Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

As their base gameplay is in place they can actually have different sets of animations maybe slightly varied for the nature of the batsman...

Yeah but I'd like to be able to take that further so that the animations were assigned individually as opposed to their type. This way you could have for example 2 batsmen who are aggressive but batsman 1 would have a different looking on-drive to batsman 2.

It's not just the shot animations I'd like to see a choice of. Batting stance, backlift and short ball evasion for want of a better term are another three that would help to create some individuality.

I'm surprised at the amount of people who feel that they need to premeditate against pace. My approach is to expect to play on the front foot and I seem to have no problem reacting to anything short which I usually attempt to pull if straight/legside or leave if wide of off. When I play in my career it's as a tailender and I generally leave or block and pick off the short ball. It can get a bit boring but it works.

I still think for the average person it shouldn't be so hard to pre-meditate. Especially on Veteran mode, I can play the ball on it's merit to pace bowlers to a very very small extent but even then I never time anything if I try this.

In any case, the point also is that there is no point playing the ball on its merit against pace bowlers. One can be vastly more successful choosing one shot before the bowler bowls. Certain shots like the clip to legside, ramp over third man, back and front foot lofted drive, cut shot (which I only play when right hand bowlers bowl around the wicket to right hand batsmen and vice verse) , etc are very high percentage shots despite fully pre-meditating them.

This... how many real life cricketers play "every" shot? You've got to have scoring areas and leave some.

In this day and age, most international crickets in ODIs and T20s need to have a lot of the shots in the bank. In the first 10 overs of ODIs and 6 overs of T20s, there are so many gaps that they simply have an aggressive mindset and hit the ball according to where it pitches. In the middle overs of limited overs matches, I can think of third man, fine leg, square leg, mid on, mid off, cover being areas where batsmen score singles from. If the ball is in the slot for them, they can decide to go over extra cover, deep midwicket, etc for boundaries. That's almost the whole field covered. Look at player wagon wheels on ODIs and T20s on cricinfo and most longish innings' batsmen play will have shots to most parts of the ground.

Yeah but I'd like to be able to take that further so that the animations were assigned individually as opposed to their type. This way you could have for example 2 batsmen who are aggressive but batsman 1 would have a different looking on-drive to batsman 2.

It's not just the shot animations I'd like to see a choice of. Batting stance, backlift and short ball evasion for want of a better term are another three that would help to create some individuality.
That would be really good, so timing also becomes crucial for scoring boundaries if batsman have these type of variation..Approach to the game will be more challenging...

Another addition I would like is inclusion of speed for spin, it would increase the variety to use spinner in a better way but the range should be more like 75-100kmph otherwise if its lower than that then exploit will become a possibility...Addition to that Shane Watson's pull shot against spinner for shorter balls will be the way to go to punish those who bowl them online...There should be different set of animations for against spinners and pace, they can have many of the animations like cover drive,leg glance and other related shots common and shots like pull, cut square drive should be different as for spinners you need to bend a bit more for such shots in animation...

I'd like to see an evasion feature added for dodging the short ball. Ideally it would have a timing window split into 3 parts: Early, late and very late.
Early would trigger a duck animation, while late would trigger an animation such in the first example.

:
images

While the animation for very late could be something like this:
images

Or this:
1433360532975.jpg

I think a system like this would really add to the game and the evasion feature could also be used while at the non-strikers end as a batsman to jump over/ move out of the way of any balls hit in your direction by your batting partner.

If DBC 16 runs good on low end pc too... Then it will be great benefits for other gamers who uses low end pc..
This is the best cricket game ever made in the world..
I hope everybody should enjoy it well.
And if you make a mobile version for Android or ios.. Then also a great addition

If DBC 16 runs good on low end pc too... Then it will be great benefits for other gamers who uses low end pc..
This is the best cricket game ever made in the world..
I hope everybody should enjoy it well.
And if you make a mobile version for Android or ios.. Then also a great addition

A mobile version? Yea let everyone download a 5gb game that will have like half the features...

A mobile "version" wouldn't work.

It needs to be a totally different game to work on mobile.

Now that we have played on the latest and greatest patch on the PC and 1.2x could be the last patch.
We need a 'sticky' thread and list the TOP 10 features that the community wants Big Ant to work on for the next version of the game.

The top 10 features will always be in the first post and we can refine that list as we go ahead.
It would be easier to track. Here we have lost of ideas but its all difficult to find.

What do you guys think?

Now that we have played on the latest and greatest patch on the PC and 1.2x could be the last patch.
We need a 'sticky' thread and list the TOP 10 features that the community wants Big Ant to work on for the next version of the game.

The top 10 features will always be in the first post and we can refine that list as we go ahead.
It would be easier to track. Here we have lost of ideas but its all difficult to find.

What do you guys think?
Ross will do this when they feel that its time the community gets involved in the game...We already have stated so many things till now in this thread, so as of now the patch works should finish up and submission should go on smoothly and reach all the other consoles as well and then reviews about the patch etc...

Users who are viewing this thread