PC version - Codies Reply to my mail

No. Rohit Sharma has himself said that they'll be contributing to the development of Codies games. Zapak has bought 50% hence they deserver rights to decided the developers and to spend the money. Zapak's development studio is Jump Games and they have some good knowledge of cricket games since they have developed many official mobile cricket titles.

You can see Rohit's interview for your information:
Zapak’s Rohit Sharma Speaks about Reliance Big Entertainment-Codemasters Deal, Company Plans | Game Guru

Hitterman added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Also developers don't decided the platforms. It's publisher's job.

Just so people know that's not the Indian cricket Rohit Sharma xD

^lol and he can't be. He should first play himself rather then making computer to play.:laugh. He is the CEO of Zapak.

No. Rohit Sharma has himself said that they'll be contributing to the development of Codies games. Zapak has bought 50% hence they deserver rights to decided the developers and to spend the money. Zapak's development studio is Jump Games and they have some good knowledge of cricket games since they have developed many official mobile cricket titles.

Keep in mind though Zapak is mainly interested in browser flash and Iphone games. I read another interview somewhere which said Trikstar are going to help Zapak develop cricket flash games. Though hopefully Zapak will use their influence to make the consoles game better (by bringing it to PC, teams rights, IPL and advertising etc).

^Thats right but since Codies have joined Zapak, the chances of a PC game are more next year. Zapak is currently distributing publishing the game in India and I believe they'll put their hand in development also even though they don't have a very big development studio.
How does that make sense? They only develop mobile and browser based games. They aren't backers of PC gaming or anything like that.
The CEO of Zapak himself noted that India does not have game development capability for PC and consoles, which is why they acquired a stake in Codemasters. I don't see them contributing to the development process.

Though hopefully Zapak will use their influence to make the consoles game better (by bringing it to PC, teams rights, IPL and advertising etc).
Thats what I was saying. They both will do simultaneously. Now, Codemasters' can't take decisions on their own.

Hitterman added 3 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

How does that make sense? They only develop mobile and browser based games. They aren't backers of PC gaming or anything like that.
The CEO of Zapak himself noted that India does not have game development capability for PC and consoles, which is why they acquired a stake in Codemasters. I don't see them contributing to the development process either.

That's true that they develop Mobile and Browser games but they have told that they will exchange expertise.

Originally Posted by Rohit Sharma, CEO Zapak
Yeah obviously. Now in that sense we also own a studio, so it helps us give development capabilities.

Also, if they'll think that PC versions are good for a game then they can make Codemasters to release a PC version. They are not partners. Codies have been bought by Reliance.

The CEO of Zapak himself noted that India does not have game development capability for PC and consoles, which is why they acquired a stake in Codemasters. I don't see them contributing to the development process.

They own 50% stake in the company. Even if Zapak doesn't back PC/Console gaming in India they are tied to the companies fate. Success for IC2010 in England and Australia means success for Indian offices of Zapak, so really I'm certain Zapak would fund several projects, browser flash games for their site or not.

They own 50% stake in the company. Even if Zapak doesn't back PC/Console gaming in India they are tied to the companies fate. Success for IC2010 in England and Australia means success for Indians offices of Zapak, so really I'm certain Zapak would fund several projects, browser flash games for their site or not.
That's correct brother!;)

They own 50% stake in the company. Even if Zapak doesn't back PC/Console gaming in India they are tied to the companies fate. Success for IC2010 in England and Australia means success for Indian offices of Zapak, so really I'm certain Zapak would fund several projects, browser flash games for their site or not.

I'm sure Zapak will fund new projects and use Codemasters' development capabilities to develop India centric games. I was questioning the connection that Hitterman seems to have established between PC gaming and Zapak.
Not releasing the PC version, was purely a finiancial decision. Zapak could influence that decision. But Zapak is not pro PC or has a history of PC game development. It could happen or it could not. Zapak acquiring a stake in Codemasters means nothing in the context of PC gaming.

In the email, Codies said like EA where Peter Moore was keep on saying that we are trying to bring back cricket and something like that.:p

I wish EA would release a cricket game. At present, Codemasters are ruling the cricket game development world substantially unchallenged. And they must be loving it.

CaptainOZ added 11 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Ah fond memories! But it did get repetitive after a while. Hopefully the new game will give us opportunities to let battle commence.:)

Hey Dutch (you don't mind if I call you Dutch, do you?) - wondering if you'd like to play some online IC10 with me when the game comes out? Hopefully the time difference between our goegraphical locations will be amenable to convenient scheduling of matches...

If your going to call him Dutch, then at least buy him dinner first.

They have no relation to the development team, that is solely being done by Trickstar Games which is different from even Codies
Exactly. As I have said before, PC is just another build target for the same codebase, IC2010 could be made into a PC game with minimal work, it's all there already.

But of course, being able to make a PC version doesn't make that PC version viable. PC games are a niche in the gaming market, a profitable niche for some genres (shooters, MMORPGs, etc.), but a niche all the same. Cricket games themselves are a niche, so the focus has to be on consoles. More people own a console than a gaming PC and more console users will purchase a game legally than pirate.

Codemasters have looked at the AC09 sales and decided it wasn't worth the costs to them of launching a PC version that in all likelihood won't sell.

Not going on PC is a deliberate decision, a change in corporate owners won't change the commercial reality.

Exactly. As I have said before, PC is just another build target for the same codebase, IC2010 could be made into a PC game with minimal work, it's all there already.

But of course, being able to make a PC version doesn't make that PC version viable. PC games are a niche in the gaming market, a profitable niche for some genres (shooters, MMORPGs, etc.), but a niche all the same. Cricket games themselves are a niche, so the focus has to be on consoles. More people own a console than a gaming PC and more console users will purchase a game legally than pirate.

Codemasters have looked at the AC09 sales and decided it wasn't worth the costs to them of launching a PC version that in all likelihood won't sell.

Not going on PC is a deliberate decision, a change in corporate owners won't change the commercial reality.

Excellent post. And that should settle the matter. Hopefully the 'PC release' arguments about this game will now end.

Just buy a damn console already. If you can't afford it, too bad. That's life.

Well I have got a dog and a bath duck..........does that help!?:p

Is the Dog black or brown ? Wait or is it a White dog with black spots ? Most importantly is it Male or is it female ? Does the rubber ducky make peepoo peepoo noises when squeezed ? If yes then i might be able to get over their loss in the game .

But most importantly : What about the hot women in Kiwiland ? You know something that grabs our attention in the middle of a game like this : [NSFW]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2595/4165301293_5bda525cb2.jpg [/NSFW]
(Why the bloody hell is Taylor not looking ? In India Its considered rude not to ogle at a half naked woman)

If your going to call him Dutch, then at least buy him dinner first.

I wonder what you gotta do if you wanna call him Dutchikens/Dutchypoo/Sweatpea etc.

Users who are viewing this thread