Formula One games are back!

This is pretty old news. Although I thought the 2009 release would be for the PC atleast. So I have a PS3, XBOX 360 and a PC, and I wont be able to play it then until next year.

This is pretty old news. Although I thought the 2009 release would be for the PC atleast. So I have a PS3, XBOX 360 and a PC, and I wont be able to play it then until next year.
From what I gather all we knew was Codemasters had the licence and were going to make an F1 game. Today details such as the platforms have been announced.

From what I gather all we knew was Codemasters had the licence and were going to make an F1 game. Today details such as the platforms have been announced.

What does it matter when, at the end of the day, its only going to be an arcade game?

Yeah Lee. Shame on you for looking forward to a fun game. :mad

F1CE is a very good game, and Codies will do a good job if they can match that game.

Going by the Codemasters forum, it's not going to be an arcade game, but it'll have the option to be if you want it to. For the rest of us, it'll be a proper F1 game.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

F1CE is a very good game, and Codies will do a good job if they can match that game.

The game Codies should seek to emulate is Geoff Crammond's GP4.

Going by the Codemasters forum, it's not going to be an arcade game, but it'll have the option to be if you want it to. For the rest of us, it'll be a proper F1 game.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

The game Codies should seek to emulate is Geoff Crammond's GP4.

It's going to be based on the GRID engine, which does arcade wonderfully as did Race Driver 1, 2 & 3, the simulation mode that it's going to offer still won't be good enough to be classed as a simulation. The only time a stand-alone F1 game will be decent enough to be considered a sim is if Crammond comes out and does a game again, rather more like GP3 than GP4. At the moment you're better off buying rFactor or GTR2 and getting a badly made F1 mod.

The last proper F1 game I played was Grand Prix 94 :p Schumacher was in a Benneton and and there were teams I have never heard of :p That was a great game though, my first proper computer game

GRID is an awesome game, and if they make it anywhere near as good as that then it will be a success. I'm looking forward to it, shame it won't be out until 2010 for PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread