Should the fielding radar be added?

• Yes it should be added.

Votes: 105 42.7%
  • No!! It should never be added

Votes: 52 21.1%
  • Maybe, or should be added and optional

Votes: 89 36.2%

• Total voters
Problem with that is if nearly all fielders moved position. The others batsmen would be prodding around up to 18 times in front of you :D.

Yeh well, in reality that doesn't happen, so would prefer the AI being slightly more realistic with field changes too. (I know that's blooming tricky in reality, but hey I can dream.)

----------

I think that might get annoying after the novelty has worn off and it would slow down play even further.

It might, but then at the moment we're dealing with a cut scene and no idea where the change is until we look round.

I don't like the cut scenes in the game. Constant rotating views of the pitch are just unnecessary.
GET ON WITH IT!

Every ball mate? I personally, and most people I've spoken to are getting it once or twice an over...

Edit : Just a note so I don't look stupid he originally said 'Constant views of the pitch nearly every ball'.

Last edited:
I don't like the cut scenes in the game. Constant rotating views of the pitch are just unnecessary.
GET ON WITH IT!

But a fielding radar is highly unrealistic, and in a game that's striving for realism where possible, having things given to you is anathema to that.

Every ball mate? I personally, and most people I've spoken to are getting it once or twice an over...

Edit : Just a note so I don't look stupid he originally said 'Constant views of the pitch nearly every ball'.

No I didn't. I said virtually every ball.:rolleyes

But a fielding radar is highly unrealistic, and in a game that's striving for realism where possible, having things given to you is anathema to that.

It's all unrealistic. It just a video game. I was told quite forcefully a couple of months ago on this very forum that the game ISN'T a cricket simulation.
I was against a radar to start with but it would just speed up play.

Last edited:
It's all unrealistic. It just a video game. I was forcefully told a couple of months ago on this very forum that the game IS'NT a cricket simulation.

And for me that's one of the problems we have now, everyone wants everything immediately.

Agreed

Batting mechanic is so good and hard to master pressing button to pop up radar to see field will simply speed things up and have no detrimental effect on game

It's all unrealistic. It just a video game. I was told forcefully a couple of months ago on this very forum that the game IS'NT a cricket simulation.

Agreed

Batting mechanic is so good and hard to master pressing button to pop up radar to see field will simply speed things up and have no detrimental effect on game

Yup, especially online or in multiplayer mode.

And for me that's one of the problems we have now, everyone wants everything immediately.

No. Cricket takes a long time to play generally and things that streamline that experience are worth exploring, especially online.

Also, right now we have fields changing all the time when you are bowling. A new bowler, the field changes, that new bowler bowls to the other batsman, it changes. A wicket falls and you repeat that cycle. There's even occasional field changes happening in the middle of an over without any request for it (admittedly a bug).

You also have the bowler switching sides of the wicket quite a lot too as players are sometimes wanting to bowl from the off-side of the wicket. As above this also happens automatically as a bug from time to time without request.

It'd be nice if there was an option to fix on a certain field and side of the wicket until you want to change it (for all bastmen and bowlers), so people could just get on with things.

As for fielding radar, if it were to be implemented, it'd most likely end up being an option. Optional would mean that you'd never have to use it and it shouldn't bother you at all.

As said earlier in the thread, people who want a fielding radar don't want to ruin the game:

1) They want it to appear for a short of amount of time, perhaps only until the delivery is commenced.

2) They don't appear to want any kind of aiming mechanism included.

3) They just want to see more or less where the fielders are for what might be 2-3 seconds. This is just a different version of whats already happening.

Generally this would still preserve the integrity of the game fine.

Also, in options it could be maybe switched between displaying: Never (default), On Changes, Button Press (L3 OR R3) or Every Ball.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure most of the cut scenes like that are just hiding loading.
is it? what is there to load, i can understand if its bowler change like blc05 had.
for fielding change i guess you have some other cut-scene. the stadia or pitch views i guess would be mostly cosmetic right?

Users who are viewing this thread