International Cricket 2010 Discussion Thread

P

pcfan123

16th-17th at the earliest would be my guess. The 18th will be when majority get it.

Im sure there might be some insiders with copies already, but its so close that its hardly worth pressing anyone for information.

desisher

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i sure hope i will get the game the 18th. Otherwise i would be really painful to watch your comments about the game over the weekend. The problem is that the delivery from UK to EU countries might take some time...

-D-S-B-

International Coach
i sure hope i will get the game the 18th. Otherwise i would be really painful to watch your comments about the game over the weekend. The problem is that the delivery from UK to EU countries might take some time...
Ha, I know it's gonna be painful for me, it might take up to 2 weeks to get to NZ. Ah well school holidays are in 2 and a half weeks so I'll have more time to play then.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi Guys,
I just bought EA cricket 07 for PC yesterday as wanted to play some cricket game to pass time, and I tried the 'Behind the Batsman' cam as well as the 'flip' cam. The flip cam is exactly like the one shown in IC2010. I read a lot of posts on this forum mentioning how it was unplayable etc., but frankly, I suggest you all try it once on PC. Its EXACTLY like how its been shown in IC2010 (except the running between the wickets part)! Its totally playable, infact enjoyable!! You need to see the bowl outta the bowlers hand and timing the ball is just like playing cricket!!

Now, Im glad that the same feature is availabe in IC2010, but to all the people saying that EA implemented it badly in EA Cricket 2007, well I suggest you try playing that game again on PC and see that it was totally playable!!

The major gripe most of the fans have with EA is regarding shot selection and range - you can only play shots in 8 directions similar to the days of Gooch/Border cricket in early 90s. Thus, if you have fielder(s) in a scoring area you simply can't score any runs using that particular shot as each and every shot goes to the fielder, i.e. every cover drive will go in the same direction unless you mistime it :( Also, square drive is next to useless since the ball needs to be pitched way outside off (nearly 3-4 feet as per the game) for you to play the shot. Mostly you have just 3-4 scoring options available (flick/glance, straight drive and cover drive if no cover fielder around) and it gets extremely repetitive.

But if EA is able to implement 360 degree shot selection and fine-tune the shots (such as cut & square drive) a little bit, it would be better than Codies' series IMO.

nz0003

International Cricketer
Definitely keen on a 360 tournament. Still haven't pre ordered the game though, I'll have to wait a bit, got no money at all. I'll get to see the PC reviews I guess!

jaynffc

School Cricketer
anyone pre-ordered from shopto could have the game tomorrow as they dispatched mine today ;)

kingstonkids

School Cricketer
Yeah they do that quite often, they did that for me last year with Ashes.

Whilst not a delivery , the local Tesco has games on the shelves a couple of days before their official release date at a cheaper price as well so it's quite a good deal !!:)

Brook

Club Captain
So you could be playing the game tomorrow????

I could be, maybe two days, if I had preordered it. I remain to be convinced, although I could end up picking it up anyway. Very sceptical about any release.

Users who are viewing this thread