Fifa World Cup 2006 - The England Story (FWC2006)

First-Half Report

So here are the line-ups, a few familiar faces for Jamaica but a big surprise for England as Theo Walcott starts

lineup0hc.png

6th Minute: Owen makes a clean run through after a great through ball from Gerrard, but instead of shooting he lays it off to Walcott who's shot is well saved.

Video Clip:

9th Minute: Whitmore makes a great run for Jamaica but out comes Robinson who takes the ball before he can get his shot in.

13th Minute: Joe Cole makes a great pass to Owen on the wing who crosses it in, but Cole can't keep his header down.

18th Minute: Carragher tries to clear the ball away but Neville is in the way, Jason Euell slides to get a shot in which is well saved by Robinson.

engjam19ms.png

Robinson saves smartly.

21st Minute: Lampard is threaded through by Beckham but his shot comes off Marshall and Reid prevents it from going for a corner.

28th Minute: Walcott is becoming a real problem for the Jamaicans, will he convert this success into a goal?

35th Minute: Whitmore makes a great short pass to Marlon King in the box, but King's shot is well saved by Robinson.

Video Clip:

39th Minute: Booking
yellow_card.gif
, Davis of Jamaica gets a yellow card after a foul on Joe Cole.

46th Minute: Walcott makes a great turn and passes it to Gerrard. Gerrard takes it round Goodison and shoots only to be denied by the bar - frustration for England.

Video Clip:

Half-Time

An even First-Half as shown by these stats:

stats4fd.png

England need to get forward in the Second-Half, dissapointing from them. Theo Walcott and Joe Cole have shown a lot of promise so far and they need to keep it up

engjam23fe.png
Joe Cole walks off for Half-Time

Frustration in the First Half. Just like last night.

What difficulty are you playing on

well played both teams, can't wait for second half.

Second-Half Report

So can England win this one now? Let's see:

47th Minute: Walcott goes clean through but Ziadie makes a last-gasp tackle and clears it away.

55th Minute: Substitution
substitution.gif
Off goes Owen who hasn't had the best of games, in comes Crouch.

60th Minute: Crouch makes a fantastic run from the half-way line, 25 yards out has a shot and it goes for a corner.

Video Clip:

75th Minute: Crouch snatches the ball from Ziadie and makes a run for it, but his final shot is weak and poor and comfortably saved in the end by Ricketts.

engjam37ly.png

Crouch's shot is saved.

83rd Minute: In all the frustration, Crouch has a pot-shot from 30 yards out but it is easily saved.

88th Minute: Yellow Card
yellow_card.gif
, Goodison of Jamaica brings down Crouch right on the edge of the area, deserved booking but a real chance for Beckham.

engjam45dd.png

Crouch is brought down by Goodison.

89th Minute: Great Free-Kick and well saved by Ricketts, floated over the wall and it was aimed for the bottom right corner, needed more power.

Video Clip:

89th Minute: The resulting corner is floated in by Beckham and there is a real scramble, but it is cleared for another corner.

FULL-TIME

In the end a pretty boring match, and even a first-class England couldn't overcome Jamaica. Theo Walcott played the whole game and impressed early on but faded out as the game went on. Most impressive of the England side was Peter Crouch he caused many problems for Jamaica.

Well next up for England is Paraguay at the World Cup, until then goodbye.

Attendance: 65,298

Man of the Match:
Donovan Rickets

248067-3868-ga.jpg

Last edited:
Very bad indeed, I'm playing World Class to let you know. OK Post-Match interviews coming up.

Could a mod please move this to the FIFA World Cup Forum.

Last edited:
The Players Opinion:

After Sven-Goran Eriksson refused an interview with the media, we caught up with some of the England squad to have a brief chat about the game.

Peter Crouch, brought on as a substitute:

318497_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

'I had a fair few chances which I should of converted, I think that everyone will take this draw with them on the plane to Germany but we should all forget about it - these friendlies don't matter and we should put all bad results out of the way and look onto the next game.'

Joe Cole, played the 90 minutes:

1126080945241joe_cole_070905.jpg

'The finishing let us down today, and we were all content with trying to run it through the defence that we all forgot to pass it around a little. I will certainly try my hardest against Paraguay and I hope everyone else will have the same attitude.'

Wayne Rooney, spectator from the stands:

rooneystands.jpg

'There were certain parts of the game where I wanted to stand up and go, "pass it here, give us the ball and I'll finish it!", I could see what needed improvement and certainly I'll talk to Michael and Crouchy about their finishing today.'

So as England board the plane to Germany today, spirits aren't as high as they should be. Join me later for the special farewell review - on Sven's men's chances, and detailed match analysis.

Excellent...Excellent Story and presentation.:) I generally don't visit story threads often but this is one of the very few that I'm enjoying. Keep it up.

Ohh First time ever Beckham does'nt go Bent, ohh all the English people must be having a party :D.

Users who are viewing this thread