Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

I don't know when exactly this happened, but somewhere along the line I have become absolutely useless against spinners. It is as if now, error = faint edge....everytime single time.

Anyway, this got me thinking of things that might aid the player. A graphic showing timing and stick imputs as an after-shot-feedback would obviously be the first thing.

Another thing: how about making the coloured circle around the ball rotate in the direction the ball is rotating. I have in my mind something that would basically look like the circle that currently rotates in the bottom corner when a game is auto saving.

If one is clever, there can also be ways to show top spinners, flippers etc by having the rotating motion happening on both sides and converging either at the top or the bottom of the circle.

Some people are asking for more spin, but I think it is currently a "be carefull what you ask for" situation. The input requirement for batting is quite early,so being able to read the spin early would be cool.

Going through such a phase myself. Any drive in front of the wkt ends up in an edge to the wkt keeper. I can only get away sweeps and reverse sweeps at the moment, and when AI puts in point and square leg, it's curtains for me :( Can't get a handle on timing against spinners and I can't even figure out if I'm playing my shots early or late.

You are playing the ball too early give it time to come to your bat. I play all kind of shots to spinner without losing wickets, key is to play late.

I love to play cut and smash it to the boundary milking most of my runs from cover and point against spinner.

Okay agreed - but at least some indication to judge the length before the bowler releases the ball and not while the ball is released. Shot placements, we will do that by keeping eyes on ball.

i think that would be a really good solution... not too early, in the last few strides of delivery, just have the red/green/yellow circle start around the ball, you still have time to pick the shot once you've judged line, it would be really good and doesn't compromise the "watch the ball" principle.

I like the idea for future versions of getting sponsorship deals, I don't know how much it would cost BA to get real companies involved. You could start by choosing one of the generic brands, but when you get sponsored it could improve your skills marginally perhaps too. From experience I can say having a high quality bat makes a big difference to performance.

The ideal career mode for me will be similar to Topspin, with training sessions and coaching is incorporated within the career. Also sponsors and contract in game gives you sense of achievement. The ultimate will be playing for your nation with certain strength.

You are playing the ball too early give it time to come to your bat. I play all kind of shots to spinner without losing wickets, key is to play late.

I love to play cut and smash it to the boundary milking most of my runs from cover and point against spinner.

How can you play cut to spinners? Playing cut against spinners is asking for a death wish and you will end up edging the ball to wkt keeper.

The ideal career mode for me will be similar to Topspin, with training sessions and coaching is incorporated within the career. Also sponsors and contract in game gives you sense of achievement. The ultimate will be playing for your nation with certain strength.

I don't want to get to far ahead of ourselves but that is where we are headed.

How can you play cut to spinners? Playing cut against spinners is asking for a death wish and you will end up edging the ball to wkt keeper.

Outside the cut shot, there are so many shots to try with. If something is not happening, best way to be happy is to create one.

Spin is totally playable & fun to rotate your bat in direction you think at that time after pitching. Spin & medium pace - both are fun!

I think you have to play pretty late. I miss the square cut a lot but it's great when I connect. Cut to third man isn't a great percentage shot as you do seem to get some unavoidable edges. I'd use it in T20 but not first class.
I do find it quite frustrating when there are massive gaps on the offside but the only way I can put the ball into them is by reverse sweeping. The only slog I can connection with on the off side is over (or to) cover.
I probably sound like a broken record but match practice is so much more useful than nets for testing shots out and seeing if the fielders would catch it etc.

What, as a patch or in say DB16?

Just on that, are you guys planning on an EA-type release (annual release, minor changes) or big releases every say 2-3 years with more of a 'giant leap forward'? Personally I'd prefer the latter but thats just me.

It is probably a long way off as licensing is expensive, but something like Ultimate Team would be cool. I can just imagine somebody freaking out when they get an in-form Steyn or something like that. I would love to build a team from the ground up.

I wish I could win the lottery, so I could donate some to Big Ant and make so much more possible.

Outside the cut shot, there are so many shots to try with. If something is not happening, best way to be happy is to create one.

Spin is totally playable & fun to rotate your bat in direction you think at that time after pitching. Spin & medium pace - both are fun!

I have got the hang of medium pacers, even when they bowl slow, but spinners always get me. I end up edging them despite hitting "Match Practice".

----------

I think you have to play pretty late. I miss the square cut a lot but it's great when I connect. Cut to third man isn't a great percentage shot as you do seem to get some unavoidable edges. I'd use it in T20 but not first class.
I do find it quite frustrating when there are massive gaps on the offside but the only way I can put the ball into them is by reverse sweeping. The only slog I can connection with on the off side is over (or to) cover.
I probably sound like a broken record but match practice is so much more useful than nets for testing shots out and seeing if the fielders would catch it etc.

Wish it would be easier to put away slowish long hops away against spinners. Surely pulling or cutting isn't that difficult in real life. Maybe it would help if timing window for spinners are increased a bit or the no. of edges while facing spinners are reduced.

Play it towards point and not gully and play late and on balls that are not very wide of off stump but on middle and just outside off stump.

Trust me I was able to hit 3 boundaries in a row same shot and different balls against spinner with my career player who dont have a lot of off side play abilities but all of them were played on front foot and his front foot is strong.

I am in 2nd year of my career.

One shot i miss that this game just dont have at all

SLOG SWEEP
SLOG SWEEP

Man i loved that shot against spinners but its not a shot in DBC 14

So we will definitely get next version of DBC and franchise is on its way to be successful ??

I would like to see or a possibility to create something like the test season that was in Brian Lara Cricket 99, whereas all the teams plays each other over a span of say 10 years or so and there is a ranking system connected with it.

Users who are viewing this thread