PC version - Codies Reply to my mail

aadhavzone

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
My Mail:
ear Sir,

This is aadhavan, a big fan of Codemasters cricket product, who officially buys every version of cricket you produced....!

This is mail is because, i am highly disappointed to see 'PC version' of 'International Cricket 2010' being missed in your recent news on 'upcoming cricket games', as it said that it will be available only on PS3 and XBox from June 18.

Why is it so? When I can expect PC release? Kindly tell me soon.
Codemasters Reply:
Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning International Cricket 2010.

Unfortunately we cannot confirm any plans, at the moment, to release International Cricket 2010 on the PC. We do not rule out doing a PC version, but this will not be in the immediate future.

Keep up to date with any further announcements on our website - Codemasters Official US homepage | release dates, trailers and news for racing, sports, RPG, FPS and action video games

aadhavzone added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

I can even see plenty of Pirate PS3 & Xbox DVD's in Indian Platform shops.... Fact being this, Codies should have increased security measures or they could have even tried to release in 'blue ray' which is highly secured than DVD.

Its quite insensible that they have skipped PC version sighting poor sales of Ashes 2009. In fact the Ashes 2009 game play had so many bugs, online play setbacks and frequent hang-ups during game.

So they are ready to loose big part of their fans! As already many exciting cricket games are being developed now, everyone will switch over to those games very soon.

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, they will lose quite a few pirate PC fans. That's a good thing.

FAIL, lol, PS3 uses Blu-Ray. Anyway, I don't think that many PC's these days have Blu-Ray drives, only the newer ones do. That in itself will cut out a lot of sales.

Anyway, do yourself a favour, go buy a PS3, it's for real gaming. Don't cry about how this isn't on PC, because tbh, they have made the right decision and they're not changing their minds.

aadhavzone

School Cricketer
are yaar, i have original versions of all 2005 & 2009 man!

i have been in touch with codemasters for a long time, not only this time!

Tanmay

Club Captain
are yaar, i have original versions of all 2005 & 2009 man!

i have been in touch with codemasters for a long time, not only this time!

Dosen't matter if you own all original version of codies cricket product,but thousands don't!

I too am dissapointed that IC10 is not for PC(myself being an PC gamer,i dont own any console) but tbh PC gamers need to be punished for this. Atleast now gamers in Asia(especially in Ind, Pak) should realise their mistake.Codies did the right thing in my opinion. Let's be hopefull we get a PC release for the next game

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Let's be hopefull we get a PC release for the next game

No , if they don't release a pc version of ic 10 there is no hope for releasing a pc version for next 10 to infinite years until some revolutionary anti-piracy software is released or there is heavy anti-piracy campaign in Asia and piracy is treated equal to a crime like theft,robbery

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
If they made a decent profit with the last game on PC, I can see them releasing the game on PC. They could be releasing the game weeks later to minimise sales lost through piracy. If it didn't make enough to warrant the effort, they should dump the PC platform for their Cricket series.

Hitterman

International Coach
Unfortunately we cannot confirm any plans, at the moment, to release International Cricket 2010 on the PC. We do not rule out doing a PC version, but this will not be in the immediate future.
LOL this seems to be a computer generated message. I remember someone else posting the same message a month ago at PC forums. It may be there in the main discussion thread.

The best reply is in the PC's Q/A :)

Hitterman

International Coach
If it didn't make enough to warrant the effort, they should dump the PC platform for their Cricket series.
What ?
couldn't understand
I think he means that if Codies don't have faith on their PC version's popularity and success then they should simply dump. :laugh

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
They could be releasing the game weeks later to minimise sales lost through piracy. If it didn't make enough to warrant the effort, they should dump the PC platform for their Cricket series.

From what i understand it is

it is ic 10 pc that could be released weeks later to minimize sales through piracy and then if the sales are still not could enough dump the cricket series for pc
:confused

sachin_rocks added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Hitty

make enough means greenery not faith codies dont believe in faith ther motto is paisa paisa:D

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
it is ic 10 pc that could be released weeks later to minimize sales through piracy and then if the sales are still not could enough dump the cricket series for pc
No, I was saying that they are right in not developing for PC, if Ashes 09 didn't make them enough money.

make enough means greenery not faith codies dont believe in faith ther motto is paisa paisa
That is how a business works. It takes money, time and effort to develop and publish games. If they aren't getting decent returns, what is the point?

Hitterman

International Coach
^You mean "paisa paisa karta hai par paise se darta hai" :p

Seriously, they need to take some risk like last time. AC09 was popular because of the PC version. They wasted their money in buying Securom license.

I just need a PC game and that's it.;)

Kabooka

International Cricketer
My Mail:

Codemasters Reply:

aadhavzone added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

I can even see plenty of Pirate PS3 & Xbox DVD's in Indian Platform shops.... Fact being this, Codies should have increased security measures or they could have even tried to release in 'blue ray' which is highly secured than DVD.

Mega Fail !!!​

PS3 games have never been pirated so I wonder where you saw those pirated games ? :noway

Do you know that no version of any Cricket game has ever been pirated for the Xbox 360 in India to be sold in shops. The explanation for this is rather long and is best not told. (Lets say the Codies outwitted the Grey market goons who run the piracy racket in India by keeping their game Region locked to PAL)

Coming to Codies releasing the game on a Blue Ray for PC , do you understand that you will need a 300$ (Rs 12000) Blue Ray drive attached to your PC to play this game ? You cannot play Blue Ray discs in your Laptops DVD Drive :doh . I guess you are better off purchasing a gaming console instead of a Blue Ray Drive.

God bless Shakespeare's soul, BTW do you actually own the real game for PC ? If so, Why weren't you on BETA 2 ? Would you care to prove me wrong by showing a snap of the games box & disc with a slip of your username next to it ?

Once again, De God zegent slechte Shakespeare' s ziel .

Users who are viewing this thread