Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Feature Request for Test Matches...

Any way you could arrange things to have different play lengths on different days? I wanted to experiment with the idea of having a Friday-Saturday-Sunday test match, with Friday being a 90-over day, and Saturday and Sunday being 180-over days. (the idea is to test out the possibility of a floodlit cricket test match, in a way that would keep the same number of overs, but cut the time being kept...basically, a way to resurrect the World Test Championship, and allow it to be scheduled between matches of the County Championships)

How about the chance of being dropped in the deep? I have NEVER been dropped in the outfield in any match type.

Also to the people moaning at others for requesting things like batting timers or pitch markers and things, that's what the option of 'on' and 'off' were made for.
I can completely agree with people who want to enjoy a game at there own pace and not be left with a headache afterwards.
At least if we had the option everyone would be happy. I always like to play games at a level that's comfortable for me as a gamer. My biggest problem with the game is you are told what level you have to start career at. I completely understand that big ant wanted to make this game very challenging, but there are people that might want to play a few overs of cricket after a busy day without wanting to throw the pad at the tv because you've been caught ONCE AGAIN edging to the keeper off a spinner!!!

I completely agree with this. We go home and want to play a game to have some relaxed time. Not getting into a tension again on concentrating on line and length of AI bowlers. May be they can provide an option to start a career at Amateur level without being any xp's awarded.

Last edited:
various tournaments like world cup, champions league, ipl with the schedule close to real life tournaments. eg group formation, rules etc.
i want it, i want it, i want it.

I want sniper rifles in the next iteration.

I'm going to make that umpire pay for giving me LBW. The ball was missing off stump until I got an inside edge ...

*edit* What I'd really like to see (in addition to feedback on the batting at pro level and below, i.e. timing and stick inputs that go into me continually edging onto the stumps) is the ability to change the controller sensitivity. As things stand, the inputs trigger the second they come off zero. For me, this means I often play shots other than the one I actually wanted - at least that's what it seems like. It's possible that something else is happening?

Last edited:
I would like to see more on screen stats if possible in future versions , not just when you walk on to bat or come into bowl but also from time to time while batting/bowling. Possibly showing your career stats one time and your season/series stats another ad well as your match stats/figures. Also it would be nice if the stats shown are more indicative of the format bein played as seen on tv.

Music when you hit boundaries, take wickets, come out to bat etc...And possibly the ability to put your own music into the game like FIFA.

Mix up the cut scenes in between overs, so instead of the view of the ground perhaps a shot of the two batsmen meeting in the middle of the crease.

Music when you hit boundaries, take wickets, come out to bat etc...And possibly the ability to put your own music into the game like FIFA.

Mix up the cut scenes in between overs, so instead of the view of the ground perhaps a shot of the two batsmen meeting in the middle of the crease.

I reckon the music would be cool in 20/20 cricket.

Ipl/bbl 20/20 auction of player's

----------

Ipl/bbl 20/20 auction of player's

If this be's done sooner or later which i doubt will ever,but if it ever does :eek:

I want a plethora of stats. Career mode should let me see which bowlers has dismissed me the most, which ground I score the most, the team I average most against, the area where I score majority of my runs. You get the general idea.
I want the option of choosing different camera angles for my career player on and off strike.
More shots such as paddle sweep and slog sweep.

This is probably been mentioned by people before but the growth and change of players in career along with form dips and highs.

I thought PES had a very good system for it years ago.

When you created a player you gave them a choice of their "Growth Type":

• Early Peak - Fast growth when young, enabling a short time span to reach his peak
  • Early/Lasting - Long peak compared to the fast growth option
  • Standard - The player's growth time span and age of reaching his peak is the average
  • Standard/Lasting - Longer peak compared to the normal option
  • Late peak - Slow growth while young, resulting in a long time for players to reach their peak
  • Late/Lasting - Long time to reach and sustain their peak

The attributes would then grow along the "worm" to an extent. On PES performing well would see you rise above it. Playing poorly/not playing would see a player fall below it.

The Worm

Another part I thought they they also got right was form. A player will change in form and as such his abilities will change (not permanently). They best way to illustrate that is with this image. The AI then will pick the best team based on a combination of where a players is in their growth (their "true" ability) and on their form (their present moment ability). In that image the right pointing green neutral arrow isn't there. Which is "no impact"

Once a player retired they came back as a 17 year old starting at the beginning of their growth.

Whist, of course, Big Ant cant just pull these ideas and use them I think something similar would be great to see down the line.

I would like to see more on screen stats if possible in future versions , not just when you walk on to bat or come into bowl but also from time to time while batting/bowling. Possibly showing your career stats one time and your season/series stats another ad well as your match stats/figures. Also it would be nice if the stats shown are more indicative of the format bein played as seen on tv.

Adding to that, i would love to see ingame stats like Partnerships graphs, manhattan, WASP, Wagon wheel at given time for specific player or overall team. Worm graph team comparisons, bowling figures to include maidens.

Adding to that, i would love to see ingame stats like Partnerships graphs, manhattan, WASP, Wagon wheel at given time for specific player or overall team. Worm graph team comparisons, bowling figures to include maidens.

Sorry but what's WASP? Never heard of it before.

Sorry but what's WASP? Never heard of it before.

Win And Score Prediction. When batting 1st it calculated what score you should get, and when batting 2nd it gives a percentage prediction of whether you will win.

Users who are viewing this thread