Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

the "delivery life cycle" (as in, the whole sequence that comprises a delivery in an over, from pre-bowl to the end of the shot/return) should be more clever... as in, if i hit it to extra cover and don't attempt a run, the extra cover should keep the ball, he doesn't need to return it to the keeper, and the keeper certainly doesn't need to try and run me out. the game should know better when a delivery is over rather than only ending the life cycle when the ball is returned to keeper or bowler. more realistic and reduces the "stump attack" frequency.

the commentary could be improved exponentially, and become both more realistic and less repetitive, simply by not commenting on every ball. if there's a play and miss, a wonderful shot / boundary, a vicious in swinger that pitches on middle stump and seams away just missing the top of off, yeah comment on that... don't repeat "and there's no run" 6 times an over when i block out a maiden. especially in FC / tests, it's fine for periods of silence from the commentary.

the commentary could be improved exponentially, and become both more realistic and less repetitive, simply by not commenting on every ball. if there's a play and miss, a wonderful shot / boundary, a vicious in swinger that pitches on middle stump and seams away just missing the top of off, yeah comment on that... don't repeat "and there's no run" 6 times an over when i block out a maiden. especially in FC / tests, it's fine for periods of silence from the commentary.

Could not agree more. The other bonus is that if the commentary were a lot more sparing it'd somewhat mask how ordinary the scripts are.

Things i'd most like are.....
More commentary than there is. gets really repetitive after a few overs.
More teams/players ie. County 2's and International A sides in career mode. So if you don't perform at county level you get dropped to the 2nd's.
More grounds modeled
More Leagues for career mode.

Could not agree more. The other bonus is that if the commentary were a lot more sparing it'd somewhat mask how ordinary the scripts are.

Have always said for commentary that less is more

Taes longer to get bored of comments and repetition

Don't know if someone has got this bizarre idea before me.

But, how about a "Be an Umpire" Mode in the next iteration ? :rolleyes

Don't know if someone has got this bizarre idea before me.

But, how about a "Be an Umpire" Mode in the next iteration ? :rolleyes

Would only work if got to umpire the difficult decisions, the lbw's the caught behinds etc

Watching every delivery would be pure torture

Autosave after every over. Plz...........

Damn Watson was on a hat-trick I bowled a fast yorker middle stump, there was an LBW appeal but the umpire turned it down ... I was 90% sure it was out I was gonna call for review...

and there you go..... power cut....

*@%$##$#$^%&^%^

Last edited:

Damn Watson was on a hat-trick I bowled a fast yorker middle stump, there was an LBW appeal but the umpire turned it down ... I was 90% sure it was out I was gonna call for review...

*@%$##$#$^%&^%^

The worry is that there's a power cut during the auto-save and the data gets corrupted... we are looking at what we can do.

Is it possible/feasible to implement Playstation move control for Batting as in Street Cricket ??

Not sure I like the idea of an autosave every over if we're going to still have the leaderboards. Just gives an incentive to those sad enough to reload when they get out etc.

Unless there's some way to identify the reloads and highlight them on the leaderboard, it rather renders them a useless tool.

*@%$##$#$^%&^%^

eh...pls no. Each over takes long enough as it is (what with each ball being thrown at the stumps)...don't make it longer by saving as well as I'm sure it would add time.

It doesn't seem beyond the realms of probabilty that this could one day be included. Given that things like walking, shining the ball and appealing is all in the game already. There could be a hidden background stat for something along the lines of "mental toughness" or whatever and players with a low rating are targets for sledging...and vice versa. The risk comes from not knowing whether the rating is high or low and if you sledge someone with a high rating it spurs them on throughout their innings.

The batsman could also throw their wicket away if they become too aggressive...maybe?

also maybe the below could be incorporated as well, with match fee fines?

NHL 13: Fighting Gameplay and New Skating Engine - YouTube

Attachments

• cricket-fight-afridi.jpg
    cricket-fight-afridi.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
The batsman could also throw their wicket away if they become too aggressive...maybe?

also maybe the below could be incorporated as well, with match fee fines?

NHL 13: Fighting Gameplay and New Skating Engine - YouTube

I don't know about you but I haven't seen many (physical) fights in cricket. I can't ever see a serious cricket game having punch ups in it unless there's an option where you can be Dave Warner and you can go to a pub where Joe Root is also then it would be completely acceptable.

Last edited:
[thanks, thanks a lot it would mean too much for me and many...
QUOTE=BigAntStudios;2752964]The worry is that there's a power cut during the auto-save and the data gets corrupted... we are looking at what we can do.[/QUOTE]

Yes the game has ingame player creator and editor, ingame team builder, tour or tournament designer but it does not have a ingame stadium creator to back up the tour or tournament designer the prime reason for the request is very little no of ingame stadiums and the pros of introduction is similar to that of the CA beta, evading the problem of licensing of stadiums. How can it be done? Just adding premade models to the creator can be do the job....

Users who are viewing this thread