Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

I would prefer to have an optional timing & footwork feedback mechanism as part of HUD display. When you play any shot, the HUD displays (if enabled) timing and footwork feedback, i.e., whether timing was "perfect", "good", "ok", "bad" or "very bad" and the same for footwork. The feedback should come up after you've played the shot and remain on screen for a few seconds so you have ample time to view the same.

Totally agree. Although, this does appear in practice (or tutorial), the same would be beneficial in every other mode.

Totally agree. Although, this does appear in practice (or tutorial), the same would be beneficial in every other mode.

The problem is that my career player doesn't play in practice match and neither do we get to face the bowlers we struggle against in other modes. For example I have tough time facing tall fast bowlers and would love to get feedback in an actual game but I don't have any option as I don't get to select the bowler I want to face in practice match.

The problem is that my career player doesn't play in practice match and neither do we get to face the bowlers we struggle against in other modes. For example I have tough time facing tall fast bowlers and would love to get feedback in an actual game but I don't have any option as I don't get to select the bowler I want to face in practice match.

Yes, and that is exactly what I meant. Something similar on that basis can be done in other modes.

I've posted in this thread about 1000 times but since things are moving and DB16 has been announced (I think)....now that this will be the 2nd iteration, BA have already delivered the 'wow' factor....so the bar will be set high. Yes DB14 is an awesome game but it also has lots of shortcomings eg. fixed roster, lots of little issues ingame, lack of many stadiums, etc etc.

I'd like to see DB cricket really focus on the SP campaign type mode with something similar to NBA2k15 or something. Yes I know BA isn't 2K but see what they did with DB14!!! there's definitely some quality devs at BA (and being ably led by good ole Rosso doesn't hurt aye? Mike Fegan eat your heart out! ;) joke).

Anyway, interesting to see what they come up with. Just for the record, I'd preorder now if I could! lol.

Honestly until there is a team career mode then I don't think this game will reach its potential. Cricket is all about the long term and resting players and currently I feel like we're missing this aspect. Even if its just taking a international team and choosing your side every tour or whatever it would just give the game a more realistic feel so thats what I want for the next iteration.

This could also bring in more stats like most runs in a yea, most wickets in a year and it would just make the game.

I think that a records section is definately something that should be added, high score, team score, partenerships et al. And also for me, the way the stats are presented in game should be changed, and be different for the different formats.

I would like to see the already excellent control system advanced further for those who want to go that bit further....

I think the control system could be adapted very well for making fielding a really enjoyable experience: leaping in the air to catch or stop the ball through controlling timing and direction or sliding at the right moment etcetera or performing tandem throws etc....

In bowling it would be really great if the speed in which we flicked the buttons had a tangible effent on the release of the ball or how hard we banged our foot down....all having an effect on fatigue of course.....also being able to dictate through the controls how the ball comes out of the hand, especially for spin bowling this would be great, being able to give the ball a real tweak or flick of the wrist.....timing and skill being of import

In batting it would be great if we could move about the crease more freely and however and whenever we wish, evening doing a spot of gardening or going for a chat with our batting partner.....what I would really find brilliant and havent really thought it through yet is using the controls to control the bat angle, rolling the wrists on the pull shot to try and keep it down, or to play with soft hands, or to really have to use skill and judgement to place the shot through rolling the wrists or turning the bat on its axes......

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see the already excellent control system advanced further for those who want to go that bit further....

I think the control system could be adapted very well for making fielding a really enjoyable experience: leaping in the air to catch or stop the ball through controlling timing and direction or sliding at the right moment etcetera or performing tandem throws etc....

In bowling it would be really great if the speed in which we flicked the buttons had a tangible effent on the release of the ball or how hard we banged our foot down....all having an effect on fatigue of course.....also being able to dictate through the controls how the ball comes out of the hand, especially for spin bowling this would be great, being able to give the ball a real tweak or flick of the wrist.....timing and skill being of import

In batting it would be great if we could move about the crease more freely and however and whenever we wish, evening doing a spot of gardening or going for a chat with our batting partner.....what I would really find brilliant and havent really thought it through yet is using the controls to control the bat angle, rolling the wrists on the pull shot to try and keep it down, or to play with soft hands, or to really have to use skill and judgement to place the shot through rolling the wrists or turning the bat on its axes......

I was thinking about the bowling controls last night, strangely enough while strolling around my local supermarket! I think the current controls are great and was thinking along the same lines as you Dutch regarding the speed the stick was pushed forward. I would also add being able to change the angle of delivery for spinners in the same way we can for the seamers.

I feel that bowling accuracy needs to be added as it is far too easy to put the ball where you want no matter how good or bad the bowler is. There should also be more of a consequence for over-bowling bowlers. At the moment they only lose pace. If accuracy was added they should also lose this as they become tired. Add to this minor injuries such as muscle strains or heat exhaustion which could either reduce a bowlers efficiency or take them out of the match completely, and you would really have to manage your bowlers as part of the game.

Love to see on-demand variation hawkeye, so you can see what if the ball hadn't swung/spun, and the line it actually took.

Love to see on-demand variation hawkeye, so you can see what if the ball hadn't swung/spun, and the line it actually took.
Would make the game more addictive and analyzing as to what needs to be done or what went wrong there, stuffs like that..This along with commentary on how the batsman should have played the shot and things to make him better at batting approach will make it even more awesome...

Would make the game more addictive and analyzing as to what needs to be done or what went wrong there, stuffs like that..This along with commentary on how the batsman should have played the shot and things to make him better at batting approach will make it even more awesome...

Would be nice, but at the moment, even the ball trajectory is often glitched/wrong so getting that spot on would be a start!

For me, I would like to see more focus on precision bowling, where one can focus on bowling on a length which leads to a mind-frame of uncertainty from a batsman's point of view - it's just practically non-existent in this game. As a batsman when facing such bowling, I would like to see the ability to change from front to back foot very quickly depending on what shot I think would be appropriate, including leaving the ball at the very last second if I see fit.

Conditions, e.g. cloudy, new ball would have a greater influence on whether the bowler can induce an edge or bowl wicket-threatening deliveries. Also, I would like to see the capability of a batsman to 'prod' at the ball when undergoing a great spell by the bowler, not merely just front/back foot defense; hopefully this may result in a more interesting duel between batsman and bowler.

Finally, it would be nice to see the seam of the ball having a greater effect on the delivery. As it is being bowled or once released, it would be nice to see it and have a clear influence of impact upon landing (can be covered up by the bowler to hide it from the batsman to provide a bit of mystery).

For me, I would like to see more focus on precision bowling, where one can focus on bowling on a length which leads to a mind-frame of uncertainty from a batsman's point of view - it's just practically non-existent in this game. As a batsman when facing such bowling, I would like to see the ability to change from front to back foot very quickly depending on what shot I think would be appropriate, including leaving the ball at the very last second if I see fit.

This is a good point, there needs to be a length where the batsman is not sure whether to go forward or back, as you quite rightly say this does not currently exist.

Conditions, e.g. cloudy, new ball would have a greater influence on whether the bowler can induce an edge or bowl wicket-threatening deliveries. Also, I would like to see the capability of a batsman to 'prod' at the ball when undergoing a great spell by the bowler, not merely just front/back foot defense; hopefully this may result in a more interesting duel between batsman and bowler.

Finally, it would be nice to see the seam of the ball having a greater effect on the delivery. As it is being bowled or once released, it would be nice to see it and have a clear influence of impact upon landing (can be covered up by the bowler to hide it from the batsman to provide a bit of mystery).

I disagree with your first sentence due to the fact that cloudy conditions do bring about far more edges, as do green wickets.

I really like your prod idea, it should be linked to confidence, so low confidence should result in less confident blocks. Confidence should fluctuate far more than it does. The way the game is at the moment if a batsman's confidence is high it is almost impossible to bring in down by a large amount. Factors such as play and misses,dot balls and maidens should have a greater effect than they do currently.

Again regarding the ball seaming, this also exists, I see plenty of seam movement especially with the new ball from both seam up and swinging deliveries.

How would be Cricket Ultimate Team for DBC 16?

Love these ideas, maybe if we could add more teams that are playable in career mode with different tiers.

For example:

Tier 1 (lowest): Club teams (eg Sydney club teams etc). 2 day games (80 overs each day)
Tier 2 T20 teams (Big Bash, IPL, Caribbean T20, English T20)
Tier 3 First Class teams: NSW, English County, Indian, WI, PAK, ZIM, NZ first class teams.
Tier 4 International teams: Test playing nations, and B-Internationals (Scotland, Ireland, USA, Italy etc).

- Would love the idea of a stadium creator in the academy. Determine what type of weather conditions and pitch types (eg Indian Hot and spin friendly or Australian, Bouncy pitches). Would really get the feel of going on a tour in different countries (like cricket 04).

- Commentary needs work too. David Basheer bores me as a football commentator so you can imagine how I feel when I listen to him commentating cricket!

- Field settings by the AI still needs work, especially when playing a 4 day game or a test match. Defensive fielding from the first ball doesn't feel right.

Apart from that i'm really happy playing this game as it is. Love the academy so much! Adds so much more to the game!
Thoughts?

The addition of two more tiers in career mode would be awesome.

Going Club --> Rep ---> State ---> Country seems to be the best bet but honestly if a stadium creator could make it into DBC1X that'd just add to the depth you could go with career mode, I loved BigAnts approach of letting the fans dictate the depth of the game and the stadium creator seems like the next logical step in that thought process.

Getting that bat and ball balance is an ongoing challenge that will never be perfected but obviously you'd hope the next iteration is even better in regards to that.

A more in depth control system would be lovely. As long as it corresponded with some upgrades to the physics (if you call it that) system to allow for bat pads, more consistent edges, more variation from the hand, ect.

Player animations are nice but it would be lovely to see an upgrade there, especially with how the wicket keeper fields the ball.

DBC14 is such an awesome base to launch this franchise even higher and I imagine the next iteration will be focused on ironing out those small details which will inevitably add up to create another awesome cricket game.

Users who are viewing this thread