Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

I believe having more cricket grounds or stadiums is the only thing I'd like see more, maybe few more logos and sponsors if I was nitpicking but the edit options are awesome.

There are some stadiums, you can rename but when you rename the name still shows up as old name during matches which is annoying.

I believe if you are a test playing nation you should have 3 stadiums min. For Australia, India and England, I would have 5 grounds for those nations.

Then one or two more generic grounds, for me that would add more too the game, thoughts?

lol @ Balkeet, I thought you were promoting a 'Don Bradman Cricket UMPIRE 15' mode! lol. eh...I couldn't think of anything more fun than umpiring....and in a cricket game.

You could have a similar career though....state, county, national, etc. Your DLC could be your type of dismissal eg. 'bent finger', slow n steady, quick, nod, etc.

lol @ Balkeet, I thought you were promoting a 'Don Bradman Cricket UMPIRE 15' mode! lol. eh...I couldn't think of anything more fun than umpiring....and in a cricket game.

You could have a similar career though....state, county, national, etc. Your DLC could be your type of dismissal eg. 'bent finger', slow n steady, quick, nod, etc.

Umpiring a game for two mates would be a laugh though. You could make them appeal in front of you for LBW and some caught behinds.

you must tell me how you get edges/lbws/bowleds in pro - I get none.

From experimentation I've found that edges occur more often in T20's and ODI's and particularly when you bowl inswingers (mainly good length, but full and short do work too) way outside off stump...just had three in 7 overs - one to the keeper, one to gully and one to point (attempted on drive by the AI).

Edit: just had a another from the AI playing a flashing on drive, however it was dropped by second slip jumping (up) at full stretch.

Edit edit: and another to the keeper. Crazy stuff.

Pitch is green, hard and worn with light cracks - not sure if it making a difference but the inswingers outside off are causing havoc.

Edit edit edit: and another, this time at 5th slip.

Another edit: yes, another, this time to short third man (faster ball trigger pressed)

Has there been a sneaky update I'm not aware of?!

Last edited:
Licensing teams/stadiums would be awesome, but simply adding more options to the team creator would probably suffice (and be a bit easier than a stadium editor I presume).

For a fan from a country way outside the traditional test status powers, I'd like to see more of the lower level WCL competitions and a sort of "Manager Mode" where you could take a team like USA, Canada, Bermuda, etc... up the rankings and maybe eventually gain test status if you're so fortunate. I hope one day I can see the USA tour at New Zealand in real life ha, but it would be fun to live it out in a video game (outside of simply creating a fantasy match)

Dear Community,

For next iteration i would request the developers the following stats if that they can add in the game like in ICC CWC 2015 andriod app ==> hawkeye tab,

Attached
Screenshot_2015-03-09-12-50-08.png
is the snap of these stats,

Thanks

For me it would be stadiums and atmosphere. Also gameplay tweaks like checking the bowler stats pre delivery and when u exit u can't check the field! a fielding radar is a must. I hate the time it takes to check the field and rubbing the ball. Cool idea but just annoying for me.

a fielding radar is a must. I hate the time it takes to check the field and rubbing the ball. Cool idea but just annoying for me.

The option for a radar is definitely a must have. Checking the field every ball or 2 gets so annoying, especially in long innings. I can understand some people not wanting it for realism reasons, but really it's not that realistic anyway. On Saturdays it takes me about 2 seconds to assess the field, and I do that during the time I'm not facing up. The beauty of games is that you can skip the boring parts.

Obviously it shouldn't be compulsory, but a toggle would suit everyone. The people who are dead against it could easily turn it off (or even just not turn it on, if off is default). Just because I don't drink coffee, doesn't mean I think they should shut down all cafes.

Graphics that actually make use of PS4/XB1 capabilities and getting official commentary (Bumble, Nasser and Warne are a must!) :D

The option for a radar is definitely a must have. Checking the field every ball or 2 gets so annoying, especially in long innings. I can understand some people not wanting it for realism reasons, but really it's not that realistic anyway. On Saturdays it takes me about 2 seconds to assess the field, and I do that during the time I'm not facing up. The beauty of games is that you can skip the boring parts.

Obviously it shouldn't be compulsory, but a toggle would suit everyone. The people who are dead against it could easily turn it off (or even just not turn it on, if off is default). Just because I don't drink coffee, doesn't mean I think they should shut down all cafes.

I think the lack of a radar would not be as much of an issue if the field didn't change every couple of balls.

Most of you guyz would feel surprize to read what i want to see best in the next version of Don Bradman is to add "Real Match Atmosphere" The game has no doubt clear advantages of all the previous cricket games but still that "Hotness" in the match atmosphere which we received way back in BLC 99 is missed in DB Cricket 14... I am not saying that being nostalgic to BLC but geniunely feel it. One best solution to do this is to induct "Real Cricket Match Crowd Sound" in the game according to each country, It's so simple that a "Subcontinent Stadium" should have different crowd sound than an "Australian/Englad Stadium" This realistic crowd sound feature was well present there in BLC 99, After that, no other game could achieve it unfortunately. Also add realistic pitch conditions that should play a part during the course of the game.

Second most important thing is to add some pace to the game its quite slow-paced overall. There should be a different for gamer for a Test Match, ODI & T-20.

Third important thing is definitely do add atleast one professional reknowned commentator if not two.

Finally, Do give advantage to the Batsmen to make the game more realistic. Today world cricket is more about the Batsmen than Bowlers but DB 14 you can't really play good shots at the start every ball goes towards the fielders.. and trust me I ain't that bad player of the game...

Customizable grounds should be cool. The size, grass or sand, matting or turf wicket etc etc.. Other than that i expect a shot which is must, a slog sweep for 6! Or even a normal sweep for 6. That should be a very good shot to attack the offies! Probably real match atmosphere, professional commentators, players speaking during toss or presentation ceremony, a much more detailed post match presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread