France cheat their way into the World Cup

Henry knew what he did and should've admitted it, it's just not fair on Ireland.
But what's done is done, I guess

Roy Keane laid into the Ireland team. I saw his interview on Sky Sports News and he seemed seriously angry.

Henry has said that he thinks there should be a replay, I'm guessing trying to cover his tracks seeing as there are many people who blame him (wrongly in my opinion) for it all. And apparently the people in France are unhappy at the way it finished. According to David Ginola people egged the French FA headquarters :p

BBC Sport - Football - Roy Keane has no sympathy for Republic of Ireland exit

One Irishman has a different way of looking at it. And he is not necessarily wrong.

Well he disregarded both Ireland and the spirit of the game sufficiently to make him almost irrelevant to speak on the matter.

I do feel bad for Ireland and I'd be incensed if it happened to us but it would've taken a great wave of generosity for Henry to admit to it. He ought've to have done but it's understandable why he wouldn't have. A replay would be best but it's not gonna happen, it'd take too much backbone for FIFA/UEFA

This is something I found on the comments board. :laugh
Wenger's eyesight improving

In the words of the BBC:

Henry's former manager Arsene Wenger echoed the frontman's thoughts, adding that the incident furthered the case for video technology to be used in future.

"Football accepts that a billion people see it, one guy doesn't see it, and yet it is the one who prevails. It cannot work," said the Gunners boss.

As normally being the "one guy doesn't see it" I would like to congratulate Mr Wenger on the success of his recent eye-transplant.

The thing is he knows he did it as you see him clearly touching the ball twice, yet the nerve he has to claim the goal. A true Frenchman indeed.

Roy Keane laid into the Ireland team. I saw his interview on Sky Sports News and he seemed seriously angry.

Henry has said that he thinks there should be a replay, I'm guessing trying to cover his tracks seeing as there are many people who blame him (wrongly in my opinion) for it all. And apparently the people in France are unhappy at the way it finished. According to David Ginola people egged the French FA headquarters :p

Well, Keano was right about one thing - how the heck wasn't that ball cleared? It should never have posed a threat - it was an easy headed clearance.

Maybe the French will win the World Cup now - maybe this was one of those 'name on the Cup' moments. God, I hope not. Having them level with us on World Cup wins is bad enough, but if they go ahead, it'll be damned annoying.

The Irish played awesome football and I really bad for them to miss out, thanks to this guy the world respected as one of the best ever footballer to play for France.

He's been ridiculous for Barca and he's really done himself no favour by blatantly cheating and then saying, "Yes, it was a handball but its the referee's job to point it out. I take it as a goal. Thank you very much".

Integrity seems to have disappeared from football. Shame on you Henry !

rahuldravidfan added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

This is something I found on the comments board. :laugh

That is some legendary posting by the BBC correspondent, there :rtfl

Users who are viewing this thread