Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

I would assume all of this has been mentioned before but I would really like to see more customisation of animations. Allow create a player to include batting styles and bowling style - a Lara high backlift, a Gooch upright stance, a McCullum flourish etc. Same for bowling, front on for the seam bowlers and classic side on for the swingers etc.

I also want to see many more shots, with an option for signature shots. Vaughan had his cover drive, Damian Martyn the check drive, AB De Villers the slog scoop (I have no idea what you call that shot...), Lara the one leg pull etc. This could be your go to shot, with the ability to practice and add more to become a full 360 degree player. The more you practice, the more opportunities open up but these are still risky shots. In addition, we obviously need slog sweeps, lap sweeps, square drives, advancing shots along the floor, etc. I'd also like to see more control over how hard you hit the ball - the ability to drop it for a single or try and hammer it through the field would be very welcome. In line with this, more control over placement - I want to be able to cover drive in different areas, not the same line and equally, I want to play shots through the leg side in front of and behind square.

There a lot of other touches I am hoping for. Leg byes for instance, where is clips going down leg and races away. Bowlers following through properly and not being the best fielder on the park. More edges (thick, thin, under and out of control) when you play the wrong line or the wrong shot to different lengths.

Field settings based on how I am planning on bowling would also be nice - set a plan with the captain and the field gets adjusted. For instance, death bowling yorkers - bring up third man and fine leg, send back mid on and mid off. Straight bowling for a LBW candidate - short midwicket comes in to catch or a more aggressive option gives you short leg as well. Short bowling brings a different field. Then, you don't bowl to plan and you leave gaps that can be exploited. An option to fine tune the field will probably be required but having the captain set a field for a plan would feel more immersive that setting a field yourself, imo.

Or, you know, you implement the England tailender plan and watch sixes sail over the leg side boundary...

This started out like another "geTz dhoNis HELICOPTER shOt and AB slOg SwEep" and ended up stating the most important improvements.

Something which I like to see in DBC is ............ The Record table... This is one feature I always liked in EA Cricket 2007 which is missing in DBC.

It is place where you can see all the records like Highest score, highest wicket taker, highest team score, Lowest Team score something like a world record page, In which even AI scores and records are calculated and players can fight to beat this. I would love to see this feature to be added in Career Mode.

Can anyone pass this to Big Ant cos I really want this feature to be added to make the game more interesting.

Oh and another important thing that I havnt seen get mentioned -

Spin bowlers dont really spin the ball at all, this needs to be addressed in the next game.

Oh and another important thing that I havnt seen get mentioned -

Spin bowlers dont really spin the ball at all, this needs to be addressed in the next game.

They do if you look at the replays. It's just that the spinners drift the ball so much that spin doesn't look sufficient enough. Maybe drastically reduced drift is the way to go - after all how many spinners "drift" the ball from leg to off or vice versa?

something i've been giving a bit of thought to:

one of the criticisms a lot of us have made is the lack of feedback, especially when you get out while batting. unless you've slogged it straight down long-off's throat you can often have no idea why you got out. particularly with edges you can feel that you played the same shot repeatedly with no issue and think "why did i edge that one?"

the game has minimal HUD and i like that, but it makes feedback difficult. what occurred to me was this: in the old days in newspaper scorecards, there'd be a little sentence under each batsman about how he got out:

G A Gooch lbw b Alderman 9
Played across the line to a straight one, again!

Something like this in the game scorecard would be a fantastic, non-intrusive way of giving feedback stuff like:

Played forward to one that was too short and chipped return catch to bowler
Played the wrong line and edged to keeper
Played too straight to an outswinger and edged to slip

etc.

thoughts?

one of the criticisms a lot of us have made is the lack of feedback, especially when you get out while batting. unless you've slogged it straight down long-off's throat you can often have no idea why you got out. particularly with edges you can feel that you played the same shot repeatedly with no issue and think "why did i edge that one?"

the game has minimal HUD and i like that, but it makes feedback difficult. what occurred to me was this: in the old days in newspaper scorecards, there'd be a little sentence under each batsman about how he got out:

Something like this in the game scorecard would be a fantastic, non-intrusive way of giving feedback stuff like:

etc.

thoughts?

Like! Might even just be something that pops up in the corner of the cutscene as the batsman walks off the field?

They do if you look at the replays. It's just that the spinners drift the ball so much that spin doesn't look sufficient enough. Maybe drastically reduced drift is the way to go - after all how many spinners "drift" the ball from leg to off or vice versa?

As myself and Blockerdave have highlighted reduced drift is the way to go, I don't have any bowlers set above 4 increments and generally I will set drift at zero. That being said though I feel that turn does need to be increased slightly. I would rather it was exagerrated which then could be decreased to suit.

We still have the issue with left-arm spin bowlers having their stock deliveries the wrong way round. Both of these issues should really have been sorted by now and we shouldn't have to wait for the next iteration.

etc.

thoughts?

I would prefer to have an optional timing & footwork feedback mechanism as part of HUD display. When you play any shot, the HUD displays (if enabled) timing and footwork feedback, i.e., whether timing was "perfect", "good", "ok", "bad" or "very bad" and the same for footwork. The feedback should come up after you've played the shot and remain on screen for a few seconds so you have ample time to view the same.

Really enjoying offline and liking career mode. The only slight niggle is the commentary I have resorted to playing music on my headphones to drown it out.
Michael Slater, Shane Warne, Ian Botham or David Lloyd would be a great addition.

I wish career mode had cash, like salary for each match and then you can use that money to buy better and new bats, pads, helmets etc.
also custom music would be nice because listening to the same track gets boring.

Really enjoying offline and liking career mode. The only slight niggle is the commentary I have resorted to playing music on my headphones to drown it out.
Michael Slater, Shane Warne, Ian Botham or David Lloyd would be a great addition.

Another option is to turn off the commentary and enjoy the in-game sound, which is excellent. It really replicates the FC matches which are generally played in front of sparse crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread