BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Axelad15

School Cricketer
I'd like simulated gameplay/gameplay during a game to be added to a players bar stats even if it's on the AI's team.

Also would like a new difficultly mode that's between Amateurr and Pro. Bowling is way too easy in Amateur. Whilst the batting is simple it still requires proper timing and shot placement. One thing I'd like to see is more advanced field placement from AI teams and bowling options. Also would like AI players to bowl to there fields more.

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
That requires effort...

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I recall something similar @Biggs but I think it was when @MattW was showing us screenshots of different graphical improvisations he'd made to the info bars etc.

Daniboy95

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
After seeing the uniforms and kits that are bieng created in PC version, I would love to have editable kits and uniform feature in next iteration of DBC for consoles.

I can understand that much of features cant be added in console version. However, we can add text editors in the sponsors sections which will allow to edit the kits. Instead of having default few names (eg. Big Ant, Primade, Score etc) in the bat I can add my name in the bat. Few text designs can be added with different colors will also be cool to customize.

Or it would be great, if we can download the kits and uniforms created by PC users if that is possible.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
After seeing the uniforms and kits that are bieng created in PC version, I would love to have editable kits and uniform feature in next iteration of DBC for consoles.

I can understand that much of features cant be added in console version. However, we can add text editors in the sponsors sections which will allow to edit the kits. Instead of having default few names (eg. Big Ant, Primade, Score etc) in the bat I can add my name in the bat. Few text designs can be added with different colors will also be cool to customize.

Or it would be great, if we can download the kits and uniforms created by PC users if that is possible.
This would be good, something similar to what PES has in terms of modding..

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
  • Finally and this is more a little suggestion than any major feature but I think it would be cool to bring in a nemesis system of some kind where if you keep getting out to the same bowlers then they will be become your nemesis and have greater confidence when bowling against you and you will be less confident until you can get the better of them. Same goes for bowling and it works both ways so you can either get on top of another batsman or bowler or they can have the wood over you and the confidence and skill level of the players reflect that relationship.

not sure if this would be good or not but it's a really imaginative idea that you deserve kudos for.

a whole "relationships" module could be quite cool. as well as enemies in opposing teams you could have batsmen that you have better partnerships with, wicket-keeper/bowler chemistry (especially if you're a spinner).

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
But the problem with that is people who dont follow this might report it as a bug...And every time someone comes up with this "issue" explaining it to them will take the fun out of it....Though if you do understand its definitely a nice element in the game to be added...

Maybe for that instead of reducing the confidence level we can just show a blinking red meter on the confidence meter even when its at a good level to show that the player struggles against that certain bowler and for bowlers against whom the player is great at hitting more runs we can show a green blinker on the confidence meter to show that batsman is very confident against that bowler....

These things should be exclusive to career as it should be a separate path in the game and elements that happens there shouldnt affect the other modes in the game...Maybe they can add for tours and series as well if major tournaments are added to the game....

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I recall something similar @Biggs but I think it was when @MattW was showing us screenshots of different graphical improvisations he'd made to the info bars etc.

I wish I could find it, I did actually go and look. For memory (which mine is terrible) it may have actually just been on the loading screen/main menu and not during an actual game. I wish I could find it...

Either way, it'd be a cool feature to have, something that happens on TV presentations all the time and a cool way to track your other friends progress.

tassietiger420

Club Captain
not sure if this would be good or not but it's a really imaginative idea that you deserve kudos for.

Thanks it's something I have actually been thinking about for a while. In cricket there are often rivalries and mini contests within games where one bowler might have got a certain batsman out 6 out of the last 7 times they've played and therefore it would be natural to be a bit more cautious against that bowler. I think this could be a pretty interesting game mechanic where each player has varying levels of confidence depending on how they have performed against that player in recent games.

Maybe for that instead of reducing the confidence level we can just show a blinking red meter on the confidence meter even when its at a good level to show that the player struggles against that certain bowler and for bowlers against whom the player is great at hitting more runs we can show a green blinker on the confidence meter to show that batsman is very confident against that bowler....

Yeah that's a good idea there are many ways it could be implemented but I like it. It doesn't have to be anything major and game changing but I just think that if, for example you are playing in a test series in Career mode against say South Africa and you have been dismissed by Steyn every time in the first 3 games of the series then it would be natural to not be as confident against him in the next match and somehow have the game reflect this .

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yeah that's a good idea there are many ways it could be implemented but I like it. It doesn't have to be anything major and game changing but I just think that if, for example you are playing in a test series in Career mode against say South Africa and you have been dismissed by Steyn every time in the first 3 games of the series then it would be natural to not be as confident against him in the next match and somehow have the game reflect this .
Yeah basically the idea behind the red /green blinker on the confidence meter is to suggest that the confidence the batsman has at the time is under a threat with red blinker and the confidence when he faces a favourite bowler he like to play against is suggested with green blinkers...This should be against very selective players only not against all the bowlers...The bowlers under whom the blinkers are used must stand out in the bowling attacks and maybe they can add a bit more pace when that bowler is bowling to the batsman to show the confidence boost of the bowler against this batsman....These are just those small things that make us "feel" the game...

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Take 2.... rolling....action

I'd like to see an evasion feature added for dodging the short ball. Ideally it would have a timing window split into 3 parts: Early, late and very late.
Early would trigger a duck animation, while late would trigger an animation such in the first example.

:
images

While the animation for very late could be something like this:
images

Or this:
1433360532975.jpg

I think a system like this would really add to the game and the evasion feature could also be used while at the non-strikers end as a batsman to jump over/ move out of the way of any balls hit in your direction by your batting partner.

Add to this maidens in the bowling figures and a selection of animations for each shot which could be assigned individually via the academy.

Besides these, pretty much everything in Blockerdave's post covers my other wishes.

blackcapsfan

Club Captain
I love how the game records your earned stats, but it would be neat to have your own personal record stats listed in the game such as Fastest 50 / 100 and who it was against, highest score, lowest score, best bowling performance, hat tricks etc.

I would love to have the ability to create a match and begin where you want. EG: If you want to create the World Cup final where Ross Taylor and Grant Elliot are batting and take control in the 35th over when Faulkner comes into the attack..

Batsmen getting hit and getting injured would be fun too. Having a batsman pull a hamstring and having the choice of having him limp between wickets or retired hurt would be good too.

The confidence levels should mean something as well. You could have a really great batsman whose down on confidence and will look scratchy at the crease. You could have a young and upcoming batsman whose skills aren't great but the confidence is up and they will look to time the ball better earlier. Also the batsman weakness should mean something as well and be specific EG: Watson prone to LBW so you could target that weakness when you bowl and be actually be successful at getting the wicket.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
To not break my own not replying rule, in that Feedback for next edition thread, part of the point of it is to repeat other people (copying other people's dot points while making your post is the ideal) - so that I can see what particular things you think matter the most. It's how I can figure out the difference between it being just the one guy wanting something, and it being an across the board want.

Without commenting on content - as I really can't give a running commentary on what things are likely/possible/certain/impossible - but @blockerdave's post is the ideal format wise, very concise and clear, and sticking to single sentences on the dot points. Putting a bullet point in front of 150 words isn't what I'm after when I ask for dot points.

I'd also note, if your post is really long, rather than grouping by topic, group by importance as you see it.

Users who are viewing this thread