FM11: Blackpool - A New Era

Brendon Hedger had declined the opportunity to take over as the manager of Croatia.

Meanwhile, Blackpool have announced the signing of another promising Brazilian striker in 19 year old, Vinicius for ?2.1M from Vitoria. He is labelled the next Vagner Love and really has a promising future ahead of him.

Blackpool also have turned down a ?16.75M offer for Tarik Brack, Hedger stating that he is not for sale after having played in all but one league match last season and has really stepped up at international level with Holland.

----------

Here is a screenshot of Vinicius as well.

vinciusprofileattribute.png

Unfortunately, we went down in the Community Shield although the result was controversial as Stewart Downing was disallowed a fair goal after ruled to be offside despite replays confirming he was onside, just after half-time and Tevez scored the only goal with under 15 minutes remaining. Phil Jones took the MOTM award meanwhile.

mancityvsblackpool.jpg

----------

Blackpool meanwhile have finally confirmed the signing of Paulo Henrique for a record fee of ?21.5M, the most Blackpool have ever payed for a player after Phil Jones for ?10M back in the 2012/13 season.

Question, how should I play him :p

Not really wanting to just play one striker and would prefer to play Henrique as an attacking midfielder but it makes my formation a very attacking one especially if I play wingers.

----------

And also for everybody's information, from now on, updates are going to be informal. Got to the stage when I've got a bit bored of writing and want to get through a few seasons quickly. It will just be screenshots of important matches and matches I feel like posting.

A bit disappointed, didn't really play well. Like I said, I prefer to play with 2 strikers but it's a bit hard with Paulo Henrique.

liverpoolvsblackpool.jpg

I feel so bad now. I just sold one of my promising young players to Sunderland for ?1M. They also will owe me ?60M when he reaches 30 league goals :p

----------

And I have confirmed the signing of Per Mertesacker on loan from Barcelona for a fee of ?325k.

A bit disappointed at the loss but Paulo Henrique scored his first goal for the club at least.

blackpoolvslyon.jpg

----------

And my Champions League group is Blackpool, Zenit, Dortmund and Sparta Prague.

Blackpool meanwhile have finally confirmed the signing of Paulo Henrique for a record fee of ?21.5M, the most Blackpool have ever payed for a player after Phil Jones for ?10M back in the 2012/13 season.

Question, how should I play him :p

Not really wanting to just play one striker and would prefer to play Henrique as an attacking midfielder but it makes my formation a very attacking one especially if I play wingers.

Why did you buy him then?

----------

Were you in the 1st pot? And looks like an easy group. :p

By the way, Vinicius looks like he may turn into a great player. His determination, teamwork and work rate is incredibly good for one so young.

A bit disappointed at the loss but Paulo Henrique scored his first goal for the club at least.

blackpoolvslyon.jpg

----------

Why was that 'home' game played in Monaco?

A pretty disappointing start to the season continues. Only one win against Fulham in our first 6 games (including 2 cup losses)

manutdvsblackpool.jpg

David Goodwillie might have had a slow start to the season but he's started to kick off with a goal against Man Utd before travelling with the Scottish squad where he scored a double against Chinese Taipai in a 3-0 friendly win before scoring a hattrick in Scotland's 8-0 away WCQ win over Luxembourg. Phil Jones meanwhile scored his first International goal in his 19th match for England.

----------

Well this is with my new tactic. Pretty dominant, just couldn't find a way into the back of the net which I might find pretty hard with just the one striker. Probably needs a bit of tweaking. Trying to work out whether it's best to play the lone striker as a poacher or advanced forward attack, as normally I haven't got great results with poachers. And also whether I should play my wingers as inside forwards or just wingers (currently just wingers). Anyway, formation for those who are wondering.

GK: Ospina/Caballero (Sweeper Keeper Support)

DL: Brack (Full Back Defend)
DC: Jones (Stopper)
DC: Cathcart/Romero (Cover)
DR: Hodson (FB Defend)

MC: N'Zonzi (Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend)
MC: Adam (Advanced Playmaker - Support)

AML: Downing/Kalou (Winger - Attack)
AMC: Paulo Henrique (Attacking Midfielder)
AMR: Kalou/Dos Santos (Winger - Attack)

ST: Anyone :p (Advanced Forward - Attack)

Possession was also 70% when we had taken the lead. Look at that passing though :p

blackpoolvssunderland.jpg

Started to get our season back on the right track with a 4-2 win in the league over Leeds and now a 4-2 win over Zenit in the Champions League thanks to a hattrick from Chris Wood.

blackpoolvszenit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread