Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Yes, this has come up before. It sounds like a terrible idea...I'm just amazed that people see this as a feature in FIFA rather than a complete rip-off. I'm not even sure how this would be possible with the Academy.

It doesn't have to be cards, just a mode (either online or offline) where you start off with a team full of minor associate players and build your way up through levels/divisions where each team you play is of a similar level. I don't want a bar of micro-transactions because I hate that but I would be keen to play a mode like this.

Last edited:
I think accessories would be a good addition....things like chains, watches, tspe on fingers ect... those would be a good addition to the game
Also having different styles for each models would be great....like batting gloves if we choose model 1 it shud have like different styles or patterns and this goes for other things...i think these would help add more to the game

I am not sure if this has been suggested but it would be wonderful to have an option to adjust the gameplay speed as in FIFA and PES. It would be easier to bat for people like me who have reflexes worse than Sid from Ice Age.

I am in same boat as you specially against Fast and Fast Medium. Currently practicing using @Dutch suggestion of using no color indicators

On that point, they did try to make it a bit easier through patches where if you select lower difficulty the ball comes much slower. I am pretty sure they will take it to next level in DBC 17

'Taking guard' - not sure whether this is already planned for the new version, but makes sense as a career player to take a guard on arrival at the crease which then sticks for the remained of the innings for that bowler/bowling type. You may well need to take a new guard if a spinner comes on a bowler comes round the wicket. You could argue that currently when you move position in the crease it is remembered until you change, but that doesn't add to the realism of taking guard when starting a new innings. It also leads into the second part of this idea:

'Trigger movements' - On the current version, I like to have a trigger movement to keep my focus, particularly in first class games. I start on middle stump and then move backwards and across to off stump before a pace bowler releases the ball. A big problem occurs when I have to re-take my middle stump guard at the start of the next delivery before shuffling back across! It would be nice if this reset to the default guard chosen rather than having to manually adjust before and during each delivery. It may also be beneficial to create a custom trigger sequence that could be activated with one button press - very handy in limited overs if you wanted to step across to perform a ramp shot, for example.

I think this thread has become a recycle bin of ideas.

I think this thread has become a recycle bin of ideas.
No you’re wrong. Leave the thread alone if you don’t have nothing positive or creative to add, if you can’t hold a decent conversation. Go back to the funny pictures/vids/humour/jokes threads, talk about a warped sense of humour. 2 recent threads that have been ruined best resembling a bin.

I am in same boat as you specially against Fast and Fast Medium. Currently practicing using @Dutch suggestion of using no color indicators

On that point, they did try to make it a bit easier through patches where if you select lower difficulty the ball comes much slower. I am pretty sure they will take it to next level in DBC 17

Yes. Lower difficulty level makes batting easier but while we are bowling, the AI is dumbed down which kills the overall experience. I completely agree that batting has become much easier after recent updates but I still can't watch the ball closely against the likes of Lee, Steyn, Akhtar etc. I wish DBC 17 has an option to change the gameplay speed or that batting and bowling have their respective difficulty levels.

Yes. Lower difficulty level makes batting easier but while we are bowling, the AI is dumbed down which kills the overall experience. I completely agree that batting has become much easier after recent updates but I still can't watch the ball closely against the likes of Lee, Steyn, Akhtar etc. I wish DBC 17 has an option to change the gameplay speed or that batting and bowling have their respective difficulty levels.

Lowering batting difficultly would also lower the bowling AI and field setting AI. I dont think changing difficulties is a solution to this.

Lowering batting difficultly would also lower the bowling AI and field setting AI. I dont think changing difficulties is a solution to this.

That is exactly what I meant mate. I might be able to bat well at lower difficulty level but it obviously dumbs down the AI while I am bowling. What I was suggesting was to have an option to set batting at Veteran difficulty while I am batting and switch it to Legendary while AI is batting. So, while I am batting, the AI bowls as per the Veteran difficulty-which would make batting easier for me as I can handle the Veteran difficulty and while the AI is batting, it bats as per the Legendary difficulty which would be challenging as I am good with bowling. I hope you get my drift.

Last edited:
That is exactly what I meant mate. I might be able to bat well at lower difficulty level but it obviously dumbs down the AI while I am bowling. What I was suggesting was to have an option to set batting at Veteran difficulty while I am batting and switch it to Legendary while AI is batting. So, while I am batting, the AI bowls as per the Veteran difficulty-which would make batting easier for me as I can handle the Veteran difficulty and while the AI is batting, it bats as per the Legendary difficulty which would be challenging as I am good with bowling. I hope you get my drift.

I get your point but you didn't get mine. If playing the ball is your concern then it's better if they address that in specific right?. Your idea is a quick fix, a secondary option. Wouldn't it be better if you had the time to play the ball customised to your level or the batsman's rating and let the difficulty decide the timing window and AI's smartness instead?

i really hope this sort of mixed difficulty sliders - actually a more full featured "gameplay editor" is in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread