Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Seen a lot of negativity/unconstructive criticism lately, so I thought I'd make a thread about what people like about DBC 14 and what you would like to see/improve for the next game. (I know a thread like this already exists but I thought it might be helpful to see what people also enjoy about DBC). Just one point per post would be ideal.

Enjoy: The various tactics/strategies that are available to get wickets online depending on opponents strengths/weaknesses. E.g. If people have trouble with the away swinging delivery, I usually bowl 3/4 per over and then set them up by bowling a vicious in-swinging delivery which they don't expect ;)

Improve: I would like to see more defensive play from the batsman, i.e. I would like bat-pad to play a significant part of playing a spinner and therefore be a mode of dismissal.

There are plenty of areas where DBC can improve upon and I'm sure @BigAntStudios will do the needful regarding those in DBC16.
But right now I would really love to see them releasing a patch which makes bowling more rewarding in Veteran difficulty and above. Also, they should aim to make the AI play proper ground shots instead of trigger shots. Maybe they'll will release some beta patches soon regarding these. Fingers crossed!

Enjoy: Batting is certainly the most rewarding in any cricket game, you feel that you have earned it when playing on higher difficulties that's something no other cricket game before got right or even close to this. Also the Cricket Academy is revolutionary, i would even say that almost all the well known cricketers apart from may be the very old times are almost all there thanks to BA and the community, something that other games couldn't match up even with mods and tinkering. Also the sense of being in there as a player rather than as a viewer in all aspects of the game is something you can feel with this game that's really unique.

Improve: more fleshed out modes especially career, more stadiums, better AI batting etc. nothing new that wouldn't have been covered here

Enjoy everything

I would like to select a country and play something like country career mode. Players should get retired, injured, opt out, new players can come in and should play with the same country in different tournaments,should have targets to meet every year.
Make bowling equally rewarding, improve gameplay,
Have contract system in career mode, team management expectation when you go out to bat or bowl. . Etc will make the gameplay more cool.

Enjoy: The gameplay is along the right lines; compared to previous games its 10 times better. The career mode has the basics of something that could be genuinely great if improved in the right ways. Co-op online is rather good if you are playing right with the right people - even though I'm terrible at finishing games as @funnyadit can tell you. Basically, it created a great foundation for future improvements, and that's very good.

Improvements: In terms of gameplay; everything could be improved in some respects. While bowling especially; there are nowhere near enough edges and most wickets in my experience come from chips to mid off and lbws/bowled from big swinging deliveries that the AI completely miss (this is on skilled players as they should be, rather than the ones that are being recommended in the AI improvements sticky thread). In terms of features; fleshing out career mode (adding in player retirements and regens, dynamic lineups plus parallels to the ICC competitions (without the licence you could also add a World Test Championship ;)) would be a great start, I'd also add a level below county/state level as the starting one), and also adding in a team career mode would be interesting if done right. Broadly, the foundations for a great game are definitely there, rather than reinventing the wheel again they need to be fleshed out to provide a vey deep game

Major feature needed is to move wicket keeper behind the stumps. if attack then keeper will come up to stumps etc.

Enjoy: Batting for sure, feels rewarding apart from a few tweak issues...Animations for a few shots are really beautiful to watch, thanks to interactive replay and slow-mo, I can watch that how many times ever....Would love addition of saving the replay delivery as a file in click of a button...And as far as bowling is concerned, I really like that too but the game doesnt make you feel rewarded, but the bowling action and the use of bowling crease to bowl wider and closer to the stumps is really cool...Career mode love that...

Improvements: Scope of improvement is in every department, various options, stadiums, different stuffs to work on in the academy and GAMEPLAY AI [its good now but can be made more realistic and rewarding for sure], Animations [especially the advance down the wicket animation] and 2-3 variety in bowling animations for each category of bowling etc...Career mode modifications like player doesnt get to decide his place, fields set by captain and you have to bowl accordingly etc....Challenging gameplay...Most of all inside edges for boundaries or bowled, realistic looking Bat-pad, fielders slide and pass ,mainly release from the bowlers hand to read the variation from etc..

Playing a casual match using Blocker's teams and noticed way too many shot getting graphical edges which is really something that needs to be looked at..Try minimizing those in the next version please...Its really upsetting when you execute a good ball and I appeal looking at the ball at real time but no edge sound [as expected]....Pics showing some of the many instances...Same shot when they are meant to hit for boundary its fine but when they miss it goes through the bat...

2015-07-13_00001.jpg 2015-07-13_00002.jpg 2015-07-13_00006.jpg 2015-07-13_00007.jpg 2015-07-13_00008.jpg 2015-07-13_00009.jpg 2015-07-13_00010.jpg 2015-07-13_00011.jpg 2015-07-13_00012.jpg2015-07-12_00001.jpg

He wants:

- Team career mode rather than only being able to play a player career

- An overall rating for a player

- Spinners being able to spin the ball more

- Improves bounce of the ball for bowlers so it carries to the keeper more often

- Reduced ability of fielders so quick singles off of nudges can be taken

- An improvement/deterioration of other players abilities depending on performance, age, etc in player career mode instead of how it currently is where only your career mode player improves or declines in ability and everyone else stays the same.

- An ability to earn skill points that one can actively choose to add to whatever category he pleases in career mode.

- More stadiums

- Improved textures

- Different bowling actions for different players. To add more depth to this, Malinga having a slingy action, Sohail Tanvir having a wrong footed action, etc. If not this, at least generically making a 'one for all' slingy action to give to any bowler with a slightly slingly action as was done in Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 and further versions. Similarly spinners with a slight jerk in their actions all having the same 'jerky' action (Saeed Ajmal, Mohammed Hafeez, Sunil Narine, etc).

- Differing batting styles. To add to this again, Alistair Cook having a big trigger movement as the bowler runs up, Virat Kohli, Jos Butler and others predominantly using their wrists to play most shots, etc. Maybe even have players like AB De Villiers having more shots available to him compared to other less innovative players. Like the reverse paddle which he can even hit for six against very fast bowlers, a shot I've seen only very few players be able to pull off (Glenn Maxwell did it too I think).

- Wicket keepers to be less idiotic

- The AI to bat completely differently in say a T20 compared to a Test. This would imply batsmen premeditating lofted shots regardless of delivery type, on occasion potentially attempting reverse sweeps, etc in T20s and at the end of ODIs. Just generally being far far more proactive and prepared to be unusually aggressive than they would in Tests. Only happens to an extent currently and really could be improved on.

- Commentary to improve

- The career mode logic in terms of selection to improve. If your own career player gets into the England team, don't drop Alistair Cook for example, it would be more logical to drop Adam Lyth, an unproven opener with far less experience and ability compared to Cook. Or even better would be the AI deciding to drop your career player down the order initially temporarily or permanently because say the current openers are performing too well and drop some other under performing player like Ian Bell.

I hope this allowed you to fully understand the points Sahood tried to make.

Note that I missed some points out that I didn't fully understand.

He wants:

- Team career mode rather than only being able to play a player career

- An overall rating for a player

- Spinners being able to spin the ball more

- Improves bounce of the ball for bowlers so it carries to the keeper more often

- Reduced ability of fielders so quick singles off of nudges can be taken

- An improvement/deterioration of other players abilities depending on performance, age, etc in player career mode instead of how it currently is where only your career mode player improves or declines in ability and everyone else stays the same.

- An ability to earn skill points that one can actively choose to add to whatever category he pleases in career mode.

- More stadiums

- Improved textures

- Different bowling actions for different players. To add more depth to this, Malinga having a slingy action, Sohail Tanvir having a wrong footed action, etc. If not this, at least generically making a 'one for all' slingy action to give to any bowler with a slightly slingly action as was done in Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 and further versions. Similarly spinners with a slight jerk in their actions all having the same 'jerky' action (Saeed Ajmal, Mohammed Hafeez, Sunil Narine, etc).

- Differing batting styles. To add to this again, Alistair Cook having a big trigger movement as the bowler runs up, Virat Kohli, Jos Butler and others predominantly using their wrists to play most shots, etc. Maybe even have players like AB De Villiers having more shots available to him compared to other less innovative players. Like the reverse paddle which he can even hit for six against very fast bowlers, a shot I've seen only very few players be able to pull off (Glenn Maxwell did it too I think).

- Wicket keepers to be less idiotic

- The AI to bat completely differently in say a T20 compared to a Test. This would imply batsmen premeditating lofted shots regardless of delivery type, on occasion potentially attempting reverse sweeps, etc in T20s and at the end of ODIs. Just generally being far far more proactive and prepared to be unusually aggressive than they would in Tests. Only happens to an extent currently and really could be improved on.

- Commentary to improve

- The career mode logic in terms of selection to improve. If your own career player gets into the England team, don't drop Alistair Cook for example, it would be more logical to drop Adam Lyth, an unproven opener with far less experience and ability compared to Cook. Or even better would be the AI deciding to drop your career player down the order initially temporarily or permanently because say the current openers are performing too well and drop some other under performing player like Ian Bell.

I hope this allowed you to fully understand the points Sahood tried to make.

Note that I missed some points out that I didn't fully understand.

-AI too aggressive in tests

-More variation in length of a delivery

-(career) not be selected all the time (tiredness should be added)

-better field settings

-If i play a game, and i bat at number 3, but the player at number 3 is really good, they should be dropped down to bat at number 4 or me

i think these changes would make this game so good

p.s thankyou for clearing up my rage

Users who are viewing this thread