Formula 1 2006 - Sepang Race Over [F1 Champ Edition]

Awesome work mate and good use for youtube, its a joy to watch some of the highlights of the race...kutgw and what game are you using again?

Awesome work mate and good use for youtube, its a joy to watch some of the highlights of the race...kutgw and what game are you using again?
He is using Formula 1 Championship Edition on the PS3 or if you have a PS2 it's really F106. BTW it is a quality game, I play it every week, so realistic aswell with stunning graphics, shame the commentry is a little rubbish otherwise it would be the best F1 game ever:(.

Yeh F1 Championship Edition on PS3 like Audrey said. I really like the use of videos as it portrays the story of the race, especially seeing as I can't get good pictures. I would use rFactor, except for the fact that I really can't control a F1 car on it :p

Thanks for the comments, it's Sepang next...

Awesome i'm just about to buy the game on the ps3 when I buy one tomorow. Can't wait for sepang hopefully Webber can hit back strong there..

Just a post to let you know a thing things about the story.

First of all, I will have Friday's session up hopefully sometime this week, but it will take me a while to get used to the Sepang circuit so that I can really get realistic times.

Secondly, I will be taking an article sort of approach from now on. It will be the same sort of text and pictures/videos, but with just a different layout. It will be sort of like my England Cricket story arictle style but with ITV and a bit of a different layout.

Thanks for commenting and reading :)

Sounds good Trev, really like the story so far and anything you add to it will only make it better...

www.formula1.com said:
bannereg1.jpg

Fisichella delighted with opening race win

Giancarlo Fisichella has showed his delight at becoming the first race winner in the 2008 season. Fisichella, 33, claimed just his 3rd race victory in 162 races in Formula 1. "I am extremely pleased with not only my performance but the overall car's performance. After finishing 5th last season I really needed to kick start this season with a good result. I wasn't expecting a win, or even pole, but I am so delighted with the way it has turned out. Now the team need to focus on Sepang in two weeks time and make sure we get another good result there."

giancarlofisichellayp0.jpg

Fisichella celebrates his victory

"I think that times are still moving forward for the Renault team. After Fernando won the title last season it was a huge boost for us, and now I think we can continue to build and make the car even quicker. Fernando may be the main attraction of the team but I feel that I can be up there as well, and the last race showed that. There will be time for celebration with the team and my family, but then it is back to the drawing board to see how we can improve even more."

Giancarlo Fisichella and team Renault will certainly look to build on Sunday's victory, and we could see another podium finish at Sepang. Fernando Alonso will also be looking for a podium place after a 1st corner collision with Jenson Button cost him a chance of winning in Bahrain. Alonso has stated that he is happy for Giancarlo, and is pleased with his own performance from Sunday's race. "I am happy for Giancarlo. He has worked very hard and he deserves this win. But overall I need to be looking at my performance, and I am also happy with that. Considering the incident into turn one cost me a chance of a podium place and maybe a win, I am very happy to pull it back and make 5th place. It shows how hard the team have been working to improve the car, and there are good times ahead for Renault."

fernandoalonsonz2.jpg

Fernando Alonso pleased with his own performance

© www.formula1.com

great race by fisichella. excellent presentation. are you actually a driver or are you just simming it?

great race by fisichella. excellent presentation. are you actually a driver or are you just simming it?

I am driving the car that finishes 8th from the race before. So for the 1st race I took the driver who finished 8th in the championship the season before, Rubens Barrichello. I was planning on simming the races and doing all the rest, but I don't think there is any way of doing that, so I raced it myself. As you can see I am pretty good at Bahrain, and so managed to gain 8 places from my qualifying position. Sepang will be a lot different as it's a very hard track to drive around...

Loving the quality mate! Fisichella is once again showing us how to drive. Anyway does that mean that you are going to be Jenson Button in the next race?

Yeh I will be Jenson Button, so two Honda races in a row. Will be very tough, and will most likely have to go down a level to be able to get realistic results. Will try and get practice done over the next few days.

Thanks for all the comments :)

www.formula1.com said:
bannereg1.jpg

Schumacher says title is wide open this year

Michael Schumacher has told media today that he feels this year's Drivers Championship is wide open. With the top four finishes in Bahrain from four different teams it shows how this year's Championship could go to anyone.

"It will be a great year of racing. Fernando Alonso comfortably won the title last year, and Kimi R?ikk?nen was hugely comfortable in 2nd place. But this year will be different," says Schumacher.

"The teams are more evenly matched this time around, and therefore it will be tightly contested. It may be a dominance of Ferrari, Renault, McLaren and Honda for the top eight spots, but at least it there will be a good title challenge from each team. Bahrain showed that any of the four teams could win it, and it will be the driver that performs the most consistent throughout the year who will come away with the championship."

The 7-time World Champion finished in 6th after starting from the back of the grid, but he was still not completely happy with his performance.

"I was happy with my final position after the trouble in qualifying, but I was a little disappointed with my own performance and the car's performance. To finish behind Fernando Alonso, who had to pit an extra time after colliding with Jenson Button, managed to finish ahead of me. It shows how faster the Renault is at the moment. It also showed that I was a little rusty after the break from last year's championship and this year's. I need to get back on the ball for Sepang, hopefully to be able to post a bigger challenge for that top spot and all 10 points."

Michael Schumacher will hope for improved fortunes as the championship moves on to Malaysia for the 2nd race. Sepang is one of the most difficult circuits from the list of tracks, so we could see a tightly contended race with many incidents along the way. Giancarlo Fisichella leads the championship after a win at Bahrain, also meaning that Renault top the Constructors Championship with 14 points after Fernando Alonso ended up in 6th.

michaelschumacheruu6.jpg

Michael Schumacher looking for improved performance at Sepang

? www.formula1.com

Well I think Michael is going to not win the championship what so ever!
BTW, off topic, What do you think of Codemasters getting the rights to do future F1 games? This is the link http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/5/7752.html

I think it's good news. The Colin McRae series has been great and so I think that the detail in the F1 game will be higher than before. Graphics wise there is not much more you can improve, but I am hoping that they will come up some innovative ideas and maybe improve gameplay. i.e - more technical faults ect...

Thanks for comment and pointing it out to me :)

Users who are viewing this thread