Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JamesyJames3 said:
Preston are gone! :( I can hear all the Leeds fans from my room, they must be going mental.

Leeds deserved it based on the second half performance.

Dirty Leeds!

Ste said:
Dirty Leeds!

Oh aye, they're filthy, I was watching the game with a few Leeds fans on the cricket team, they were up celebrating but the rest of the place was silent.

Two players sent off, filth!

Oh!! what a suprise, I hear police cars racing down the street!!

Ste said:
I agree. It was only Saturday that Wenger was saying Walcott should be picked and Sven without any mind of his own sees this and thinks Wenger must be right so picks him. Didnt he think that the fact he hasnt played for Arsenal all season means that Wenger doesnt think he is even ready for the Premiership never mind the World Cup!

I bet Arsene is langing his head off, he gets to see Walcott play at a top level without any risk coming to Arsenal!

If Arsene Wenger said that he thinks I should be in the team I bet Sven would pick me!

Whatever you say about Defoe at least he is proven that he can score goals at the top level, he has had some problems this season but he should be in the proper squad. Fowler would have been better though!

Dont get me started on the number of injured players being picked as well!

I wonder what odds I can get laying England on Betfair.

!!!!!!

Just watch the next Arsenal star in action :) Obviously Wenger saw talent in the guy when he brought him 4 months ago. The club that let him go must be pissed now :)

aussie1st said:
Wenger saw talent in the guy when he brought him 4 months ago. The club that let him go must be pissed now :)

I'll give you a little lesson for free, 'cos I'm good like that :p

Anyhoo, Walcott has been considered the next big thing in English football since before Wenger signed him. The club that let him go was Southampton and they had just been relegated as well as suffering from the usual financial troubles that relegated clubs suffer from.

The price paid was ?5 million, which for a 16 year old with only half a season of Championship football was by all accounts a fantastic deal for Southampton. On top of that various payments are due, including ?2million when he makes his first England appearance. In total it can rise to ?12million. So all in all Southampton will not be pissed they let him go, as in the end they are doing as well as possible financially. That said he still hasn't actually played for Arsenal. I wonder if he is the first case of someone who makes his international debut before his Premiership debut?

Just to add to this, according to Sven he has only seen him play 2-3 times in training.. How on earth can he justify picking someone for a World Cup based on 2-3 training sessions and not one bit of competitive football!

Last edited:
He said he was taking a punt cause he had 23 other players (or something like that) so he thought why not take a punt on some kid. Highly unlikely to get a game so hes more there for the experience. Would be some feat to get a game in the WC for the 16 year old.

31 DAYS TO GO!!!

What a season it was, glad Liverpool are still 3rd on a totally different topic. :D

aussie1st said:
He said he was taking a punt cause he had 23 other players (or something like that) so he thought why not take a punt on some kid. Highly unlikely to get a game so hes more there for the experience. Would be some feat to get a game in the WC for the 16 year old.

That's hardly the point though, its already been said earlier that the WC is not a place to experiment, I'd have picked SWP but w/e I'm probably biased. :p

People forget that Walcott did play 21 games for Southampton, i no all be it at Championship level, but some people are making out he has never played a game in his life.
Rooney had played 26 games when he got picked for England, i no they were in the Premiership but look what a talent he has turned out to be.

gold639 said:
That's hardly the point though, its already been said earlier that the WC is not a place to experiment, I'd have picked SWP but w/e I'm probably biased. :p

Well if someone is being called the next big thing why not pick him. I know if Brazil had a player like that they would have him in the start 11.

Very true.The early signs are good though,what I liked about the squad was that Walcott was in the first 23 rather than a backup which shows that the manager has faith in the kid.

Rude Ruud!

Well this is the supposed story behind why van Horseface was left out of the starting line up again Charlton. If this is indeed true, then I am 100% behind the ManU team management for kicking the git out. 150 goals in 200 games matter **** given this attitude.

That was a real rude thing to say to Ronaldo especially when he had lost his father recently.

Link!

How about using the Football thread....?
Anyway, I'm behind the decision, discipline is an integral part of football, particularly at that level, and despite his talents and reputation as Man U's leading striker, an attitude like that has to be dealt with through actions. Still, an extremely abrupt incident in the public eye...

This guys seems like and arrogant d!ckhead. I wonder how he'd like it if the situation was reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread