Coca-Cola Championship Thread

Manly

Thor
Ipswich fans are so fickle; we lose/draw and it's 'Jim out' etc., a win today and he's 'the best manager since Sir Bobby'.

To be fair though, I've been very critical of him, but the game on Tuesday we dominated, and looked very good vs QPR today.

What midfield options we have!!
Garvan, Norris, Quinn, Shumulikoski, Miller, Walters, Haynes -- 7 players there who could walk into most teams' line-ups. AND I forgot Campo!

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why did the ref not give Derby that last goal? Couldn't see anything wrong with it.

I won't complain, mind.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Derby are twats so I am glad they were robbed, no matter how bad the decision was. They should not have been given a penalty, the referee should have just given a goal. Then the referee should not have given a free kick to Nottingham Forest when Derby scored from the header. Again, though, I don't care, because Derby are twats.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well, glad to finally see a Bristol City game this season, and thankfully a win. Wasn't convincing come the end, but we were class for the first hour. Big Dele Adebola up front was immense. With McIndoe and Noble linking up to Adebola as the lone striker we managed to create some great chances. Our passing was sublime and we should have been about 3-0 up come 60 minutes. McIndoe's penalty was shocking, but he had a fantastic game other than that. We were holding on for the last half hour, but 3 points nonetheless.

Oh and Ben, I thought Gavin Williams was crap?! He's been really good for us so far this season :p

Manly

Thor
Oh and Ben, I thought Gavin Williams was crap?! He's been really good for us so far this season :p

Just you wait..

.. He'll be injured soon...

Don't you worry... :p

--------------

In other news, Town string back-to-back wins together for the first time since February, with our 3rd away win of the season. (As many as we got all of last year)

LUMB_YORKSHIRE

Club Cricketer
ouch we got spanked by Wolves, they are a good side not blaming the ref but both teams did 12 fouls and burnley got 7 bookings and a red and Wolves 0 that ref really was a bugger

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Huge game this weekend, one that we really can't afford to lose. I'm confident we'll beat Forest easily, but there's always going to be that dredding feeling incase we do lose. If we do lose, I won't hear the end of it at college and in my footy team!

C'MON BRISTLE CITY!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Huge game this weekend, one that we really can't afford to lose. I'm confident we'll beat Forest easily, but there's always going to be that dredding feeling incase we do lose. If we do lose, I won't hear the end of it at college and in my footy team!

C'MON BRISTLE CITY!
Please beat them, Norwich are playing them next week and it would be nice if they were in low spirits.

The Welshmen are coming to Carrow Road tomorrow... lock the gates!!

Sureshot

Executive member
We beat Barnsley 1-0, our first win in ages. I think it lifts us off the bottom.

D

Deleted member 13648

Was a good game Sureshot. McGugan was awful first half but then came alive in the 2nd half. He's a decent player when he actually gives a toss. Tyson is a consistently good player whenever I go and see them. Good game :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What a pile of crap!

For 15 minutes we dominated and then we were just awful. Are strikers are just rubbish. Why release the best striker we had in Darren Byfield? Looks like it's going to be mid-table mediocrity for us this season!

D

Deleted member 13648

By the way, was at Forest vs Blackpool yesterday. Was a piss-poor game but some of the chants were brilliant.

"You can shove your f'ing tower up your arse!
You can shove your f'ing tower up your arse!
You can shove your f'ing tower,
Shove your f'ing tower,
Shove your f'ing tower up your arse!

SIDEWAYS!
SIDEWAYS!"

Users who are viewing this thread