Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbc sport said:
Manchester United defender Gary Neville has been charged by the Football Association with improper conduct.
bbc sport said:
The charge relates to his celebrations following Rio Ferdinand's last-gasp winner in the 1-0 win against Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.

The FA's action, based on referee Mike Riley's report, comes after Greater Manchester Police expressed concerns over Neville's behaviour.

England international Neville, 30, has until 10 February to respond.

Refereee Riley failed to see the incident but offered his verdict on Neville's actions after reviewing video footage.

Neville was seen to grab his shirt and gesticulate wildly towards Liverpool fans after Ferdinand's late winner.

The England defender was initially unapologetic about his behaviour.

He said: "I would have been apologetic if I had run up to one of their players and tried to belittle them, but this was a celebration.

"You are caught up in the moment and for a few seconds you go bananas.

"I laughed when I heard someone say it was not the behaviour of a 30-year-old because they are probably the same people who have accused us of lacking passion in recent games."

As the case is not on the FA's new fast-track disciplinary process, Neville may escape with just a heavy fine.
Personally I think it wasnt the smartest thing to do and a bit irresponsible but to be charged with improper conduct seems a bit harsh.

Vote :

Ronaldinho Best in the World
Gerrard Best in England

Being the captain you would expect him to show passion, but not right infront of the Liverpool fans and in that way!

I think this was stupid by Neville, he deserves a fine at least. To make it worse he was the captain....

Bad day for Man Utd players, Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with Improper Conduct by UEFA, for his gesture towards Benfica Fans.

How ridiculous this charge is. Its football! this sort of thing is supposed to happen. When players score and hold their fingers to their lips to silence the fans its the exact same thing. The FA are a useless footballing body!

Group E
England
Croatia
Russia
Israel
Estonia
Macedonia
Andorra

-------

Our group, lol, we won't be playing in Israel that's for sure.

The draw in full, top 2 from each group qualify, no playoff's

Group A

Portugal
Poland
Serbia and Montenegro
Belgium
Finland
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Kazakhstan

Group B

France
Italy
Ukraine
Scotland
Lithuania
Georgia
Faroe Islands

Group C

Greece
Turkey
Norway
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Hungary
Moldova
Malta

Group D

Czech Republic
Germany
Slovakia
Republic of Ireland
Wales
Cyprus
San Marino

Group E

England
Croatia
Russia
Israel
Estonia
FYR Macedonia
Andorra

Group F

Sweden
Spain
Denmark
Latvia
Iceland
Northern Ireland
Liechtenstein

Group G

Holland
Romania
Bulgaria
Slovenia
Albania
Belarus
Luxembourg

Group B is for me toughest group. There are three main contenders from that group. Next toughest group is Group A. From there are four main contenders.

Liverpool have re-signed Robbie Fowler from Man City.

Am i the only one laughing quite hard?

themuel1 said:
No way. I tell you what, if he goes back to Anfield (as a Liverpool player) then I'll run round Nelson's Column naked and you can see my impressive column...... :p (sorry in advance) :D

GOD IS BACK!

Attachments

• god2.jpg
    god2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 19
Lafa is a good manager but I don't rate his signings at all. Crouch for ?7m was a waste and I think Fowler is slightly past it and another waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread