FM11: Juventus - Reviving The 'Old Lady'

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
that bosnian guy, marlem pjanic, was my assistant manager for a while in my last game. it's now jack wilshere (but I'm planning to give to a youth product that's played 20 years at the club when he retires in another season)

JBlues08

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Europa League: Last 32 (Second Leg - Leading 2-0 on aggregate)

BvsJ1-1.jpg

Brondby dominated early on and really should have taken the lead but I then took control in the second half and got the win. Dortmund awaits now in the Last 16 after overcoming Rosenborg 4-2 on aggregate.

P.S Sorry Haarithan. Your Liverpool were eliminated by PSG on away goals after a 1-1 draw. :p

Serie A: Matchday 27

RvsJ1.jpg

A deserved win and a result that put paid Ranieri's job at Roma. He had been under pressure for quite some time already. Inter are my next opponent in Turin. Big big game.

Serie A: Matchday 28

JvsIM1.jpg

CABAYE!! :mad The only difference in this game is Julio Cesar. He saved the penalty along with two or three other chances! Eleven points behind and any lingering title hope is gone. Disappointed. Oh well. Must consolidate our position in 2nd place then.

Europa League: Last 16 (First Leg)

BDvsJ1.jpg

A fair result. All to play for in the second leg.

Serie A: Matchday 29

CvsJ1-1.jpg

Struggled to overcome 10 men Chievo! That said, can't be bothered.

----------

that bosnian guy, marlem pjanic, was my assistant manager for a while in my last game. it's now jack wilshere (but I'm planning to give to a youth product that's played 20 years at the club when he retires in another season)

:eek: What year were you in for that save?

JBlues08

Club Captain
Europa League: Last 16 (Second Leg - Level 1-1 on aggregate)

JvsBD1.jpg

Another even game that ended all square. Thank goodness Buffon saved the penalty. Was getting annoyed with all the penalties going in! :p

So, into the last 8 then and here's the draw:

ELKOSD4.jpg

Tricky task against CSKA who I had massive problem dealing with recently in my Chelsea save.

Serie A: Matchday 30

JvsN1.jpg

Cabaye got injured and out for 2 weeks but thankfully, it's the International break after this. Anyway, great win after that long midweek game and happy to have smashed in more goals after they went down to 10 men. Pissed with Bonucci giving away that penalty though!

Eight more games to go and here's how the table looks right now:

SerieALTable4.jpg

A Top 4 finish looking more likely now with 13 points separating me and Palermo. Want to finish in Top 3 though to avoid going through Champions League qualifying round next season.

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Should be a 2nd or 3rd placed finish now. Hopefully you can go on to win the EURO Cup. And btw, you have way too many images so when you get near the bottom of the page, I normally have to wait about 5 minutes for those pictures to load.

And I played Goodwillie as an Advanced Forward (Attack) and don't think I changed much apart from that. Why?

JBlues08

Club Captain
Should be a 2nd or 3rd placed finish now. Hopefully you can go on to win the EURO Cup. And btw, you have way too many images so when you get near the bottom of the page, I normally have to wait about 5 minutes for those pictures to load.

Sorry about that. Maybe I should slow down the updates a little bit or post screen shots of games that matters only. What is the number of posts you set to appear in a page by the way?

And I played Goodwillie as an Advanced Forward (Attack) and don't think I changed much apart from that. Why?

Nothing. Just asking. :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
15 posts per page. Anyway, up to you how you do it. A little extra time waiting to load doesn't hurt me :p

Although just remember that a story should be based on writing to be complemented by pictures ;)

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Why would you have less? Especially when I play mafia games and have to go through 10 pages of 15 posts of nothing trying to pick up any hints at all.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Why would you have less? Especially when I play mafia games and have to go through 10 pages of 15 posts of nothing trying to pick up any hints at all.

EDIT: Wait, you're talking about the posts per page? If so, sorry for the misunderstanding earlier. :)

Last edited:

JBlues08

Club Captain
Serie A: Matchday 31

PvsJ1.jpg

An even game till Paletta got his second yellow(had someone else to cover him) for bringing down Pepe who was clean through on goal. Then, two quickfire goals from a free kick and penalty seal the win early on in the second half.

Europa League: Quarter Finals (First Leg)

JvsCM1.jpg

Had the better of the first half and deservedly took the lead when Pjanic blasted in a shot from 18 yards. Apart from a couple dangerous looking long shots from CSKA, they weren't creating anything. Then out of nowhere, they got a penalty. De Ceglie got too tight on Oliseh(IIRC) and when the latter knocked the ball past Ceglie into the penalty box, he freaked out and tackle him from behind. Now that it finished 1-1, I have to score at least a goal now in the second leg.

Other Europa League Results:

Atletico Madrid 1-1 Manchester City
Inter Milan 0-0 Dynamo Kiev
Napoli 1-2 Montpellier

Serie A: Matchday 32

CvsJ1-2.jpg

A nervy win over 10 men Catania. At this stage of the season, I can't be bothered especially when the performance have been fairly inconsistent at times.

Coppa Italia: Semi Finals (First Leg)

AMvsJ1-1.jpg

If that defeat to Milan earlier on was harsh, this certainly wasn't. Was completely outplayed and they deserved their win. The away goal is the only thing that is keeping me in this tie. Elsewhere, Palermo lost 2-0 to Inter at the San Siro.

Serie A: Matchday 33

JvsU1.jpg

This match was like a re-run of the reverse fixture. An early goal from the visitors and again from a long shot. After that, it was like a sparring with both teams created numerous chances to score. Otherwise, it's another home defeat! Next up, the second leg against CSKA Moscow.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Europa League: Quarter Finals (Second Leg - Level 1-1 on aggregate)

CMvsJ1.jpg

Disappointed. CSKA had a lot of shots in this game but most were from long range in an otherwise even game. That is until Pjanic went off injured. Brought him for Aquilani early on and I then made two more substitutes at HT. So, had to play with 10 men and was pretty much on the back foot from then on. Disappointed.

Other Europa League Results(Second Leg):

Manchester City 2-2 Atletico Madrid (Madrid advanced on away goals after a 3-3 draw on aggregate)
Dynamo Kiev 0-1 Inter Milan (Inter advanced after winning 1-0 on aggregate)
Montpellier 3-0 Napoli (Montpellier advanced after winning 5-1 on aggregate)

So, Inter will Atletico Madrid while Montpellier will go up against CSKA Moscow in the semi finals.

Serie A: Matchday 34

PvsJ1-1.jpg

Pleased to get the win after losing the last 3 games. The victory was never quite in doubt though despite Palermo pulling one back after going 2-0 down.

Serie A: Matchday 35

JvsS1-1.jpg

A good comeback win.

Serie A: Matchday 36

LvsJ1-1.jpg

A very very even game but Lazio won it thanks to a penalty given away by De Ceglie!

Coppa Italia: Semi Finals (Second Leg - Losing 3-1 on aggregate)

JvsAM1.jpg

Very disappointed. Milan were on a bad run of form suddenly and they even lost 6-0 an San Paalo during that run! Made a mess from a corner and Pato just ran with the ball all the way before shooting past Buffon. That pretty much killed off the tie.

Milan will now face their city rivals, Inter after they beat Palermo 1-0 in the second leg, thus making it a 3-0 victory on aggregate.

Serie A: Matchday 37

JvsAM2.jpg

Sheesh! Lost the game that matters and won the one that is a dead rubber. Well, at least I managed to beat Milan after losing all 3 other meetings this season.

Serie A: Matchday 38

BvsJ1-2.jpg

What is it with this FM match engine? Your team is leading comfortably in a game and suddenly one of your players goes and make a two footed challenge and get sent off!

After the final game, here's how the table looks:

SerieALTable5.jpg

Inter won the league at a canter. They may have finished 7 points ahead but they didn't win any of their 3 last game IIRC. Milan also stumbled badly in the last few games, thus finishing a massive 15 points behind me.

Could have really challenged for the league title if results have been more consistent. Draws against Bologna and Catania and defeats to the likes of Chievo, Lecce and Bari cost us badly in that aspect.

Other than that, it has been a pretty decent season. Time to see what happens in the off season.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Quick season that :p

And good finish, second place. Unfortunate that you couldn't go on to win any other competitions but better luck next season.

Users who are viewing this thread