users who are viewing this thread