Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

BA can create all the attributes and skills as close to real life with fake names resembling the real name and make us create only the player model and other kits..For all the International teams, custom teams and other teams can be fully user created..
The whole team would be fake named like for David Warner they can put it as Dave Warmer etc...

Which is apparently what they already did...

What happens when Stan Smith is rated a 3 helmet player when the game ships, and by now he is a 5 helmet player? Too bad, attributes are fixed.

The current set up if perfect - if you don't like the attributes that someone else in the community has assigned, you can just edit them yourself. Too many people seem to think once they've downloaded the teams then they can't change anything themselves.

What happens when Stan Smith is rated a 3 helmet player when the game ships, and by now he is a 5 helmet player? Too bad, attributes are fixed.

The current set up if perfect - if you don't like the attributes that someone else in the community has assigned, you can just edit them yourself. Too many people seem to think once they've downloaded the teams then they can't change anything themselves.
Agreed...

Proper linking of players. You don't want M.Hussey doing a double act for both CSK and Perth Scorchers in a match during champions trophy. Also one should not be available for domestic series when he is on international tour even if the dates don't clash. I play first t20 for aus, then before I play the second t20 of the series, I am home playing domestic sheild match :(

More styles in batting and bowling. BA can provide a generic tool to change the batting stance/bowling style animation. Then the community can create the necessary styles themselves and share. Open more slots for ads, shirt/pant patters, sponsors, stadiums etc

Demands are huge, but DBC 14 is way way ahead of all other sporting games getting closer and closer to perfection (and FIFA):cheers

That would make sense if Peter Siddle and Jimmy Anderson weren't user created in the first place
As an online player I can’t edit any of the players it is against the rules. I could spend hours fine editing but then if the other online player hasn’t it wouldn’t be equal to what I have. When you look to download a player there is about 10 clones of them. If the players skills came already fixed but you could change name and appearance I suppose it’s one solution. We would have to work with the players provided if Smith suddenly becomes one of the leading batsman then that would update in a patch or the next release.

FYI this is a feature which I have suggested for next iteration of the game not the current one....:D

II realised this, I just don't think that the gameplay will be improved enough this game, so I would like all work to be on gameplay for the next game, not aesthetic stuff. Like I've said before, I've had so many issues I couldn't care less about having a different bat!

Hello everyone,
This is a long thread, I'm not sure if this was brought up already. Career mode season should be calendar basedd like MLB. Transfers to be allowed and base team should have a contract for few years as well . As someone had pointed out above, if the player is playing on two teams on a given date then he should be allowed to choose one of them.
I think other than that I'm sure everyone will agree on AI tweaking. They should play better cricket based on the match situation rather than hitting the first ball in the air for a 4 or 6.

i wouldn't say "perfect", but it's damn good especially because as you say you can change things you don't like.

what i would like to see, however, is a more flexible approach to skilling.

rather than 1-5 helmet, you can choose what the player is... i.e.: club player, domestic journeyman, associate journeyman, domestic star, international journeyman, international star, all time legend.

based on your selection, it would limit not only the overall points available to skills and attribute, as well as setting a maximum value for individual skills (e.g. limits arm speed so no more county players throwing down 95mph bombs), and also set a limit on how many of the individual skills can be maxed (for their level). e.g. say a domestic journeyman caps any individual skill/attribute at 70% of the bar, but also only three of the skills can reach 70%... for all time legend the max would be 100% and say 10 skills can reach 100%

this would give us much more flexibility, get more realistic skills but should still be pretty simple to implement since it's data configuration in academy to set the skills, and actually no gameplay changes are required since the gameplay should just be pulling the skill levels.

Problem is that game gets pretty one dimensional after a while which is hard to get rid of but not entirely impossible. I would like them to add more value to this for example.

- Type or pitches actually have effect..If we play on green top it should be difficult to time the ball also we should see some visible swing and seam movements in favorable conditions. With this both batsman and bowlers can feel advantage & disadvantage and every match can be different. Also for example reducing timing slot for bowling friendly wickets will definitely help to get this effect alongside visible swing and seam movement.

- Phases with batting... When you come into bat you have smaller timing window play in 15-20 balls and it gets a bit easier and better. Also during progress of your carrier you get golden patches with bat and ball (specially with bat) you can get a golden patch by scoring runs continuously for several number of games or specific time in nets etc.

- Club transfers/Getting dropped from playing 11 or opportunity to change batting order or get chance to bowl during a match. As a captain you can decide as a player you can suggest up to captain (AI) to decide if yes or no.

- Injuries during season. Missing matches due to injuries etc.

Few suggestions that I think will make the whole game much more interesting and increase the life of the game.

@dhump to be honest with the exception of being dropped etc everything you said should be in the game already (injuries were supposedly in it) but sadly wasn't implemented properly - one would hope a future patch might rectify it.

@blockerdave
I dont know if they will really add all that above in the next patch....But what makes me a little sad is that I waited longer for the game than actually playing it.

I expected a little more life but it got one dimensional as getting selected to play for your national team was nothing different nor anything special in comparison to playing for the club.

Well I hope for better cricket game.

@blockerdave
I dont know if they will really add all that above in the next patch....But what makes me a little sad is that I waited longer for the game than actually playing it.

I expected a little more life but it got one dimensional as getting selected to play for your national team was nothing different nor anything special in comparison to playing for the club.

Well I hope for better cricket game.

I think part of the issue is people over skilled/attributed county players so you get too strong players im domestic and there's no step up, but you're right too the lack of pitch variation and degradation in particular makes things far too one dimensional

it would be nice if they add worldcup tournaments in career mode

Now that this is the only real cricket game (and a brilliant one at that) is it a possibility that more licensing becomes available to BA for stadiums, sponsors and players?

Users who are viewing this thread