FOOTBALL Football Manager Discussion

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just had to put an outfield player in goal for the final 5/10 minutes of a game. Had used all my subs when my keeper got injured. Luckily I held on to a 1-0 lead.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
First time scoring more than 100 goals in a league campaign.

1718PLT.jpg

Still not as impressive as hedger's one though. :p

Arguably, the two best results I got are these two: :D

SW1.jpg

FAW1.jpg

Also, probably made one of the best transfers ever by getting Christian Eriksen at just 5 million pounds and he's now worth over 20 million. :lol

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just had to put an outfield player in goal for the final 5/10 minutes of a game. Had used all my subs when my keeper got injured. Luckily I held on to a 1-0 lead.

I remember using Rooney as the goalkeeper in a similar situation against Chelsea.

Luckily Chelsea could not penetrate my defence.:D

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Just won every trophy in the season besides losing the super cup on penalties to barca (3-3 AET, i lead 3 times) with RC lens.

The best thing is that it was my first league title (despite back to back champions leagues, i still had not won Ligue 1). I got 92 and 93 point in the CL winning seaosns for 2nd and 3rd place respectively. Then smashed in a 107 point season in which i won every away match of the season.

What made it all the sweeter was that Lyon finished 2nd in the league, and I beat them in the two domestic french cup finals and the CL final. After 5-6 title challenges in which they or Marseille had pipped me it felt sweet

6ry4nj

International Coach
I remember using Rooney as the goalkeeper in a similar situation against Chelsea.

Luckily Chelsea could not penetrate my defence.:D

In 10 minutes I would expect someone to get a hat-trick from the half-way line. :p

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Just bought this for iPhone. FM12 I mean..

Started a save with Man Yoo... Was getting spanked early on losing every match, board confidence was bout to sack me then all of a sudden Rooney has saved my black ass!

Hes on a scoring rampage. I noticed going with team tactics of attacking, long passes and 'pressing hard' only results in losses!

I now go attacking only against weak sides, and my preffered passing method is 'short passes'.. Much more success this way!

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Oh well.. Got the sack from Man United one game away from finishing the season 6th.. Fair call.

Applied for a whole heap of other teams, and had to sim through a whole season waiting for a decent offer! Having never really played FM much before I didn't realise you can't just get fired from a big club and jump to another big club.

Ended up taking Preston in nPower League 2. They came 17th the previous year, managed them well to a league cup and top of the league resulting in promotion. Did very well, and was thinking of sticking with them to try get them into the Premiership after finding a liking to their players. But got an offer from Birmingham City (my mother's birthplace) so thought I may as well take it.

They are freshly demoted to the Championship after coming dead last in EPL the year before. I signed Samuel Eteo.. Then in training gets injured for 7 months! Cheers! Then I sign an old but effective Loius Saha.. Then he gets injured for 3 months.. So my start of the season isn't going too well. Need to find a cheap good young striker seeing I blew most my transfer budget on two blokes sitting in the rehab rooms...

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
anopqd.jpg

Finished last season on a high. Won the Johonstone's Paint Trophy as well. Defeated MK Dons 3-2.

34zetll.jpg

Have been doing really well in League 1. Media predicted I'll be struggling to avoid relegation but I am sitting comfortably at 4 :D.

2e54bpz.jpg

Last January, the owner sold Ward for 300k as he thought the offer was too good to turn down. Went onto bought Younghusband and Van Den Berg. Van Den Berg has been tweaking awesome as you can see.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Got the Birmingham job.. Just won the league (Championship). Now fighting it out in the EPL - in year 2015/16.

Bout halfway through the season, sitting just over mid table. Good signs, I cant be that weak. Its funny I've brought my main striker from my Preston Point days (battling it out in league 2), to Birmingham, and hes doing fine in the EPL! Champion.

Problem with Birmy is that I don't have a very high transfer budget and to compete with the top 3 I'm going to need a few new stars. I've been able to loan a couple decent players but they always go after a season, I'd rather purchase players.

Is there anyway to get the board to give me more transfer money or do I just need to have a good season and they up the funds?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
A good season will bring some better funds in general. Don't expect it to be too much but it'll be enough.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Best game I've had in a long time, even if we did eventually lose on penalties.

hullwestham.png

And yes, I'm now at Hull. Got sacked from River Plate after finishing 5th in the opening stage of the 2020/21 season and then losing the first game of the closing stage 4-0.

I joined Hull with about 15 games left and managed to steer them clear of relegation and finish 18th.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My Sweden side are serious comeback kings. We have won 9 out of 11 (Both losses were friendlies) and from those 9 wins we have conceded first 6 times.

Beat Macedonia 3-1 (1-0 down)
Beat Bosnia & Herzogovina 2-1 (1-0 down)
Beat Wales 2-1 (1-0 down)
Beat Iceland 3-2 (2-0 down)
Beat Austria 2-1 (1-0 down)
Beat Bosnia & Herzogovina 3-1 (1-0 down)

Couldn't quite do it against France, where we went 1-0 down, equalised and then lost 3-1.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Finished 2nd in League 1,Won 23,Drew 17 :p and Lost 6. Finished with 85 points 9 points behind 1st position team.

Got promoted to Championship and made some changes to my team. Mainly changing some of the faces in defense, got a youth Attacking Midfielder in Celso Borges for a record signing fees of 200k. Also bought a striker on loan from our parent club Derby.

14twiza.jpg

Played the recently demoted Yeovil Town from Championship to League 1 in a friendly and won 3-2. We then started our season in the Championship against Wigan. Was always gonna tough , and we lost it 3-1. Won 3-2 against Chester in League Cup R1. Then we faced Middlesbrough in our second game of the Championship, and we won 2-1 :D then we drew 2-2 against Burnley, lost in a hard fought battle against Nottingham Forrest 2-1 which went into Extra Time. We then put our focus back on Championship, faced Charlton which we won 2-1. Then we went away to Crystal Palace. Was a balanced game overall, but we were 2-0 down for almost all the game, scored a goal in the closing moments of the game but it was too late :(. We are 15th 7 points from 5 games so far(some of the teams have played 6 games so we went down two places). Happy with the efforts so far. We now have a visit from Blackpool and we are favourites to win it. Hopefully we can get back to winning ways once again.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
third straight buy for FM for iphone. FM'12. Started off a relegation battle with Juventus (!!) and lost it but carried on the challenge and the save turned out impressive. The regens are the best in the game if you can train them effectively.

here's one i've trained since i got him.

Steve Smith:

2yvmmph.jpg

Also the stats keep mangling a bit. Loaned him out to chievo twice and he's worked wonders for them.

trust me this game is fun on iOS. Not many changes from '11 but a quality game.

Users who are viewing this thread