Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

That would be awesome :D

All our career players forming a team and playing against each other. :cheers

Would people actually want to play that? Seriously? Is anyone going to actually sit for 3hrs to even play a T20 when they potentially spend half of that in the field and half in the pavillion? You could play 3 hours and not have a single interaction.

That's even before you get to the practicalities: The amount of work that goes into trying to keep just TWO players online together... Imagine 22.

Would people actually want to play that? Seriously? Is anyone going to actually sit for 3hrs to even play a T20 when they potentially spend half of that in the field and half in the pavillion? You could play 3 hours and not have a single interaction.

That's even before you get to the practicalities: The amount of work that goes into trying to keep just TWO players online together... Imagine 22.

Yeah no wonder Trotty needs a rest again poor bugger....

I can't even see why someone would want co-op - being down the non-striker's end in career mode is boring enough - imagine that as well as being forced to sit through every second over of just fielding.

Cricket might be an '11 vs 11' game - but where it counts it's 1 vs 1.

I can't even see why someone would want co-op - being down the non-striker's end in career mode is boring enough - imagine that as well as being forced to sit through every second over of just fielding.

Online co-op no. But I've had the MOST fun playing 4-player in the past. If the game didn't have co-op, we'd just pass the pads to make it happen, which I guess you could do with DBC if you wanted.

Online co-op no. But I've had the MOST fun playing 4-player in the past. If the game didn't have co-op, we'd just pass the pads to make it happen, which I guess you could do with DBC if you wanted.

Did this yesterday 4vs4 was really a lot of fun.

To be honest, I wouldn't want any new features. Simply ironing out the existing issues would make it a great game.

COD generation maybe ? :lol

22 players multiplayer

That would be awesome :D

All our career players forming a team and playing against each other. :cheers

We barely get time to play as it is, and you want to spend that limited time sitting around staring at the screen? :rolleyes

Also, managing all those connections and sessions will be a nightmare. I can safely say testing the game to support 22 players across multiple versions of consoles will itself take most of the budget of the game. And care to think of when someone quits or loses connection in between coz 22 player co-op may sound fun but after a couple of hours without doing much will get to most people.

I would rather that Big Ant implement the following feature for online gameplay - ability for AI to take over when your opponent quits or loses connection. As soon as your opponent quits or loses connection, you should be given an option of either 'saving' the game or continuing with AI replacing the opponent. That way your online gameplay experience will not be marred by quitters and you still get a result either way.

Not gonna go through 10+ pages of prior content including my own comments here but something else came to mind -

- full 11 vs 11 online match i.e. a total match with 22 online players !!

- before the game, the team gets to select a captain among them based on a 30 sec vote counter. That captain makes decisions on who bats when, who bowls, powerplay etc.

- possibility of leagues/join/leave etc. so you can have a set of 11 move as a unit

Edit : damn... I just see that suggestion literally a post and 2 above me.... LOL....

I do like the controls that @BigAntStudios have implemented in the game and I understand the logic behind it (they work wonderfully well), however I would love to have an 'alternate option' as well in the controls. Here is an example of what I think can be implemented in the existing game using the current setup itself (maybe Ross and Team can include it in the second patch :P).

Rest of the control scheme being same as it is now, the following changes might be cool:

- Movement of RAS without pressing any triggers should play a dead defensive shot (like the one currently played when R2 is completely pressed). The idea here is that to play a dead defensive shot the player should not be required to work as much as when he intends to play a scoring shot. Also, this will help incase you either misread or wrongly premeditated the delivery and have to change your stroke from a powered stroke to a defense at the last moment. For e.g. you wanted to play an aggressive shot and had the L2/R2 button pressed but seeing that the delivery was not in your zone you can immediately let go of the triggers and play a dead defensive shot using only the sticks.

- Movement of RAS with variable pressure on R2 will decide the power of the shot with the batsman always 'intending' to play along the ground. When its pressed ever so lightly, the batsman should try to play the little delicate shots or try to time the ball to the boundary. Pressing it completely would make the batsman play shots that are currently played without any triggers pressed and can result in you hitting the delivery in the air incase you play early.

- Movement of RAS with variable pressure on L2 will decide the power of the shot with the batsman always 'intending' to play in the air. This will work as it does currently.

- The advance down the ground and unorthodox shot bumpers (R1 and L1) should be combined with L2 and R2 triggers to decide whether batsman wants to play these shots along the ground or in the air.

- Pressing in the L3 stick along with the direction (something like what you use to sprint in some fps games) should allow the batsman to 'walk' towards the bowler in that direction

it would be awesome to have music in t20s after every four or six and wicket.

more stadiums would be nice and more bowling actions.

more options in career mode like earning money from matches or sponsorship to buy better kits like bats or pads etc.

more improved fielding.

okay after a few days of finally playing DB14, here's my updated list of stuff I'd like to see in the next iteration:

1. More/better commentators
2. Expanded career where you actually get to play 2nd and/or 1st grade cricket before hitting state level. No wonder everyone struggles with batting...you go from zero to facing Coulter-Nile! lol. No, start at Div 2 where the fastest bowling is Med-Fast, with most bowlers being Med to Med-Fast (and spin), with Fast bowlers only being in Div 1 say. That way by the time you get to State level, you're already experienced.
3. Opportunity to play for say U21s and Aust A and PM's XI against touring sides
4. Ability to practice bowling in the nets
5. Ability to practice in the nets using YOUR career player
6. ability to edit your player's features after you start your career (don't think you can)
7. inclusion of a social media aspect ala FIFA/NBA where good performances are noted (eg. I took 11 wickets in my first 4 day game for Qld.....but no mention of it anywhere).

Simple request - when in career mode being able to sim batting or bowling, even if it means you accumulate no career points for it. As a batting allrounder I don't always want to have to have to play all the overs I bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread