Should the fielding radar be added?

• Yes it should be added.

Votes: 105 42.7%
  • No!! It should never be added

Votes: 52 21.1%
  • Maybe, or should be added and optional

Votes: 89 36.2%

• Total voters
Even if you take out the optional option. The yes is way ahead of no.

I thought a banner on the screen was going to be displayed when the ai changes field to prompt you to look around?? Ross is this coming in subsequent patches?

Love the names above there heads Bigant, makes a huge difference in shorter games like T20. No need of a radar.

Even if you take out the optional option. The yes is way ahead of no.

It you take out the optional one, then more people might say no. We just don't know.

And the poll has no meaning when most of the votes were from before the patch that includes making viewing fielders easier. And it's more likely that you will click on this thread if you actually care about the fielding radar in the first place.

I've got to be honest, I don't like the labels above the fielders. I know it allows you to see where the fielders are but it just looks messy, and just what it is, an afterthought.
I didn't like the idea of a radar to start with but I think I would prefer that to the labels above the fielder's heads. At least it would speed up online play.
You could still have the radar pop up after pressing the trigger but there wouldn't be the need to pan around the whole pitch.
It would just look more professional than the current offering and most people would prefer it anyway by the sound of it.

Last edited:
I've got to be honest, I don't like the labels above the fielders. I know it allows you to see where the fielders are but it just looks messy, and just what it is, an afterthought.
I didn't like the idea of a radar to start with but I think I would prefer that to the labels above the fielder's heads. At least it would speed up online play.
You could still have the radar pop up after pressing the trigger but there wouldn't be the need to pan around the whole pitch.
It would just look more professional than the current offering and most people would prefer it anyway by the sound of it.

Yeah. Ross can include it optional for those who don't want it.

It's good to have options and having one for a wee radar sounds alright. Maybe click the L3 button and it pops up so as to not clutter the HUD... The way it is now with the labels works fine also, although I would like a little more time to survey the field.

Last edited:
I think it's good to have it as an option. People who would like to switch it on should be able to. It doesn't give them any advantage. It's just like the preferences of what cam you use to bat.

I'm now used to the looking around and have understood how the fielding placement works. Labelling in the patch #1 has even made it better. I think overall the game has gained heaps from the patch. Can't wait for the co-op now.

I don't mind what they do really, but it absolutely gives an advantage over not using it.

Big Ant please add the fielding radar in next patch, its a must have option. The gameplay seems broken at the moment as it relies on you to waste time. The new patch that adds names on fielders heads is tacky, ugly and screams "i am an after thought!".

I personally think it looks quite good enjoy manually looking around the field to find the gaps personally. A lot better system than previous games in my opinion.

I personally think it looks quite good enjoy manually looking around the field to find the gaps personally. A lot better system than previous games in my opinion.

Why can't there be the option for both? It can't mean a lot of programming can it?
A lot of people want it and it would save time playing online.

What I'd ideally go for is a system where instead of a cut-scene telling you a change has happened, the other batsman walks up to you and points you in the direction of the change. So, if slip moves to deep backward square leg, he'd point you towards slip and then over towards square leg.

So you still have to remember like you would in real life, but changes are specifically flagged up in a realistic way.

What I'd ideally go for is a system where instead of a cut-scene telling you a change has happened, the other batsman walks up to you and points you in the direction of the change. So, if slip moves to deep backward square leg, he'd point you towards slip and then over towards square leg.

So you still have to remember like you would in real life, but changes are specifically flagged up in a realistic way.

Problem with that is if nearly all fielders moved position. The others batsmen would be prodding around up to 18 times in front of you :D.

I think that might get annoying after the novelty has worn off and it would slow down play even further.

Users who are viewing this thread