France World Cup squad suspended for Norway friendly

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The suspension won't have much effect, because the match is just a friendly. It would have made a change if Blanc decided not to select any player from the World Cup 2010 squad for the next Euro 2012 qualifier. But that would put the pressure on Blanc.

Page last updated at 14:46 GMT, Friday, 23 July 2010 15:46 UK
France World Cup squad suspended for Norway friendly

The French Football Federation has suspended all 23 members of France's World Cup squad for their next game.

New France coach Laurent Blanc requested that no member of the squad be selected for a friendly against Norway in Oslo on 11 August.

France failed to win any of their three group games in South Africa.

The campaign included players boycotting training in support of Nicolas Anelka, who was sent home for insulting coach Raymond Domenech.

BBC Sport - Football - France World Cup squad suspended for Norway friendly

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Nasri, Benzema, Mexes, Koscienly, Diarra and perhaps even Remy have a chance to stake a claim under Blanc.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe even Trezeguet will be called back for France. He didn't want to play under the regime of Domenech.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Doubt it tbh. He's 32 and only scored 7 goals in 19 appearances last season. I'd like to see Gameiro get a chance for France, if they don't play him I'm sure that Portugal will call him up instead. He's had two very good seasons for Lorient and he's only young still.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Perfect move by Blanc.........he was a world class manager with bordeaux......

And now the prospect of seeing Mexes and nasri getting a call up makes me excited :banana2

Users who are viewing this thread