Football Transfers Thread

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Nothing exciting then. Wake me up when season starts.. Starting to hate the transfer windows now that every transfer is a saga. Bring back the old days.

Falcao staying with ManU? I believe he would most definitely have a good season, this, if he does stay.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Falcao staying with ManU?
Well not United, but Chelsea are looking the certain suitors to grab his signature. We do our business in summer and don't do anything in January, and that's the problem, had we tried to sign Salah and Konoplayanka a couple of seasons back when we finished the league 2nd who knows what that extra bit of squad depth could've left us that season.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
It's not easy for clubs to buy players at the cost they are going nowadays. Anfield is being redeveloped, so I expect that to curtail the overall budget available for the transfer window. Unless we make good money selling players, we'll just be straining the books harder.
No club has infinite money, and a club who hasn't achieved its potential for the last so many years, has indulged in drastic transfers (more in than out) is running the risk of running out of cash soon.

Excited about Origi joining, but I don't think he's the quality we need. We need to bring in 2-3 players who're capable of pulling a team up on their own, and draft in the youngsters from the academy. Guys like Samed Yesil, Ibe, Sinclair etc can be good players if given a regular chance

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Excited about Origi joining, but I don't think he's the quality we need. We need to bring in 2-3 players who're capable of pulling a team up on their own, and draft in the youngsters from the academy. Guys like Samed Yesil, Ibe, Sinclair etc can be good players if given a regular chance
Yesil, Sinclair , Sheyi Ojo and Harry Wilson should be starting in some capital one cup or fa cup games on bench or starting XI apart from Yesil (injury) the other three have been consistent with their game and do really excite me.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Schneiderlin to Arsenal for around 25 mill is what I'm hearing. Will be sad to see him leave Southampton but it's no surprise if he does. Quality player, who will fit in well at Arsenal.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Schneiderlin to Arsenal for around 25 mill is what I'm hearing. Will be sad to see him leave Southampton but it's no surprise if he does. Quality player, who will fit in well at Arsenal.

He has moved to MAN U,great to see a loyal saints fan here.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Yup for sure btw what about Southampton transfer plans ?

We've just bought Clasie from Feyenoord where he was highly regarded. We replaced Clyne with Cedric Soarse who's a young Portuguese international and we're linked to Virgil Van Dijk from Celtic who will hopefully be our CB. We also bought Juanmi who's a young Spanish attacker so all good so far.

Users who are viewing this thread