Football Transfers Thread

I was just going through some of the threads of redcafe and found an interesting new link. Apparently, According to Balague we have made a bid for David Silva, the 22 year old European Championship winning winger from Valencia.

David Silva, along with David Villa, is in contract negotiations with Valencia, and yesterday the club said that talks were going well with Villa and they expected the Spanish international to agree to a contract extension in the end.

But Silva's agent, Julio Llorente, said on Friday that although talks were going well, they were still some way apart in their valuations of the player,: "He wants to stay at Valencia," said Llorente.

"We'll see what happens, but to remain is his first choice. There are other possibilities to analyse, but he's very happy here.

"In the coming days if something comes in we'll need to evaluate it and come to a decision. But David wants to stay and he has a contract."

But today, Lorente has said that Manchester United have contacted him with an official bid for the 22 year-old, which basically ends United's interest in Tottenham's Dimitar Berbatov.

The official approach could put a serious spanner in the contract talks, and with the millions that Man Utd could offer, it could price Valencia out of any chance of a compromise.

If United's offer is accepted, and Valencia allow the club to talk to the player, then it could see an avalanche of counter-offers from other big clubs, notably Barcelona, and possibly Chelsea.

Things should become very interesting in the next few days.

Interesting indeed and with Valencia looking to launch a bid for Louis Saha as a replacement for the leaving Nikola Zigic, a straight swap deal with cash could also be on the cards.

The Sun says that United will be signing Berbatov next week for about 25m .

Well when will be the next week gonna come :mad

The Sun is probably the worst newspaper in the world. Everything in it is complete bollocks. For once I agree with vaughny on this one.

Never believe The Sun. Even if a deal is being reached, I am sure no one in their right mind would inform those idiots.

Too bloody right! If it appears in a real newspaper, then I'd believe it, not a comic like the Sun. Sir Alex did say on Sky a couple of days ago that he's looking at two or three options up front still. Berabtov/Henry/Huntelaar? I'd want Huntelaar out of that lot.

(Wow, we've actually seen eye to eye on something!!!! Will wonders never cease...)

Aston Villa have got an absolute Bargain by signing Carlos Cuellar from us (Rangers) he was SPL player of the year last season, played in over 40 of Ranger's 50 games. £7.8Mill isnt enough but it activated a contract clause in his contract.

Gutted! King Carlos is no more! :noway

Users who are viewing this thread