FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

Nah, not straight after. I've been getting challenge requests from other players and I'm keen to play them.

Top of the table clash between me and Tempest. He's currently unbeaten while I'm 2nd with 2 losses. I'll be playing my strongest lineup and hoping my team doesn't choke.

----------

Damn, pitch is green. Not conducive to spin bowling which is where my strength lies.

Why everyone is scoring huge total against me and I am getting bowled out? :mad:(

Because Saurashtra Lions' match rating is almost 100k more than yours. And you've only bought one player so that doesn't improve your chances that much. The players you get given aren't all that great and I wouldn't expect to win many matches with them.

Trying looking around on the TM for new players with at least (correct me if I'm wrong) capable or reliable primaries (batting/bowling). Shouldn't cost you more than 5-10k. But ask one of the more experienced players here for some advice and you'll be on your way.

Also, I don't know why Wanderers challenges new players who he knows he's going to thrash. He challenged me when I first started playing, twice. He must enjoy easy opposition. It annoys me really...

Really you should be able to find people with accomplished primaries for not much. Especially if you look for people who are in their mid twenties

----------

Someone challenged me to a friendly today so I accepted. They beat me by 4 wickets :( Only a 1.5k difference in match rating too

Iridium, thnx for advice. I will keep buying good players but within my budget. :D

I was about to pull of an upset couple of days ago but bowler choked. Gave away required 4 runs of the last ball :facepalm

Highveld Leopards >> Mate Dugandzic >> Details
Player Info

21 years old | 38,039 rating | $5,384 wage

Left hand batsman | Right arm Finger spin
Talents Gifted (Bowling)
Nationality India India
Form capable
Fatigue revived
Experience ordinary
Captaincy average
Skills Summary
Batsman average
Bowler expert
Keeper poor
Allrounder reasonable
Skills
Batting poor Endurance average
Bowling expert Technique expert
Keeping dreadful Power average
Fielding reasonable

Just bought this one...

He should go pretty well. Just leave him on bowling training, might have to do some fitness training later.

That's not too bad a player actually. Just keep looking for players like that I suppose.

We could have a youth knockout rather. I've noticed that our youth ratings have been getting pretty close to each other. A youth knockout would extract lot of thrillers. :D

Highveld Leopards >> Caymun Modi >> Details
Player Info

22 years old | 37,227 rating | $3,588 wage

Left hand batsman | Left arm Fast
Talents Slower Ball
Nationality Kenya Kenya
Form capable
Fatigue rested
Experience reasonable
Captaincy ordinary
Skills Summary
Batsman reasonable
Bowler accomplished
Keeper ordinary
Allrounder capable
Skills
Batting ordinary Endurance capable
Bowling accomplished Technique accomplished

Keeping poor Power average
Fielding ordinary

One more purchase.... Bowling department is now strong enough.

Getting wasted in my OD match. Before site maintenance came on, I was 60/5 (or thereabouts). Either way it ain't looking pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread