Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

a single slider effecting multiple elements is emphatically not simpler than individual sliders.

Yes it is, from the 'game being balanced' point of view.

I think you missed my earlier posts. I would preferably have a slider for every aspect of gameplay if possible. If folks are uncomfortable with it, Big Ant can have something like 'Options' and 'Advanced Options' for the sliders and users can simply choose to play on default slider settings the way majority do in madden or FIFA.

Secondly I explained in this post (Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 183 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums that at the end of the day how well you play a shot or edge it is a mathematical function. the slider will simply change the frequency of the same occuring. At it's simplest it will add an multiplier to the output created by the Big Ant's DBC 17 game engine when it computes a certain shot is a well timed shot, not or an edge. The mathematical model will not magically ignore other aspects and create edges as you keep on repeating. It will increase the probability of an edge based on a multiplier.

If you don't want to tweak it, don't. But others may have a different view or expectation of gameplay and may want more or fewer edges. It's an option, not a game breaker. It's akin to somebody protesting about adding an optional "Field Radar" on the grounds it's not realistic. Guess what, if you don't find it realistic don't use it or turn it off but maybe thousands others prefer to use it. Same with sliders for all aspects of gameplay. If you are happy with "out of the box" game all power to you but there are others who may want a different gameplay experience and that's why I call them "optional" sliders. You don't have to use them if you don't want to.

Great. We just ended up saying the same thing then. You are calling it the edge slider/optional slider. I'm calling it the User/AI batting difficulty slider. Instead of having 5 difficulties we are going to have 10 or 100. I would be happy with that too. Civilisation V had 10 difficulties, so not unheard of.

EDIT: I obviously don't mind having sliders if the game is perfect for me out of the box. I was just debating the reason behind such a need.

They should rework the leave mechanics as pressing R3 would sometimes play a back-of-the-bat ramp shot in DBC14.

I obviously don't mind having sliders if the game is perfect for me out of the box. I was just debating the reason behind such a need.

Once again you confirm you don't understand the concept of customisation. If the game is perfect (not gonna happen anyway) sliders are not needed.

Sliders make sense for the very fact that the game won't be perfect.

There is also the fact that sliders offer a great feedback mechanism.

If as @cricket_online mentioned there are multi faceted sliders and a forum for discussing settings, and a consensus settles on say: settings 1 to 3 are good at 65% of default, others 35%, some left at default etc. that is invaluable feedback to BA for how to set up future iterations. It is quantitative usable feedback rather than qualitative "more edges", "better bounce" etc.

You are so totally wrong on this whole thing.

I liked the edges off the defensive shot in dbc14 but that was removed in a patch, so if we can customize how edgy the shots can be it will be cool, another example playing pull in out of box dbc14 used to go to short mid wicket fielder in air but that too was taken off later

Once again you confirm you don't understand the concept of customisation. If the game is perfect (not gonna happen anyway) sliders are not needed.

Sliders make sense for the very fact that the game won't be perfect.

There is also the fact that sliders offer a great feedback mechanism.

If as @cricket_online mentioned there are multi faceted sliders and a forum for discussing settings, and a consensus settles on say: settings 1 to 3 are good at 65% of default, others 35%, some left at default etc. that is invaluable feedback to BA for how to set up future iterations. It is quantitative usable feedback rather than qualitative "more edges", "better bounce" etc.

You are so totally wrong on this whole thing.

Oh God. I said perfect for me. And no, I'm not totally wrong on this, just as much as you are. It's a discussion and I have my own points to stand by my views.

Anyway, what you asked for just now is probably a debug version.

Shall we just end this debate and leave it to BA? You are saying I'm not getting your point and I'm saying you aren't getting my point! Guess it's going on for too long.

Oh God. I said perfect for me. And no, I'm not totally wrong on this, just as much as you are. It's a discussion and I have my own points to stand by my views.

Anyway, what you asked for just now is probably a debug version.

Shall we just end this debate and leave it to BA? You are saying I'm not getting your point and I'm saying you aren't getting my point! Guess it's going on for too long.

I get your point. You are just wrong.

Your system - we take the output and hope for the best or a franco in 2 years. @cricket_online suggests a system where we have control, and don't need to change a thing if we don't want to / need to, and can collaborate on settings which provide proper feedback going forward.[DOUBLEPOST=1470771136][/DOUBLEPOST]
I liked the edges off the defensive shot in dbc14 but that was removed in a patch, so if we can customize how edgy the shots can be it will be cool, another example playing pull in out of box dbc14 used to go to short mid wicket fielder in air but that too was taken off later

dunno if you have pc but those are in with the franco mod

I get your point. You are just wrong.

Your system - we take the output and hope for the best or a franco in 2 years.

No you didn't. Look at what Zimrahil said...

Cannot see any issue with sliders - if I want easy/hard experience then good for me

Yeah, go sliders :p

I was suggesting this ^ was cool but to have edges frequency alone would be disastrous as that would unbalance the game. Then cricket_online clarified on what he said and we reached a conclusion, or so did I thought.

No you didn't. Look at what Zimrahil said...

I was suggesting this ^ was cool but to have edges frequency alone would be disastrous as that would unbalance the game. Then cricket_online clarified on what he said and we reached a conclusion, or so did I thought.

nobody ever ever said edges in isolation. you have been wrong from the beginning and are still wrong.

The only problem will be online , where BA will have to "Lock" everything up for all to be equal .

But as previously mentioned , then having the Offline okes , playing around with the Sliders for a couple of months until hopefully hitting the sweetspot ,

whereafter I would hope that BA take this feedback and implement it in the online version via a Patch.

The only problem will be online , where BA will have to "Lock" everything up for all to be equal .

But as previously mentioned , then having the Offline okes , playing around with the Sliders for a couple of months until hopefully hitting the sweetspot ,

whereafter I would hope that BA take this feedback and implement it in the online version via a Patch.

Online is always closed for Head to Head or ranked games, i.e. you play at say 'Pro' or 'Veteran' default sliders. In case you are playing a friendly or non-ranked game then the difficulty or slider levels are determined by the person who creates the game. That's what happens on Madden.

like ur commentary name ...crowd also cheer for u for the same?

One thing that I noticed was non existent in DBC14 is a clip off the legs through midwicket; you can knock it to fine leg or square leg but if you try to clip it through midwicket you seem to produce an exaggerated on-drive through that area. No one else has picked this up though, am I missing a trick here?

One thing that I noticed was non existent in DBC14 is a clip off the legs through midwicket; you can knock it to fine leg or square leg but if you try to clip it through midwicket you seem to produce an exaggerated on-drive through that area. No one else has picked this up though, am I missing a trick here?
Yeah, I've noticed this too. Very rarely they play a clip through mid-wicket but I hardly ever see/are able to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread