Fifa World Cup 2006 - The England Story (FWC2006)

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well I hope I've put this is in the right forum - mods move this if you think it appropriate.

Right this is not a manager story, but by using the latest Fifa World Cup Game I am going to be making England's story.
First match will start today with England vs Hungary, England playing some more of their pre-match friendlies and then the FIFA World Cup in Germany will start.

(Pre-Warning for 56Ker's, this thread will contain pictures of the highest quality and some super-duper video highlights :D)

England vs Hungary build-up coming soon

It should be at the World Cup forum, anyway best of luck, and good Idea too.

OK then could a mod move this to the World Cup Forum ASAP please. Thank you.

England to field 1st-Class Side

_41700830_eriksson203.jpg

Sven-Goran Eriksson has chosen to field England's strongest side available for Tuesday's friendly against Hungary.

"After the dissapointing defeat to Belarus, we need to get into the habit of winning these key matches."

When asked on certain players like Aaron Lennon and Theo Walcott he had this to say:

"Theo will bring more depth to the side, we have Crouch who has a clear advantage with his height, Owen who is quick of the mark and a good finisher, Walcott is incredibly quick and we need a player like that. Lennon is similar to Walcott in many ways and he played well against Belarus - it is important that we give these players a chance."

Finally when asked Wayne Rooney, Sven had a snappy response:

"Wayne is a determined lad, everyone wants to see him at the World Cup and the medical staff at Manchester United are doing their best to make sure that they do see him."

This will be an interesting match - it would of been the first International at Wembley, but I won't go into that now.

Hungary vs England
kick13xd.png

Last edited:
First-Half Report

So here were the line-ups for today's friendly:

lineups6pw.png

5th Minute: Owen went so close there, but Kiraly tips it over for a corner, good stop!

enghun1pic9yv.png
Kiraly makes an excellent save from Owen's shot​

6th Minute: From the resulting corner Owen heads it wide - so very nearly though.

8th Minute: Owen is bombarding Kiraly's goal here at the moment, great cross in from Cole and Owen heads it just wide.

enghun2pic8rz.png
Owen is becoming a real nuisance for the Hungarians​

16th Minute: Many chances for England as they are dominating the Hungarians, but they are failing to score.

25th Minute: Joe Cole goes ever so close, put Kiraly tips it over once again - the resulting corner is wasted.

Video Clip:

36th Minute: GOAAAAAALLLLLLL!
SoccerBall.gif
Owen gets the goal that he deserves, great ball through from Gerrard and comfortably slots it past Kiraly, 1-0 England.

celebrate6vo.png
Owen is congratulated by his team-mates upon scoring​

Video Clip:

42nd Minute: Mother of all cock-ups, Hungary almost find their way back into the game. A bad pass from the defence allows Rosa to get through who lays it off to Kiraly who hits the post from a tight angle.

Video Clip:

HALF-TIME

Well it's Half-Time here and England have certainly had the better of the game so-far as you can see here from the stats:

stats19jy.png

This game is still not over though and England need to make the most of their possession.

Coming up next, Second-Half.

Excellent presentation,loved watching the video clips in there.England to win 3-0 in the second half I reckon.

Second-Half Report

The players are out of the tunnel and fresh for the Second-Half

55th Minute: No chances for either side at the moment, but Hungary are taking most of the possession here - and deservedly so.

63rd Minute: Should be 1-1 here, Rosa goes straight through after some sloppy defending - strikes it calmly - but it hits the post and Neville huridly clears it away.

Video Clip:

70th Minute: Beckham goes on the break and threads a beautiful ball through to Owen who is once again superbly denied by Gabor Kiraly. Crouch tries to cross it in again but it is headed away.

79th Minute: Geira makes a daring run and gets past the defence with only Robinson to beat, but Paul Robinson pulls a save out of the top drawer and tips it over. The resulting corner is headed away.

Full-Time

A sloppy Second-Half performance from a lacklustre England and Hungary deserved the draw. But in the end their finishing let them down, next up for England is Jamaica again here at Old Trafford were they'll look to improve even further.

Attendance: 63,548

Man of the Match:
Michael Owen

allsportowenvaustria.jpg

Sven not convinced by Shoddy Second-Half Performance

0,,1004~556095,00.jpg
Sven was not impressed​

Sven-Goran Eriksson was not impressed by England's second-half performance against Hungary:

'First half was fantastic, we had many chances, got a goal, but towards the end of the first-half it all went wrong. Afterwards we were sloppy in defence and we were lucky to come out of the match with a 1-0 win.'

Steven Gerrard was optimistic about England's next match with Jamaica

'We have something to improve on, that's the best part. We can learn from our mistakes, make a few changes, and hopefully we can come out from that game with the best result possible.'

Jamaica vs England
kick22rf.png

Whoa, this is awesome presentation mate! Good to see a story like this coming through, although a Swedish one would've been better...;)
Great that's Owen persisting and performing well- a major positive England can take from the game as they approach the more important fixtures. I'll watch the video clip on the 1st of June when my download cap thing renews! :p

Last edited:
That was a nice match, good work, Owen played good.

"We are not to be underestimated"
wdownswell.jpg

Jamaican Head Coach Wendell Downswell speaks to the press

'We are not to be underestimated' is the message from currently 46th Ranked Jamaica. This was said by Jamaican coach Wendell Downswell who was relaxed and calm going into his press-conference:

'We have many players who play in England and we know the English style of football. We are taking this friendly with a serious attitude and we want a good result out of it.'

Watford Striker, Marlon King was optimistic about tommorow's match:

'We have a good squad who are in good form at the moment. Many of us have had some success in England and played in English stadiums. For me though this is my first time playing at Old Trafford - I've played in many Premiership stadiums, White Hart Lane, Highbury, The Valley, but I've never played at Old Trafford before.'

MARLON%20KING%20II.JPG

Marlon King playing in Jamaican Colours against El Salvador

Users who are viewing this thread