Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

This approach is not feasible as developers will have to test for unlimited no. of permutations and combinations, which is unlikely to happen, resulting in plenty of exploits and bugs.
You mean like people cheating with placing fielders outside the circle above the number allowed??

But they can always have a circle which should make it impossible to assign the fielder over.....If you take the miniclip game of table top cricket they have also provided such fielding method of over the top angle...I said this only after looking at the current setup when if a ball is near a fielder it responds regardless of the position it is in, not like Ashes where the fielder just watches the ball...So as far as random field without placements go it will work and its possible for BA guys who have pulled off so many things which we thought wouldnt be possible in the game...

And if the performance on the field of fielders based on the skills and attributes then the variety in setting custom field will become awesome as even WK up to the stumps for Medium pacers becomes a possibility...This will make more and more realistic...

Last edited:
You mean like people cheating with placing fielders outside the circle above the number allowed??

But they can always have a circle which should make it impossible to assign the fielder over.....If you take the miniclip game of table top cricket they have also provided such fielding method of over the top angle...I said this only after looking at the current setup when if a ball is near a fielder it responds regardless of the position it is in, not like Ashes where the fielder just watches the ball...So as far as random field without placements go it will work and its possible for BA guys who have pulled off so many things which we thought wouldnt be possible in the game...

And if the performance on the field of fielders based on the skills and attributes then the variety in setting custom field will become awesome as even WK up to the stumps for Medium pacers becomes a possibility...This will make more and more realistic...

No. I meant someone out there coming out with a field setting which acts as kryptonite for AI batsmen. No developer can test for all the numerous field settings possible where a fielder can be put literally anywhere on the field. So it does stand to reason that there will be some field setting, most probably a weird one which you will never see on a cricket field in real life, which the AI batsmen simply don't know how to handle. I would rather have a fixed no. of field positions and settings with a better AI.

No. I meant someone out there coming out with a field setting which acts as kryptonite for AI batsmen. No developer can test for all the numerous field settings possible where a fielder can be put literally anywhere on the field. So it does stand to reason that there will be some field setting, most probably a weird one which you will never see on a cricket field in real life, which the AI batsmen simply don't know how to handle. I would rather have a fixed no. of field positions and settings with a better AI.
You are right about that but I would expect BA to refresh their batting animations and AI to cope up with innovative ways of field sets, just like a fielder picks up a ball when its near him even when its not supposed to be near them...Similarly AI behaving intelligently to get those runs and move across the crease to score of even good balls...Such an approach to the game would be the best way to move forward in cricket gaming apart from the obvious expected graphics upgradation...

Fully customisable fields are literally the worst possible thing that can be added to a cricket game. It doesn't work, don't do it.

Generally speaking breaks the AI and allows for massive exploits. Much better with a wide variety of balanced pre-set fields.

Though not too wide, as DBC shows.

One thing that should be there (maybe optional) is to set a position, then have a close, medium, far setting to allow for variation of where the player is, this is to allow better pitch variation (bring slips up on slow wickets) and tactical variation - you have a long-off but he might be on the rope, or a little in depending on if you're tempting the big shot or protecting the boundary...

Generally speaking breaks the AI and allows for massive exploits. Much better with a wide variety of balanced pre-set fields.

This. Pretty much sums up my earlier posts.

I don't know if anyone has said this but I'd love more flexibility in the career mode. It would be great if you could use the net training sessions to train yourself up in different disciplines (perhaps even with skill games like fifa). For example you could improve your bowling if you were a batsman so you could actually become a decent part timer without having to rely on the captain randomly selecting you to bowl.
Also it would be nice if you could change your kit throughout the career mode, perhaps earning money though man of the match bonuses?

best cricket game ever and best gameplay and i made sure my each and every frnd had purchased it !! best multiplayer game ...il love to see if u can add tournaments like ipl in which u can buy players on CONTRACT basis and a manager owner of the team and online competitive tournaments ..edges to sixes and bowlers reaction and other player reaction when batsman misses a all this was not seen ..this will bring more life to it ...waiting for sequel would love to see if contract basis online tournament can be created cheers!!

You are right about that but I would expect BA to refresh their batting animations and AI to cope up with innovative ways of field sets, just like a fielder picks up a ball when its near him even when its not supposed to be near them...Similarly AI behaving intelligently to get those runs and move across the crease to score of even good balls...Such an approach to the game would be the best way to move forward in cricket gaming apart from the obvious expected graphics upgradation...

I think this would be possible if Tony Stark would share his J.A.R.V.I.S or if someone in BigAnt code just a rather very intelligent system by themselves in the future. Simply, it would be fair to say we wouldn't be getting this feature too soon.

Whatever BA does with balanced field sets, they need to avoid 1) Having fielders at positions right behind one another. 2) Straight on or anywhere near the sight screen. It is just another exploit. I have one person doing the job of two at straight deep now! 3) Open spaces on the off side while attacking. You need atleast ONE person guarding the off side between mid off and in front of square. I could say the same for leg side. Actually whats up with spinners bowling without mid off, mid on, long on or long off...simply no one straight during domestic games.
These simply open up zero risk areas for scoring.

Last edited:
Ok here's some ideas after playing the game for a while. I don't know if any of these have been mentioned.

- Game Stats for the whole inning not just for your play session or going through bunch of menus.
- Game Stats with strike rate, number of 4s, 6s for each player during the game.
- Man of the Match usually goes to the player who did most of the runs. It has gotten better with updates, but sometimes it still thinks like that with AI who scores the most gets the Man of the Match.
- Allow the user to set the type of technology used in the game/series/or tournament.
- Allow users to see snicko or hot spot in replay mode
- Save Replays both on PC and Consoles have the option to upload to youtube or dailymotion
- World Cup or special tournaments like the Ashes in the Career Mode
- More ranks in Career Mode - getting selected for the World Cup or Ashes team or certain tournaments have some effect on your Career or points that you take in.
- Helping your team win gets your more points depending on the situation
- As new rules of cricket are made with ICC, maybe allow flexibility of certain actions like going over the line does equal a no ball in ODIs or going back to old school gaming rules with the fielders for certain tournaments.
- Need to fix hard shot on the ground with the two triggers, I can't never get it to work as the ball always flies. (It could just be me)
- Allow players to move advance the line when trying to hit but not have single button to do it.
- When getting run out and the bails are already off - have the AI or user take the wricket out of the ground as it were real. Also ball if hits the wrickets multiple times the user can be out if they are off the crease.
- On the non striker end - allow control to the user to leave the crease or not or by how much. Right now, if you hit run by mistake and you can get out really quickly or return really quickly as well.
- Please fix the running of the AIs in the field - its as if they are jogging to the ball and all of a sudden they start running when they reach closer to the ball.
- Ability save in game without having to quit.
- Custom fields with restrictions (have a bubble around the player) so that they don't conflict with each other or Basically open up more spots to place your players. As for the line, make buffer zone so that players are not cheating.

I would swap all that for a good AI...
It is true that the AI could use a bit of refinement. If I could pick one thing for the AI to improve in it would be their willingness to run between the wickets. Their cautious nature is justified in the longer forms of the game, but it would be nice to see them try for more quick singles and twos in limited overs games, especially in twenty20.

Zapages does have some good ideas though. Here's mine, some of which are obvious, but nonetheless I hope they are good ideas. The first one (FC competition points) might be possible to include in patch 3 for the current game;

- More options for awarding points in first class competitions:

- Different options for awarding points for ties as opposed to draws, as most real life leagues award more points for a tie than a draw.

- The option to choose which game outcomes allow first innings lead points to be awarded, as opposed to awarding them either in a draw/loss, or not at all.

- And the ability to replicate, or tweak, the complex 14-15' Sheffield Shield decimal bonus points system.

- It would be nice if there were a couple of separate skills or attributes that directly influence wicket-keeping ability in the game. From what I've seen, there doesn't appear to be any incentive in-game to use the recognized wicket-keeper in your team if a stronger pure batsman is available to use. A possible workaround in the current iteration is to manually nerf the fielding skills (Catching and Agility in particular) of any non-wicket-keeper in the game, but this might be unfair on players who are known to be outstanding fielders but not wicket-keepers.

- The big one and also the obvious one; career mode improvements. As Zapages mentioned, the 50 over World Cup and the World Twenty20, licensed or otherwise, would be fantastic additions to the international level of career mode. An international rankings system for all three formats (Test, ODI, T20I) would also help to give the international matches more meaning.

- The other big improvement would be making the game world in career mode dynamic:

- Have older players eventually retire, and randomly generated rookies enter the game world.

- Have younger players slowly gain skills, with some players improving quicker or for longer than others.

- Have players sometimes change teams; it should only occasionally happen in county and state cricket, but be more common in the Indian and Australian T20 leagues where salary caps are a thing.

- AI players could also have the occasional form peak or slump where their skills temporarily change for better or worse.

- A system where an AI manager picks the starting XI for each match based on skills, form and the match type would be a difficult thing to implement, but would probably be necessary to make this 'dynamic' game world work.

- Said system would replace the current system where you choose your spot in the batting order and stay there for your career, ensuring that you don't accidentally replace a star player and also making you earn your preferred spot in the line-up through continued good performances.

- Second XI's would be a nice touch, and would represent an extra rung on the ladder to climb if starting a player career as a 16 year old. Starting as an older player could come with the bonus of starting in the first XI, but with the chance of getting dropped back down to the second XI if you don't perform.

- A dynamic game world also opens up the possibility of a manager career mode. Depending on team and league you choose to manage in, you'd have to balance finances/salary caps, recruit and sign players, deal with international call-ups, or make international call-ups if you choose to manage a national team...

- Perhaps an optional feature to hide player skills, making the manager rely on statistics and scouting reports to determine who to play in the First XI/who to call up to the national team. The idea in my head is that you get to see the starting skills of any rookies that you sign, but from then on you have to keep an eye on their performances to see how they are progressing.

That's pretty much everything I have to offer right now...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread