PC version - Codies Reply to my mail

bad_till_bones

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Don't understand the logic of not releasing the game on the PC format b'coz of this ████ piracy :doh

Do codies think platforms like PS3 & XBOX cannot be pirated? :facepalm

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I just went to the store yesterday, asked for a copy of GTA IV, and I was told that its "Out of Stock". It might very well be that they ordered low stock anyways, but at least it shows that the copies are selling... Ashes Cricket 09 was on sale though, I guess I'll pick it up when I get my GTA IV.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have seen PS3 copies too, that also an year ago.

OK that news to me because here in Pak at least PS3 has not been hacked due to Blue ray technology. I am not sure if it has been done anywhere else too. WII and 360 were hacked as soon as they hit the shelves.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
It doesn't matter if piracy exists on consoles. Piracy on consoles isn't as widespread as on PC due to the consequences of modding the console.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
@sibis: They're not losing a large fan base, as most PC users were pirates as has been discussed a million times.

Most PC users are not pirates. Several games have been released without DRM and they sold bucketloads - how do you explain that if most PC users are pirates? More accurately, more and more PC users are being driven to piracy because of retarded DRM, such as Ubisoft's!

ajnabee

School Cricketer
Most pirated games which are played online on multiplayer are also difficult to pirate today due to strict security measures.Another good example I would give, would be of Ubisoft's Assassins Creed 2 which made it really really difficult for pirates to get through since it wasn't possible to play even single player mode unless the game was connected to Ubisoft's server.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Most PC users are not pirates. Several games have been released without DRM and they sold bucketloads - how do you explain that if most PC users are pirates? More accurately, more and more PC users are being driven to piracy because of retarded DRM, such as Ubisoft's!

You're not arguing the same point here. He was saying that most of the PC users of AC09 were pirates, which is undoubtedly true.

humtum

School Cricketer
Is this game region free? can it be played on xbox360 in US?

Users who are viewing this thread