Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Somewhere before Ross had told that he was inspired from MLB game. Here are some screenshots from MLB 15 the show. I hope you have already seen this game. This game looks pretty well furnished. Players physics,graphics, animations, stadium atmosphere looks amazing. It feels like i am watching a baseball game on tv. I hope DBC 16 will also feel the same.

1. After getting hit by a ball

2.Dug out

3.in the middle of the match coach is discussing with keeper and captain

Attachments

• mlb.PNG
    mlb.PNG
    58.3 KB · Views: 127
  • asdw.PNG
    asdw.PNG
    86.8 KB · Views: 141
  • vjhv.PNG
    vjhv.PNG
    91.8 KB · Views: 114
with RLL3 having the auckland 9s, and the new rugby challenge game having 7s, wouldn't it be great if the next DBC had a double-wicket competition mode: especially since they more or less have that as "indoor rules" for TTC.

A new camera for playing as a wicket-keeper in career mode would be ideal as the current one is extremely inconvenient for spotting thin edges and LBWs due to the angling of the camera. The view you get from holding down L2/LT to view the field is perfect.

I'd still like to be able to defend without using the trigger, perhaps just be pulling down on the ras. Would make it much easier to defend re-actively which would take a lot of the premeditation out of batting, for me.

with RLL3 having the auckland 9s, and the new rugby challenge game having 7s, wouldn't it be great if the next DBC had a double-wicket competition mode: especially since they more or less have that as "indoor rules" for TTC.

IMO, one of the best suggestions I've seen yet. ...and you could accomplish it easily. Be amazing to have a full-on "Indoor Cricket" mode, you could use whatever area you have set up for the "nets" already just expand it so it can hold players. You could come up with some really cool 'fan-made' modes of indoor cricket as well, much like we've created already with the Super Test format. As an aside, a lot of national indoor cricket teams operate separately from their national bodies so you could even get a few officially licensed teams on board, real names and kits to sweeten the deal. Since the Academy already allows multiple rosters for different formats you're just creating a sub-set anyway and I could some great online match-play coming out of the indoor cricket modes.

...I'd even go so far as to say you could look at Beach Cricket rules as well, all that would require would be slightly tweaked ground physics and a new arena to play in, rest you could have it set up however you liked.

These are the sorts of things that would be cool as 'unlockables' to earn in career mode. Expanding that from Junior Cricket, to Grade Cricket up to playing for National Indoor sides, Beach cricket and so on to be unlocked in career as you progress.

One thing I'm curious about is whether or not they'll continue with the "Don Bradman" Moniker for the sequel. I know the initial concept was to "Madden" their cricket license so perhaps shortening it to "Bradman Cricket 16" and sticking different people on regional covers as they've discussed in the past will be the direction they go in, or whether they'll move away from "Bradman" himself and look at regional licensing for the UK/Australian markets...

Double Wicket was one of the best modes in a cricket game ever for me - simple, but lots of depth. Picking the players becomes a game in itself, balancing bowling and batting - I loved it. Should be very easy to implement.

Beach Cricket and Indoor Cricket might be a bit tougher - balancing the various surfaces and playing areas with AI might be tricky.

I think the big problem with licensing is balancing it with the moddability - If you are officially saying that a big player/team/stadium is licensed, then they won't want people to be able to edit them. The more licensing, the less you will be able to do with the Academy. I think it's an "either/or" situation with no solution in the middle.
Which leaves me thinking that actually the "Bradman" or a similar license with a past cricketer is probably the best overall solution (although Bradman, I maintain, gives you nothing in the UK, which should be the biggest market).

Beach Cricket and Indoor Cricket might be a bit tougher - balancing the various surfaces and playing areas with AI might be tricky.

I think that's where you'd lean on the fantasy vs reality angle though. You might have a "massive beach" style stadium where the physics are only slightly tweaked so it's still playable. Same for indoor?

Yeah, I kinda like that. Just so long as it was kept well separate it could work. We had a brilliant mode going into a football game once where you could play with the gravity, so there was the option to play on the moon. Took a LOT of getting used to, and sadly I think it was cut from the game in the end. :(

Imagine catching the seam on a crater... Or waiting for a catch to come down....... : and remember on the moon it's ALWAYS a dustbowl. :)

I'm assuming that RLL is wrapping/wrapped up now and so it's probably a good time to be throwing in ideas for next Cricket, assuming that's what will be ramping up next.

Oh yeah, that's a given. I just think taking an occasional flight of fancy keeps things entertaining.

Given all the fun they're having over at the Rugby forum, was just mixing things up. :)

Oh yeah, that's a given. I just think taking an occasional flight of fancy keeps things entertaining.

Given all the fun they're having over at the Rugby forum, was just mixing things up. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love an indoor cricket mode but would just want to see the proper format sorted first.

Well when I mentioned double wicket I was thinking outside along the lines of the double wicket competitions you used to get in the 70s and 80s though the rules would be as per TTC indoor rules

Don't get me wrong, I'd love an indoor cricket mode but would just want to see the proper format sorted first.

Totally agree, I will third this. However; I think for longevity and plain ol' fun having some unlockable stuff or fun game modes (like bobbleheads) would be great fun. There's not nearly enough of the lighter-side in sports games and if there's ANY sport that leads itself naturally to a bit of fun and comedy at times, it's cricket.

Last edited:
Training/tutorials is where I feel you could do a lot of fun stuff.

I loved the mini-challenges in Tiger Woods where it was basically target practise - I had a rip-off of that planned at one stage with batters in greenhouses and bowlers spinning it round walls or hurling it into things/knocking over stuff.

That's where that sort of thing belongs for me - in a totally separate game-mode.

Training/tutorials is where I feel you could do a lot of fun stuff.

I loved the mini-challenges in Tiger Woods where it was basically target practise - I had a rip-off of that planned at one stage with batters in greenhouses and bowlers spinning it round walls or hurling it into things/knocking over stuff.

That's where that sort of thing belongs for me - in a totally separate game-mode.

TBH I was sort of surprised that there weren't any tutorials or minigames to address the steep learning curve. After the "nets santa" thingy Big Ant came with before the game was released, I thought there would be a few innovative minigames or drills. Cricket lends easily to these fun games as well with "break the glass window" or "bring down the hoarding" while batting or "hit the bowling pin on the pitch" while bowling etc. There are just so many possibilities and hopefully Big Ant will add the fun tutorial & mini-game stuff in the next iteration of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread