• No!! It should never be added

Votes: 52 21.1%
  • Maybe, or should be added and optional

Votes: 89 36.2%

• Total voters

Lord Sajjad

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I really don't know what the fuss is about. Just vote, that's all. Why are people ........ about others opinions? Let Ross do what needs to be done. Almost 35% want the radar and 35% won't bother if its optional and 28% don't want it. That clears up everything.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
EVERYTHING! Because, MATHS!

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I would love to have a fielding radar.
it will save me time keep looking around..and I can't see all the field anyway.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Not sure if I'm button bashing too much but I tend to find that unless I have the 'look around' button pressed before the end of the last ball animation it's too late and I can't press it to have a look around. IC2010 had the batsman press a button when they were ready to face. This would be a definite improvement.

Lord Sajjad

Club Cricketer
Yeah I agree Wavel. Pressing a button when you are ready will be a nice improvement. Though if radar is added that will solve that problem too.

MrDantes

School Cricketer
Adding my 2 cents

I think the fielding radar needs to be added as an option or something you can bring up like the bowler does on 2 player with trigger button. You can turn it off for legend mode and use the new patched solution for that this gives both parties what they want . Hardcore gamers play on legend with new patched system and others get new system but the radar option if required. How people can argue this isn't perfectly reasonable request is beyond me.

There's already fielding marker screen for local co op 2 player games anyway. When your mates changing the field should I close my eyes because Ross would prefer it lol or shud I play the game way I find more fun. Give people an option where it doesn't affect the core game values I.e most fun realistic revolutionary cricket game made. None of that is affected by field radar screen option. No one in there right mind is going to go well it's just another ashes cricket they gave u radar option.

Last edited:

Shayan6688

School Cricketer
I think the solution will be fine. Are we certain that a field change only happens when there's a cut scene? I could have sworn I was out caught the other day by a fielder that wasn't there the ball before - and there wasn't a cut scene.

I could be wrong though. Either way it takes about 5 seconds to look around.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've got so used to checking around the field before every delivery now.

Lord Sajjad

Club Cricketer
The new method is nice but the radar is really required to save us the time and the effort from looking everywhere all the time. The radar should be just for 3-5 seconds before or during the bowling run up.

Killer Nads

Club Cricketer

Yes but it is a pain to do every time. Such a time waste. If you count up the amount of total time you have wasted on checking this over every month, by the end of the year you would have literally wasted days of your life! :mad All because of a missing feature of the game :noway

Hence, the radar MUST be added as an optional thing.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I am coming round to having 2-3 seconds of radar on screen at start of over, and then further 2-3 seconds of radar on screen for any field changes during over

Yes its more realistic way system currently is, but the time spent looking around the field is too long and really affects time I have to play the game which is limited at best.

The batting mechanic is so good and hard to master that in my opinion, a quick view of field (then fades away) will detract nothing from the gaming experience and in my view will enhance it as can spend more time playing and getting better at putting away those pesky fast bowlers :p

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
At the end of the day, its just a game. I don't understand the argument against an optional radar from the user's point of view. Including it will not mellow down the realism of the game. It will only improve the handicap of not actually being present on the field yourself.

Its the same logic as having different camera angles for batting and bowling. PRO mode might be the most "realistic" camera angle for batting but the far and close batsmen cameras are more convenient while not being realistic.

And I will go a step further and say that the radar should be there when bowling as well and should actually have an active marker for the direction the ball is travelling in. Otherwise, with the current fielding cams its very difficult to judge the direction of the ball that soars over head. Also the camera pans too slow (As has been reported before I think)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I do too but I still miss out outfielders on the boundary. Sometime I mistake the cameramen or guards posted around the boundary as fielders and vice-versa. Would be great to have a patch with radar or fielders on the boundary clearly visible.

Dondogz

Club Cricketer
The start of over for 2-3 seconds idea or after every field change sounds alright.

Although I will probably turn it off. I love having a geez around the field in between balls to see where the gaps are. Makes it much more satisfying when you nail a sweetly times shot into a gap you just observed.

Users who are viewing this thread