Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

It is true that the AI could use a bit of refinement. If I could pick one thing for the AI to improve in it would be their willingness to run between the wickets. Their cautious nature is justified in the longer forms of the game, but it would be nice to see them try for more quick singles and twos in limited overs games, especially in twenty20.

Zapages does have some good ideas though. Here's mine, some of which are obvious, but nonetheless I hope they are good ideas. The first one (FC competition points) might be possible to include in patch 3 for the current game;

- More options for awarding points in first class competitions:

- Different options for awarding points for ties as opposed to draws, as most real life leagues award more points for a tie than a draw.

- The option to choose which game outcomes allow first innings lead points to be awarded, as opposed to awarding them either in a draw/loss, or not at all.

- And the ability to replicate, or tweak, the complex 14-15' Sheffield Shield decimal bonus points system.

- It would be nice if there were a couple of separate skills or attributes that directly influence wicket-keeping ability in the game. From what I've seen, there doesn't appear to be any incentive in-game to use the recognized wicket-keeper in your team if a stronger pure batsman is available to use. A possible workaround in the current iteration is to manually nerf the fielding skills (Catching and Agility in particular) of any non-wicket-keeper in the game, but this might be unfair on players who are known to be outstanding fielders but not wicket-keepers.

- The big one and also the obvious one; career mode improvements. As Zapages mentioned, the 50 over World Cup and the World Twenty20, licensed or otherwise, would be fantastic additions to the international level of career mode. An international rankings system for all three formats (Test, ODI, T20I) would also help to give the international matches more meaning.

- The other big improvement would be making the game world in career mode dynamic:

- Have older players eventually retire, and randomly generated rookies enter the game world.

- Have younger players slowly gain skills, with some players improving quicker or for longer than others.

- Have players sometimes change teams; it should only occasionally happen in county and state cricket, but be more common in the Indian and Australian T20 leagues where salary caps are a thing.

- AI players could also have the occasional form peak or slump where their skills temporarily change for better or worse.

- A system where an AI manager picks the starting XI for each match based on skills, form and the match type would be a difficult thing to implement, but would probably be necessary to make this 'dynamic' game world work.

- Said system would replace the current system where you choose your spot in the batting order and stay there for your career, ensuring that you don't accidentally replace a star player and also making you earn your preferred spot in the line-up through continued good performances.

- Second XI's would be a nice touch, and would represent an extra rung on the ladder to climb if starting a player career as a 16 year old. Starting as an older player could come with the bonus of starting in the first XI, but with the chance of getting dropped back down to the second XI if you don't perform.

- A dynamic game world also opens up the possibility of a manager career mode. Depending on team and league you choose to manage in, you'd have to balance finances/salary caps, recruit and sign players, deal with international call-ups, or make international call-ups if you choose to manage a national team...

- Perhaps an optional feature to hide player skills, making the manager rely on statistics and scouting reports to determine who to play in the First XI/who to call up to the national team. The idea in my head is that you get to see the starting skills of any rookies that you sign, but from then on you have to keep an eye on their performances to see how they are progressing.

That's pretty much everything I have to offer right now...

Those are all good ideas and are what I've said in the past. Yet if the AI is bad then all this would be useless

Not sure if this has been mentioned but...

The "Extras" need sorting ie: more no-balls, wides, leg byes, byes by AI, ridiculous that AI can go though an innings without conceding extras !!
Better AI
Kit Editor
More licensed teams
Licensed umpires

Difficult really to make a list for an already definitive cricket game but general AI & gameplay polishing is probably the most important.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but...

The "Extras" need sorting ie: more no-balls, wides, leg byes, byes by AI, ridiculous that AI can go though an innings without conceding extras !!
Better AI
Kit Editor
More licensed teams
Licensed umpires

Difficult really to make a list for an already definitive cricket game but general AI & gameplay polishing is probably the most important.

Strange one, I don't think I've ever played against the AI without them conceding no-balls or wides!

Agree that byes/leg byes are rarer than rocking horse turd...

Had the odd wides and no balls Blockerdave but as you quoted LOL yes byes and leg byes a tad rare ;)

I would say the lack of leg byes is a physics issue as the ball seems to die when hitting the body or pads. Definitely something that can be improved on.
Yeah the ball natural physics is very good but on any impact either with the fielders, stumps, batsman it just stops no matter at what speed its traveling.....

One thing I think is a must for the next iteration is "Releasing the ball from the hands rather the current version's mid air release"...I would prefer reading the hands for they type of delivery...

1. Player physics must be improved. Some of the shots look really awful.

2. Try to get some licenses, even if not all the players get the signature players atleast. 1 or 2 players per team will do. Atleast it will be a good start. capture their motion while batting, bowling and fielding. It will be the best feature which can be added in next iteration. This Mo-capping of real players has never been introduced in cricket game before!

3. Try to make the graphics much better. Make the stadiums more dynamic, glamorous and colorful. New camera angles.

4. Better career mode. Don't make that boring like this one!

2. Try to get some licenses, even if not all the players get the signature players atleast. 1 or 2 players per team will do. Atleast it will be a good start. capture their motion while batting, bowling and fielding. It will be the best feature which can be added in next iteration. This Mo-capping of real players has never been introduced in cricket game before!

What is this obsession with licences? A license is not going to improve the game and the cost would be far better spent elsewhere. Look at Ashes09, the Australian and England teams were licensed and as a result could not be edited. Complete waste of money.

As far as capturing motions goes though, does the technology exist which could trace video footage and then recreate it as a computer animation? I honestly don't know, but if so could this not be used for animations?

What is this obsession with licences? A license is not going to improve the game and the cost would be far better spent elsewhere. Look at Ashes09, the Australian and England teams were licensed and as a result could not be edited. Complete waste of money.

As far as capturing motions goes though, does the technology exist which could trace video footage and then recreate it as a computer animation? I honestly don't know, but if so could this not be used for animations?

Why do u think people are buying fifa again and again? only because people are too much obsessed with the real players and their motions. If you want to sell the game more then u must have licenses unless you have made an extra ordinary game.

And as far as tracing video footage thing. If it were possible or legal people would have done it by now.

agree the license obsession is ridiculous. an overhaul of the modding system to allow more editing would help, but licenses for licenses sake is nonsense.

as for mo-capping, there are very really few distinctive players - like Malinga, or going back Paul Adams for bowlers... batsmen are generally more similar with some players really standing out on a few shots.

So would you really go to the time and expense of mo-capping e.g Malinga, and because ehe's so distinctive restricting this mo-capped action to a single player in the game? what would be the point?

Because it's a good game, why are people buying Pro Evo again and again when it doesn't have the license? Because it's a good game.

I told before u have to make an extra oridinary game. Pro Evo is a very good game. I agree. But do you really think DBC 14 was that good?
Don't know about DBC 16. But i really hope it to be the best.

. But do you really think DBC 14 was that good?

Yes I do, it has it's faults but is certainly better than EA07 (had a license,all the players looked the same apart from hair colour), the last few Codemasters (had licenses,player names had to be edited for all apart from Eng and Aus, could be mastered in a few hours and had no longevity) releases and Cricket Revolution ( just gash!) to name a few that have been released over the years.

A license is not going to improve the game. Nuff said

Users who are viewing this thread