Coca-Cola Championship Thread

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
So...state of play at the close of 2008 (apart from Wolves & Blackpool, who are playing now)

1. Wolves 57 points (could be 60pts)
2. Reading 51 points
-----
3. Birmingham 51 points
4. Cardiff 44 points
5. Burnley 43 points
6. Sheff Utd 41 points
-----
7. Preston 41 points
8. Crystal Palace 40 points
9. QPR 38 points
------------
19. Watford 27 points
20. Norwich 26 points
21. Nottm Forest 24 points
-----
22. Doncaster 24 points
23. Southampton 23 points
24. Charlton 19 points

So. The runaway leaders Wolves look done and dusted to get back into the Premier League, leaving a clutch of clubs to fight it out for a second auto promotion spot and the rest of the playoffs.

Clubs chasing 2nd place: Reading, Birmingham, Cardiff, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Preston, Crystal Palace

Clubs chasing playoffs: Those above + QPR, Ipswich, Swansea, Bristol City

Over the last couple of weeks, the gap between the top 3 and the rest has closed slightly, bring it on :p

Relegation-wise, Charlton look dead already, poor as hell. The rest is debatable, Doncaster were almost certainties, but their brilliant 2 wins over the Christmas period has improved their position somewhat, and previous Premiership teams Norwich, Watford & Derby may becoming under increasing pressure and could join Charlton & Soton in a trio of recent top tier teams to fall into the 3rd tier next year.

Come on Cardiff, keep the run going! :D

Manly

Thor
You can remove Ipswich from 'Play-Off chasers' to 'Fighting off Relegation'. We are balls.

'Magilton Out - Save Alex Bruce'

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You can remove Ipswich from 'Play-Off chasers' to 'Fighting off Relegation'. We are balls.

'Magilton Out - Save Alex Bruce'
I've been hearing this lately. Shocking. Proves Ipswich fans are deluded.

Manly

Thor
Peter Grant...? :p Nah, I'm hoping Curbishley, or Davis. But I'm resigned to the fact Magilton is here until the end of the season now, which is poor.

The thing is, Norwich are playing some nice football (?) and losing, whereas we are just crap.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The thing is, Norwich are playing some nice football (?) and losing, whereas we are just crap.
Recently, yes, but yesterday, no. It was so bad there were chants of "what a load of rubbish" at half time.

wolf

International Cricketer
So. The runaway leaders Wolves look done and dusted to get back into the Premier League, leaving a clutch of clubs to fight it out for a second auto promotion spot and the rest of the playoffs.

Oh don't say that. If either of our wingers or strikers get injured we are screwed as we have no decent cover in that area. Plus we have a goalkeeper (Hennessey) who is incapable of coming for crosses. Hope we can get rid of him for 5 million or whatever is being quoted as he is massively overrated (not by Wolves fans I add). We need Ikeme in he is much better.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
I am trying to jinx you! Nice to hear Mick quote us as challengers for promotion this season (along with Brum, Reading & Sheff Utd) :D

wolf

International Cricketer
Oh and it would also be nice if every ref in this division didn't gave a foul everytime Iwelumo goes near the ball. Actually it would be nice if the refs improved their overall performance because their standard really is shocking.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
I'd have to agree with you there, there have been some incredibly shocking decisions this season. The less said about Watford-Reading the better.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
good 2-0 win for Coventry at the weekend against Sheff Weds. Clinton Morrison banging in the goals at the moment.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
GET IN THERE YOU BEAUTY!! WE ARE STAYING UP!!

QPR 0-1 Norwich

Users who are viewing this thread