Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Not sure if there are any plans to expand career mode, but I would love to be able to play it as a player from an affiliate or associate nation.
You could start off playing in maybe the under-19s world cup or other youth tournament (which could also act as a tutorial mode?), where some strong performances would get you noticed by domestic teams from around the world. Career mode then proceeds as normal (ideally with domestic tournaments for all the test-playing countries, so you'd be approached by the logical one if possible - eg if you're from Namibia you play domestically in South Africa), except you periodically play for your national side, helping them gain promotions up the ranks, ODI status, qualification for world cups and eventually test status (this one might need a little fudging given the ICC's pathetically vague "pathway"). High-profile performances at international events might generate some interest from domestic T20 leagues around the world, and consistent performances in your "home" country could lead to them trying to poach you for their national side.

Another plus with this idea is that affiliate nations might be more interested in official licensing as we saw with Russia.

Last edited:
A few shots for starters. DBC 14 has missed out on a few very important shots such as slog sweep and fine sweep of the spinners.
We should have access to statistical stuff like Wagon wheel at our discretion. This feature is sadly omitted and should be a part of next installment.

We should have access to statistical stuff like Wagon wheel at our discretion. This feature is sadly omitted and should be a part of next installment.
There's a lot of stats stuff missing, but you have the wagon wheel - it's the 'Big Wheel' part of BARS.

In career mode, either in next iteration or a later patch for this one (can't imagine it's high priority for patch 2) you should have some of the Umpires created in CA officiating... I just get the same umpire in every game which is a bit of a pity.

And it looks like this:

myza5ehy.jpg

In career mode, either in next iteration or a later patch for this one (can't imagine it's high priority for patch 2) you should have some of the Umpires created in CA officiating... I just get the same umpire in every game which is a bit of a pity.

I'll check that out, it's meant to be shared around.

Its so refreshing (almost unbelievable) so see a cricket game developer looking to iron out each and every flaw mentioned by the people here :clap

Developer's interest in a cricket game is almost surreal. It has never happened before.

Last edited:

thanks... i expected it to be so that's why it stuck out. i also got an appalling decision, LBW to a bouncer that hit me in the chest (my player is short, but not that short!) and it was a four day game so i couldn't even review... i know the umpires all have the same ability, but it would be nice if i didn't have to keep looking at his face, thinking "you're the [redacted] who gave me out that time..."

thanks... i expected it to be so that's why it stuck out. i also got an appalling decision, LBW to a bouncer that hit me in the chest (my player is short, but not that short!) and it was a four day game so i couldn't even review... i know the umpires all have the same ability, but it would be nice if i didn't have to keep looking at his face, thinking "you're the [redacted] who gave me out that time..."

I had the exact same thing in an online game v Rizzyx the other day and assumed it wasn't out so reviewed it. Turned out the ball was obviously shorter pitched however due to the pace of Bopara it begun to dip just before it hit me resulting it clipping the bails in an umpires call situation :(.

I had the exact same thing in an online game v Rizzyx the other day and assumed it wasn't out so reviewed it. Turned out the ball was obviously shorter pitched however due to the pace of Bopara it begun to dip just before it hit me resulting it clipping the bails in an umpires call situation :(.

I thought that was a possibility (though it wasn't a medium pacer but a fast medium early in his spell) and side on view was clear ball was still rising... I was fuming...

I personally think a good feature would be a Cricket Calender mode, similar to your traditional team management modes but without the boredom of being stuck with one team. It basically involves having full seasons of all competitions in an accurate calender and you can pick and choose what matches you play in. This would give you the option playing full seasons if you were so inclined, or maybe playing a domestic game followed by a test match and any you dont play are simulated.
The world could then evolve with retirements and new young players coming in, current young players becoming established stars, rankings for teams and players, stats updated for players, team transfers etc. with players and teams editable with a sort of internal BA Academy so you can edit players and kits how you see fit(maybe not skills). This mode would have tons of longevity in it as you wouldnt feel like you are just slogging out year after year, and the inclusion of new generated players would keep it fresh. It would be like your own personal world of cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread