Formula One games are back!

personally, I will buy f12009 for my wii and if i get round to buying one by then, i will buy it for psp as well.

However, I will still play rfactor on PC as i think that it is a great game and the mods arent so bad.

This is great news! I just bought F1 05 and it is greaat. Jenson Button ftw!

Personally I don't have a problem with an arcade style racing game. As long as they don't pretend its a simulator then I have no problems. I can find room for both. Lets face it the masses want an arcadie style game over a simulator. Surely that's obvious looking at how cricket games have gone!

It's going to be based on the GRID engine, which does arcade wonderfully as did Race Driver 1, 2 & 3, the simulation mode that it's going to offer still won't be good enough to be classed as a simulation. The only time a stand-alone F1 game will be decent enough to be considered a sim is if Crammond comes out and does a game again, rather more like GP3 than GP4. At the moment you're better off buying rFactor or GTR2 and getting a badly made F1 mod.

Where did you hear that? Either way, I hope you're wrong: I won't be buying it if it's based on GRID's engine.

Geoff Crammond, where are you? :upray

Why not? GRID is probably the best racing game I've ever played on...

Because GRID is not an accurate simulation, its an arcade game pretending to be a simulation. Yes you might enjoy it, but that doesn't make it the best sim going. If you want to play a game thats still better than most modern games try GPL the only real flaws are the lack of front grip and general lack of grip at low speeds. GRID is just about looking fancy and not producing.

To be honest I'd rather it look fancy and be fun than by spot on and boring. I suppose it's just about personal preference, but still there's no need to clog up a thread with people who won't buy the game. This should be for those who look forward to his release...

To be honest I'd rather it look fancy and be fun than by spot on and boring. I suppose it's just about personal preference, but still there's no need to clog up a thread with people who won't buy the game. This should be for those who look forward to his release...

Who says spot on is boring? The fact that you can go around corners at unrealistic speeds without the rear of the car even threatening to step out is just silly. If you go too fast the car shouldn't just plough off the track, it should spin, having to find the balance where you're on the limit of having the rear step out on a fast sweep and controlling it, now that's fun.

Its not clogging the thread up on who won't buy it, it's just a discussion on the merits of the game.

Like I just said, it's down to opinion. You have yours and I have mine, lets just leave it at that. I do occassionally enjoy simulation, in fact more than occassionally. But for F1 I much prefer it like this. If it's a mix between GRID and F1:CE then it's going to be great.

Which is great, because at the end of the day it's going to be different to NFS because of the obvious reasons: cars, tracks, teams, drivers ect. Hopefully it'll be a fun game that I can enjoy playing randomly when I feel like it and something that really doesn't need much thought apart from making it around the track as fast as possible.

Where did you hear that? Either way, I hope you're wrong: I won't be buying it if it's based on GRID's engine.

Geoff Crammond, where are you? :upray

Who knows, been 7 years since GP4, not heard much from him or source of him for at least 3 years. Though GP4 still gets mods iirc.

You sure you aren't confusing F1 with NASCAR or IndyCar? Would be a real pity if you were....

Oh, I forgot F1 does have some tricky turns there, my bad.

Alright man, chill a little...

Haha I was chilled when I wrote that actually, but seriousley you enjoy driving a car around the same track 50+ times with a remote or keyboard? :cool: I'd rather be playing something like Need For Speed or GTA where there's point to it.

Who knows, been 7 years since GP4, not heard much from him or source of him for at least 3 years. Though GP4 still gets mods iirc.

Crammonds' crew went bust about a year after GP4 was launched. Yep, new tracks, car shapes and all that at Grand Prix Games - The community place.

Oh, I forgot F1 does have some tricky turns there, my bad.

Haha I was chilled when I wrote that actually, but seriousley you enjoy driving a car around the same track 50+ times with a remote or keyboard? :cool: I'd rather be playing something like Need For Speed or GTA where there's point to it.

At the end of the day on face value its the same as NFS except harder, going around a track alot of times......

Users who are viewing this thread